Oh base closure. Again.

Not to throw a wet blanket over a fire, but airlines don’t make decisions on “virus hysteria”, they’re looking at precipitous drops in demand.

Are you saying the drop in demand is not due in some part to the public’s reaction (hysteria) to the virus? I don’t understand your post.

my buddy(at compass and lives in Seattle) is interviewing soon(next month?not sure) his questions were,
based on whats going on:
Junior base?
Upgrade time?

those are moving targets but he has offers at F9 and Spirit but (of course) wants to stay in Seattle.
Upgrade time will be about 10+ years for anyone hired now. We have only 20% of the list retiring in the next decade and no growth or planes coming.

Are you saying the drop in demand is not due in some part to the public’s reaction (hysteria) to the virus? I don’t understand your post.

The drop in demand is due to hysteria, but Alaska has realised it's temporary... Getting people on property to cover the future need is the goal.

He should be going to either Frontier or Spirit before he even considers Alaska, whether he lives in Seattle or not.
Probably won’t matter, I’m pretty surprised Alaska still has the latest group of new hires in class given the virus hysteria. Hard to believe they’ll bring on anymore until things get sorted out.
Alaska is still a major airline and as such will have no problem filling classes.

I’m testing the malaria killing combo of gin and tonic, see if it keeps me from getting it
Worked for me!

WaPost has also reported that you can make your own hand sanitizer from vodka. My stores haven't run out of that, but there isn't a bottle of hand sanitizer on any store shelf in Florida.

Demand is demand whether it be from a rumored Jackalope apocalypse or something real.

The question is how the economy reacts and if demand remains depressed from the after effects.

They can't afford tickets because they spent all their money on TP and canned food.

Seriously. I ain't scared of getting sick or dying, I'm scared of everyone else being scared and behaving irrationally.

Back