Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

Depends who you ask. Some think they are hiring a bunch to fill in for when they roll out the new flight planning system so they can train a couple large groups without hella overtime. Others think when the MAX earns its wings again we will get some of the canceled orders from other airlines at a deep discount and have a substantial increase to the fleet/schedule so they are gearing up for it in advance.

All anyone can say for certain is it’s just rumors and until it happens that’s all it is. I have no idea what they are doing or why but from everything I can see it does appear something interesting could happen in the next year. If the rumors are true there could be 2-3 more rounds in the next year.

Yeah I’m hearing rumors of ~90 new spots at both AA and WN over the next year.

Didn’t realize WN was switching flight planning systems, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all you SWA folks that were hired recently...where did most of you end up going to live? Is there a common area or part of town? apartment complex?

For all you SWA folks that were hired recently...where did most of you end up going to live? Is there a common area or part of town? apartment complex?

maxresdefault.jpg

Isn’t SWA due for another contract in the next year? I wonder how that is going to look in terms of pay.

With any new contract comes higher pay but I don’t think they are shooting for a big pay raise this time around. Morale is pretty high. I could be wrong tho. DL/AA are pretty far ahead SWA in pay so that could end up playing a role in negotiations.

With any new contract comes higher pay but I don’t think they are shooting for a big pay raise this time around. Morale is pretty high. I could be wrong tho. DL/AA are pretty far ahead SWA in pay so that could end up playing a role in negotiations.
Judging by the spreadsheet, it is just starting pay that is really off. Top of scale looks similar. I wonder what an actual side by side comparison would look like though.

the Senior peeps want more pay, the junior peeps want better scheduling rules and shorter scale to top out. If they end up trying to do the work schedule differently it could take a while for a new contract. Also, to my understanding DL is about to start or currently in negotiations for a new contract and pay will likely increase for them. Opinion only here so I could be wrong, but I would imagine WN gets a pay bump either way.

the Senior peeps want more pay, the junior peeps want better scheduling rules and shorter scale to top out. If they end up trying to do the work schedule differently it could take a while for a new contract. Also, to my understanding DL is about to start or currently in negotiations for a new contract and pay will likely increase for them. Opinion only here so I could be wrong, but I would imagine WN gets a pay bump either way.

What are the junior people looking for in terms of schedule?

More money will happen regardless.

some want a 5/2/5/5 like UA, others want a 4/3/4/4 like AA, others want a straight 4/4. Don’t see the company going for any of them though.

For those of you who were given an offer for the fall class, congrats. Out of curiosity, what was the start date they gave you?

some want a 5/2/5/5 like UA, others want a 4/3/4/4 like AA, others want a straight 4/4. Don’t see the company going for any of them though.

For those of you who were given an offer for the fall class, congrats. Out of curiosity, what was the start date they gave you?

Thank you. It seems to me hard to beat 6/3/6/3/6/6, at least if you enjoy traveling on the 6 day offs. Time will tell if any changes occur.

Back