Woman breaches Teterboro Airport security — goes on joyride past two active runways

Oxman

Woman breaches Teterboro Airport security — goes on joyride past two active runways: sources - NY Daily News

Port Authority police have arrested a woman who managed to blow through security at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey and drive across two active runways Tuesday.

The unhinged 32-year-old motorist drove her black Honda Civic past Guard Post D at the airport and ended up driving into the aeronautical area — which is restricted.

She was tailgating an authorized vehicle through the checkpoint and drove through before the guard could stop her, officials said.
During her joyride through the airport, she drove across the airfield, zipping across two active runways before coming to a stop. There were no planes on the runway when she crossed the airstrip.

The woman abandoned the vehicle near the airport’s Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum and ran off into the woods, only to be apprehended in nearby Moonachie, N.J., a short time later.

Sources with knowledge of the case said the woman had cuts to her hands, legs and inner thighs — most probably from climbing a barbed-wire fence near where she was found. No other injuries were reported.
Port Authority police were questioning the woman, who is also expected to undergo a psychiatric exam Tuesday. No charges have been filed and her name was not immediately disclosed. The majority of Teterboro’s security is maintained by a private company contracted by the Port Authority, although Port Authority police do have a presence there, sources said.

“The incident is being investigated to determine how to best prevent a recurrence,” an authority spokeswoman said. “The airport guard immediately notified Port Authority Police and operation staff of the incident and a pursuit began.”

Oh great. Just when you thought Teterboro couldn't get any worse, we're going to have KLAS-style retractable bollards and/or KBOS-style ancient, squeaky metal detectors manned by people who couldn't quite pass the TSA exam. Now we just need to burn down the H2 so everyone is consigned back to staying at the Triple H with their crap bar and run down rooms which positively REEK of Desperate Sad 135 Lifer.

Oh great. Just when you thought Teterboro couldn't get any worse, we're going to have KLAS-style retractable bollards and/or KBOS-style ancient, squeaky metal detectors manned by people who couldn't quite pass the TSA exam. Now we just need to burn down the H2 so everyone is consigned back to staying at the Triple H with their crap bar and run down rooms which positively REEK of Desperate Sad 135 Lifer.

There's a new Homewood/Hampton combo hotel in Teaneck that isn't so bad. I'm planning to make that the go to whenever I can't get into the Marriott next door, Edgewater hotels, or the CH's aren't harassing me about staying in the city.

I hear the Triple H has been renovated and is actually nice. Being said, I haven’t stayed there since the Fight Club days.

There's a new Homewood/Hampton combo hotel in Teaneck that isn't so bad. I'm planning to make that the go to whenever I can't get into the Marriott next door, Edgewater hotels, or the CH's aren't harassing me about staying in the city.
That complex looks nice. Love that Marriott.

That complex looks nice. Love that Marriott.

There's an overpriced bar there also. Haha

The best part is that there is a parking garage and you can access the elevators that go right to the floor level of your room.

Back