Atlas Air Hiring - 10/2/23

BobaGotBack

Didn’t see this until now but it looks like Atlas is hiring dispatchers.

Not sure how many and I’ve heard it is hard to get in. Good luck to all who apply!

Here is the Link

Edit: it says only 1 opening in the listing… not sure that is accurate but dang.

From speaking with one of the people at ATLAS at ADF, they’re looking for people with enough experience to already know they’ve got dispatch as a career on their roadmap.

We’re not talking people newly certificated…we’re talking people who have done it for a year or two and have the initial anxiety out of their system.

Please note: I am summarizing a quick conversation and do not speak for any airline or any people from any other airlines. I’m just relaying the substance of what I was told.

There has been a massive hiring wave in the last 6-8 months, by massive I mean 8-10 hired. The current posting is for 1 maybe 2. The makeup over this time period has been 3 internals with no experience and the rest externals with a varied range starting with as little as 9 months at a regional.

There has been a massive hiring wave in the last 6-8 months, by massive I mean 8-10 hired. The current posting is for 1 maybe 2. The makeup over this time period has been 3 internals with no experience and the rest externals with a varied range starting with as little as 9 months at a regional.
Interesting!

Do they not anticipate to lose any one to 121 majors in the next few months? 1-2 seems hardly enough to open a whole new posting when at least 60 positions are going to be filled between United and Southwest in the next 60 days

Do they not anticipate to lose any one to 121 majors in the next few months? 1-2 seems hardly enough to open a whole new posting when at least 60 positions are going to be filled between United and Southwest in the next 60 days
There is currently 1 spot open on the seniority list but rumors that they are looking for 2. I don't think management worries about who might be leaving and instead they just backfill as the need arises. I haven't heard rumors of anyone from our shop putting in for UA or SW but surprises still happen.

There is currently 1 spot open on the seniority list but rumors that they are looking for 2. I don't think management worries about who might be leaving and instead they just backfill as the need arises. I haven't heard rumors of anyone from our shop putting in for UA or SW but surprises still happen.
Ah. Well thank you for the insight!

Back