Virgin America Hiring

Warning. You better be able to afford a min $1300 month for a dog house or be willing to drive from south of SJC or MRY on the salary package they offer.

VA is nothing but a regional that happens to fly Airbus 320s.

Actually their starting salary isn't that bad except it's in a horribly pricey area. I am sure that a commutable apartment that is "doable" can be found in the area - possibly in Oakland - but you definitely wouldn't be flush with cash either. I personally didn't like how their corporate HQ has an awesome view of SFO - which is their biggest hub and "home" airport - and they have (or did have) dispatch stuck in a windowless room on the first floor.

Actually their starting salary isn't that bad except it's in a horribly pricey area. I am sure that a commutable apartment that is "doable" can be found in the area - possibly in Oakland - but you definitely wouldn't be flush with cash either. I personally didn't like how their corporate HQ has an awesome view of SFO - which is their biggest hub and "home" airport - and they have (or did have) dispatch stuck in a windowless room on the first floor.

OAK might be a bit cheaper but do enjoy the 90 minute commute at least one way.

Manniax is absolutely correct. It isn't that insane to live here. You guys exaggerate what you don't even know. I don't care if you lived here for 3 years in 2004.... It's just plain bunk.
Most folks will have shifts that do not coincide with the commute hours anyway. I regularly drive from Oakland to SFO and if it's not 7 am or 4:30 pm I can do it in 22mins. Been doing it for close to 30 years. I often take the Oakland or Alameda Ferry to the City and just hop on BART. Don't need no stinkin car. And I don't live in a doghouse.
Plus there are no cockroaches, no giant moths, no snakes, no alligators, no flies, no mosquitoes, no snow, no ice, no freezing rain, no ice storms, no snow-megedons, no tornadoes, no 88% humidity, no 77% humidity, no humidity at all, great food, great wine, and 260 days of sunshine. Yeah, you're right...it sucks out here. And above all, it can't be done.

Manniax is absolutely correct. It isn't that insane to live here. You guys exaggerate what you don't even know. I don't care if you lived here for 3 years in 2004.... It's just plain bunk.
Most folks will have shifts that do not coincide with the commute hours anyway. I regularly drive from Oakland to SFO and if it's not 7 am or 4:30 pm I can do it in 22mins. Been doing it for close to 30 years. I often take the Oakland or Alameda Ferry to the City and just hop on BART. Don't need no stinkin car. And I don't live in a doghouse.
Plus there are no cockroaches, no giant moths, no snakes, no alligators, no flies, no mosquitoes, no snow, no ice, no freezing rain, no ice storms, no snow-megedons, no tornadoes, no 88% humidity, no 77% humidity, no humidity at all, great food, great wine, and 260 days of sunshine. Yeah, you're right...it sucks out here. And above all, it can't be done.

Epic and well said. Now I really hope I get called just to work with you!

Thanks Kenneth, If you make it out here, I have some great wines ready to open...
But we'll have to eat ramen in the dark..and I hope you dont' mind the doghouse I live in. It's not bad,...it only costs me 100Million dollars a day! You know how it is here in the Bay Area. Im waiting for someone to bring up "earthquakes".

Reactions: nyk
Thanks Kenneth, If you make it out here, I have some great wines ready to open...
But we'll have to eat ramen in the dark..and I hope you dont' mind the doghouse I live in. It's not bad,...it only costs me 100Million dollars a day! You know how it is here in the Bay Area. Im waiting for someone to bring up "earthquakes".
What about earthquakes?! Lol sorry had to

Back