Virgin American Hiring Window Open

Does anyone know if this clears old applications, or if previous applicants should update their information under the old application?

Just applied for the first time. Is the Online Assessment the same thing as the logic test I keep hearing about or is it along the lines as the American Airlines personality test?

Does anyone else change their cover letter slightly (or completely) after updating the app/reapplying? I'm paranoid that merely updating the date on the cover letter will somehow count against me.

Does anyone else change their cover letter slightly (or completely) after updating the app/reapplying? I'm paranoid that merely updating the date on the cover letter will somehow count against me.
I updated my cover letter to a picture of a cake that had VX flying around LA, NYC, and SFO. Suck it!

On a serious note, I wouldn't bother updating the cover letter, or at least the date. But that's just me. Of course, I'm still at a regional FWIW.

For those applying again/updating, when you logged into your account, you clicked the "Pilot" job listing and what did it say? I would think you would log in, find the new pilot listing, click it and try and apply to it.

Anyone know how many they're looking to hire and what competitive times might be?

https://www.virginamerica.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1921

Good luck to all who apply!

CEO was quoted as saying we are getting guys with 3,000-4,000 hrs and that it is experienced. I would imagine that's competitive? IMO it doesn't matter as long as you have the ATP, 2500 hrs TT, and preferably 1,000 turbine (PIC or SIC) then you should apply. I applied with ~4,100 hrs when the mins were 4,000 and I got an interview.

The key is doing as best as you can on the assessment. Getting a high grade/mark in that is usually the catalyst for the next step.

Some of ya'll shoulda reached out to me before taking the assessment, I could've provide a link to get some practice on the kinds of timed questions you'd get.

For those applying again/updating, when you logged into your account, you clicked the "Pilot" job listing and what did it say? I would think you would log in, find the new pilot listing, click it and try and apply to it.

I just updated today and As I recall, it starts you off on your homepage where your contact info and resume + cover letter can be attached. Then you need to click a separate menu and select the pilot job and actually hit "apply" wherein it brings up a series of questions about being a disabled vet or minority, etc.

CEO was quoted as saying we are getting guys with 3,000-4,000 hrs and that it is experienced. I would imagine that's competitive? IMO it doesn't matter as long as you have the ATP, 2500 hrs TT, and preferably 1,000 turbine (PIC or SIC) then you should apply. I applied with ~4,100 hrs when the mins were 4,000 and I got an interview.

The key is doing as best as you can on the assessment. Getting a high grade/mark in that is usually the catalyst for the next step.

Some of ya'll shoulda reached out to me before taking the assessment, I could've provide a link to get some practice on the kinds of timed questions you'd get.

Is it better to answer honestly or try to outwit the test? If it's the latter, can we safely assume the test is complete BS? ;)

As for how many we're hiring, no one knows exact numbers. The rumor is 100 new FOs. We are getting 10 planes from now until end of 2016, 2 of them are already in MIA getting the interior work done. The first one will be online in September. At a rate of one a month, that should be 4 new on the line this year and 6 next year. We staff ~ 6 crews per plane so 10 planes would mean 60 FOs which I think is a more realistic answer. But that doesn't take into account attrition, so it could be more. I would venture a guess we hire 50-90 pilots between now and end of 2016.

I just updated today and As I recall, it starts you off on your homepage where your contact info and resume + cover letter can be attached. Then you need to click a separate menu and select the pilot job and actually hit "apply" wherein it brings up a series of questions about being a disabled vet or minority, etc.

Ok, so as long as you update your stuff but then still click the new pilot job link and then hit apply and go through this new listing.

Is it better to answer honestly or try to outwit the test? If it's the latter, can we safely assume the test is complete BS? ;)

The personality isn't the hard part. That's easy, just be honest. Like most of these tests they are probably looking for consistency in what you are answering.

Didn't you have to do a section of timed (3 minutes per question?) cognitive/mathematical questions? That was the hard part. I think it was 20 questions but I can't recall it was over 3.5 years ago.

Ok, so as long as you update your stuff but then still click the new pilot job link and then hit apply and go through this new listing.

The personality isn't the hard part. That's easy, just be honest. Like most of these tests they are probably looking for consistency in what you are answering.

Didn't you have to do a section of timed (3 minutes per question?) cognitive/mathematical questions? That was the hard part. I think it was 20 questions but I can't recall it was over 3.5 years ago.

Yes. The logic questions are tough. I photographed them all and reviewed them after my last attempt. I definitely got 2 wrong. :-/

Back