Virgin America Hiring

350k in the DFW area will get you roughly the same accommodations as you'd get in the Bay Area for about $3 million.

Yup. Just for fun I checked out rents in the Burlingame area...a nice 1 BD was renting for about 50% more than my mortgage plus assessment each month. I still think it would be fun to live out there. Just very pricey. At least they have a decent starting salary in recognition of this.

LOL I love reading this thread every time this topic comes up about cost of living for Carriers such as Virgin, JetBlue, Hawaiian, United etc.

If Ramen noodles & Kool-Aid are a regular means of living single then you can make it anywhere. Don't care what anyone else says.

Last edited:
Who is buying a $350,000 house in Dallas? We've priced homes in the area and found 4BR/3BA in good school zones for well less than $200,000.

Why does everyone here have to poop (yeah I used that word) on others parade about living in a high cost city. If it doesn't concern your career then shut up about it. My god! Some people know how to live in those cities otherwise they wouldn't have a population. I've lived in NYC @ a salary of $1200 gross income a month and was in college as well. Living off campus and didn't eat ramon.

Why does everyone here have to poop (yeah I used that word) on others parade about living in a high cost city. If it doesn't concern your career then shut up about it. My god! Some people know how to live in those cities otherwise they wouldn't have a population. I've lived in NYC @ a salary of $1200 gross income a month and was in college as well. Living off campus and didn't eat ramon.

I don't think it's a rain on your parade, I'd like to call it a reality check. Crunch the numbers first before you dive head in first. Everyone's circumstances are different and the caution may not apply to everyone. I mean if you're still attached to the nipple and don't know what a credit score is then all this talk about cost of living may seem oblivious lol. If you have some sort of significant high debt payment (credit card, expenses of raising a family or owing the Sheffield mob family) then maybe just maybe these places aren't for you. Like I said, different walks of life, different perception.

Back