Oh base closure. Again.

Looks like hello SEA Bus base and goodbye LAX Bus base. LAX Bus gone "no later than" Q4 2021. Opening SEA Bus slowly with several bids, first one opening this May and effective Sept 1st. 25 CAs, 25 FOs. Overall system bid will be 35 CAs and 50 FOs for this one (which results in ~80 newhires). Then 25 more SEA Bus crews each seat effective Dec 1st and then another 25 crews effective Jan 31 next year. Most surprising, SEA Boeing stays same size - no decrease. No news for SFO Bus.

I was displaced out of New York when they closed that base and then used displacement rights to get a Captain seat in LAX on the Bus. Now it looks like I'll be displaced again and will have to use displacement rights because I'm in the bottom 15 in B/S/E. With about ~65 CAs below me on LAX Boeing CA, I am hopeful I can at least hold a position here. Email mentions potential extending some Bus leases that were expiring in light of the prolonged MAX grounding. Regardless the 319/320s will be eventually gone and if we stay dual fleet, it would only be A321neos. The email mentions that if this happens they will most likely only be based at SEA. Bottom line no matter which way you slice it, its' gonna be a little ugly. I can see the Seattlites bid Airbus for their super seniority (I say that because no Virgin guy showed up in the first ~450 positions on the list). Anyone in the top at Seattle would beat out on any Virgin guy for seniority on the Bus.

Ugh. No one said it would be a boring career!

We will be glad to take those 319/320s however.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us hand over the 320neo orders to AA and get some of your MAX positions. They have already stated the 319/320 will be gone eventually but because of the prolonged MAX grounding, they are looking at extending Bus leases.

Welp you're not the only one getting displaced. See ya on the Guppy!

You’re senior enough to hold off a while? Or you gonna bid Boeing right away?

I’m in the bottom 25, my gut feeling is I’ll be cut with this very first reduction bid in April effective October 1.

You’re senior enough to hold off a while? Or you gonna bid Boeing right away?

I’m in the bottom 25, my gut feeling is I’ll be cut with this very first reduction bid in April effective October 1.
Yeah im gonna hold off, especially after seeing how frequently the company drops the ball in implementing things (ie. OS2020). I'm thinking wait until I get officially pushed out so I am not seat locked. DEFINITELY not happy if/when I have to go to Guppy training for 100 days and be away from my wife and kid 5 days at a time :mad:

Yeah im gonna hold off, especially after seeing how frequently the company drops the ball in implementing things (ie. OS2020). I'm thinking wait until I get officially pushed out so I am not seat locked. DEFINITELY not happy if/when I have to go to Guppy training for 100 days and be away from my wife and kid 5 days at a time :mad:

Agreed. Not looking forward to the SEA training.

That's like a day of training for each year it's been in service

Back