New Southwest Livery leaked?

I think the SWA taxi speed thing is overblown. I'm in a relatively senior base and I don't see the guys taxi any faster than at any other company I've worked for. There are exceptions but they certainly aren't in the majority

I'm not sure. I got bitched at by one of your coworkers in Midway yesterday and we all still had to wait for 15 minutes for inbound traffic on the 4's.

I figure why taxi fast when I have to jam on the brakes at the end of the taxiway only to sit and wait.

Always have liked this scheme.

View attachment 28827
Me too. I really liked it and thought it was one of the best out there...then they had to go and mix it up. Lame

Dr. Schorr owns that design and they have to pay him to use it. Thus, they had to rebrand. But they don't reprint a plane until it needs it. So, soon there will be three different paint schemes in the fleet.

I'm not sure. I got bitched at by one of your coworkers in Midway yesterday and we all still had to wait for 15 minutes for inbound traffic on the 4's.

I figure why taxi fast when I have to jam on the brakes at the end of the taxiway only to sit and wait.
Some people are just always in a hurry and don't think longer than "right now." Like this captain I was flying with. We pull up to the hold short line and he says, "Tell them we're ready."
I don't say anything.
"Tell them we're ready."
"Sure, right after that airplane on a half mile final lands. Otherwise tower is just gonna tell us to hold short."
With an exasperated grunt, he tells the tower we are number one and ready.
"Roger," the tower says, "Hold short, landing traffic."

"Yerrr makin' me late."

I heard a Southwest 737 stuck behind an MD-80 taxiing to the gate at a crawl say that once. When I was watching it, I almost thought I was going to see a 737 rear end an MD-80.

From their presser today: http://heart.swamedia.com/
Their "ding" sound has also changed, two claps then the ding, kinda weird.
So this one is named "Heart One" & according to http://www.southwest-heart.com/ they plan on having 60 a/c painted by the end of 2014. I like it.

heartone_websize014.jpg

heartone_websize019.jpg

Last edited:
Is it at DAL? Pretty sure I just saw it take off as I was driving down 75. If that was it, actually doesn't look too bad.

Dr. Schorr owns that design and they have to pay him to use it. Thus, they had to rebrand. But they don't reprint a plane until it needs it. So, soon there will be three different paint schemes in the fleet.

Agree, the pixel planes looked great. No idea why they changed it.

Roz explains above why it got changed.

Sad, because it really is a sharp looking scheme, the black/grey/silver.

Chief among my beefs is anyone who would dare key up and ask/tell/otherwise pester another airplane to move.

"If you want that done, Your Airworthiness, you may key up and do so yourself. Sir."

Back