Where were you -

Anyone from California or Florida shouldn't be allowed to answer this question. They're just rubbing it in. ;)

Crashpad in DTW. Starting a trip tomorrow which heads south. Home for the Super Bowl!

One of these years I am going to put the snow blower in the back of the pickup truck, and drive south until someone asks me what it is.

It was more to the fact that they both are reported in the same metar. I don't ever recall seeing that before.

Hmm, okay.

Fly in the midwest here in the spring and early summer. You'll be surprised how many times you see (-/+)TSRAGR(GS).

I was in Denver for Frontier New Hire Orientation. I was praying to get back into OKC that night. We were the last flight into OKC before it was closed. I wasn't relieved until we touched ground in OKC because I kept thinking we would get home and then have to turn back for DEN. Props to the Frontier crew for a very smooth landing back in OKC with the 30+ knot winds, sleet, and snow.

Hmm, okay.

Fly in the midwest here in the spring and early summer. You'll be surprised how many times you see (-/+)TSRAGR(GS).

I think he was referring to the thundersnow, not just a regular thunderstorm.

Back to the topic of the thread, I've been here, at MDW for the past 35 hours and I'll be here till midnight tonight. Yay...

The roads are crap here in DFW. In a surprising turn of events, some folks actually *slowed down* on the slick roads. Granted, there are people doing 20 mph on the interstate. Oy vey.
On the upside, I was supposed to fly a 5 leg day today, but instead will be enjoying the day at home with pay courtesy of Mother Nature. Cheers.

It was 65 and sunny here in GSO. It was windy, I blamed 2 bad drives on the wind today; I was golfing in shorts and short sleeves :)

In/am in Tulsa sort of the early epicenter. City has effectively been shut down since and the airport was closed till today with one taxiway and one runway going but still can't get my plane out of the hangar.

Hmm, okay.

I think it's the fact you don't very often get Thunder snow, because that's what it was. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. Yeah, that report is normal for spring and summer. Not at all for the middle of winter though.

I've been in DEN for the past 2 days trying to get back to Kansas City. Flying SWA.. got 3 canceled flights and 4 rebookings.. finally made it in tonight! Had to pay for an extra night in a hotel, but since I was a "Stranded pax" I got "accommodated" with a cheap rate at the Holiday Inn Express! It felt good to get back until I saw a 3 foot drift into the back of my car. Luckily, snow plow man got me out! 13" here in KC for a total.

Dealing with thunderstorms in Jackson and Mobile the last two nights. Fun stuff. Even more fun was getting back tonight and spending an hour (and two scrapers) getting the 1 inch of ice off my car.

Dealing with thunderstorms in Jackson and Mobile the last two nights. Fun stuff. Even more fun was getting back tonight and spending an hour (and two scrapers) getting the 1 inch of ice off my car.

I'm looking forward to that on Sunday. I question whether I'll even be able to get in my car to get the scraper!

Back