Helicopter v. hangar door

Oldie but a goodie!

Bad day to be wearing white pants.

10e2b09.png

@JeppUpdater, I hadn't seen this video before today. After reading the NTSB Final report I find it interesting the pilot blamed the little boy in the right seat. The video doesn't match his statement; man up!

@JeppUpdater, I hadn't seen this video before today. After reading the NTSB Final report I find it interesting the pilot blamed the little boy in the right seat. The video doesn't match his statement; man up!
I would have blamed those pesky bifold hangar doors. I hated them as a line guy!!

Here I was looking at signing up for some R44 lessons just a day or so ago.

Yea I'm good,

Scares the hell outta my old ass!!! I swear, I don't understand the flying, controlling, or aerodynamics of them. I can't even manage to fly my oldest grandson's RC model without crashing it into the ground, or into a tree or a wall at some point on every single try. Fixed wing is so tame. Rotor is so........well foreign and out there. Much more finesse and 3D thinking needed, I imagine. A plane wants to fly. A helicopter wants to spin your butt into the ground. Who the hell needs to hover, fly upside down, sideways and backwards anyways. I'd have to wear two Depends just to ride in one. Then I'd probably wind up falling out of the doorway anyways. :D

Last edited:
Scares the hell outta my old ass!!! I swear, I don't understand the flying, controlling, or aerodynamics of them. I can't even manage to fly my oldest grandson's RC model without crashing it into the ground, or into a tree or a wall at some point on every single try. Fixed wing is so tame. Rotor is so........well foreign and out there. Much more finesse and 3D thinking needed, I imagine. A plane wants to fly. A helicopter wants to spin your butt into the ground. Who the hell needs to hover, fly upside down, sideways and backwards anyways. I'd have to wear two Depends just to ride in one. Then I'd probably wind up falling out of the doorway anyways. :D

Unlike airplanes, helicopters simply have a death wish, wanting to commit suicide at all times, and waiting for the right moment when the pilot isn't paying attention, so they can take you with them. It's nothing personal.......for they do warn you beforehand: The helicopter does in fact talk to you at all times. But woe be the pilot who 1. Doesn't listen to what the helicopter is telling him (complacency), or 2. Doesn't fully understand the language the helicopter is speaking (inexperience); for the helicopter will interpert both of these failures to listen to it, as a pilot who also has a suicidal death wish same as the helicopter, and who gladly wants to share with the helicopter a double-suicide fate. A fate the helicopter is more than happy to accomodate. And the helicopter is, and has always been, equal opportunity in this regard; for it harbors no hatred, holds no personal grudges, and does not discriminate in any way, shape, or form.

Helicopters have no friends, don't want any friends, and don't care to be your friend. Understand that, and you will be fine as the pilot of them.

And here's one of the worst offenders...the AS-350B2. It tries to commit suicide with me onboard nearly daily, but it also knows that I both speak its language, as well as always listen to what it has to say and value what it's telling me. So we have very good truce between us. Great helicopter, just one you have to be understanding of, like making a marriage work out right and have few, if any, negative issues.

photo (7).JPG

Last edited:
It also sounds like the stall horn is going off when they first walk up to the remnants of what used to be a perfectly good R-44.

Back