Uniforms?

Tram said:
I think the students will wear ties and 'letts..

The instructors will wear Khaki pants and a Polo from what I hear...

I was ok with the polo shirts, but ties seem a little much.

Captain_Bob said:
Dallas... July 3rd... 101 degrees... 95% humidity... 125 degrees in the cockpit of a light twin on the tarmac with no AC and very little ventilation... Shorts and tees... priceless...

Phoenix... July 15th... 112 degrees... "Yeah but it's a dry heat" comments don't really help... 135 degrees in the cockpit of a light twin on the tarmac with no AC and very little ventilation... Shorts and tees... priceless...

Uniforms... are they serious? There is no formal classroom/groundschool environment... I'd like to hear their rationale behind this before I give any more opinion... but... uniforms aren't even required at regional/major ground schools.

Hmmm...

Bob

Yeah, sitting on the ground in the Seminole in PHX when its 112 degrees in a uniform:insane: Now all the ATP guys are going to look like the RAA guys. Glad I already went through the program. At least the instructors don't have to wear the uniforms.

I hope they are just talking about the white polos. I don't see the logic or rationale for making students play airline pilot by wearing shirts with epaulettes. That's just plain DCA/FSA/RAA silliness.

Yikes, I can't imagine wearing that stuff doing the program in the summer. I did the private in Jax during July/Aug, and holy cow, there were a few days where the heat/humidity was just unbearable and I always wore some khaki shorts, and the polo.

Is this the official transformation into "ATP Academy"?

Tram said:
I think the students will wear ties and 'letts..

The instructors will wear Khaki pants and a Polo from what I hear...

You kidding? Why don't the instructors have to wear the uniform? I actually don't have a huge problem with the uniform. I agree it looks a little goofy when stepping out of a Seminole or 172, but a friend of mine who now flies for TSA attended the Delta Academy and he said the uniform made students feel a little more professional about their training. I buy that to some extent. I guess it can play a minor role in that.
So do you know for a fact we need epaulettes and a tie? Three bars I assume?

Do I know for a fact? No..
Do I know the uniform will no longer be a Polo for the students? Yes.

Some call the 800 number and ask. :D

Oh no, its true, I got the call from ATP saying they need my measurements for uniforms. Oh please don't let them have epaulettes(sp?). I have to walk through one of the busiest FBOs in Florida to get to the ATP birds. No way do I want to be caught wearing the stripes. Not before its official that is ;)

Hehe.. yeh, I am glad I got out of there before the stripes happened.. :)

School hasn't started yet.. January 4th is the class date.. :)

I can't possibly begin to fathom why ATP wants its students and instructors to wear uniforms beyond the current polo. That was part of the fun while at ATP, pointing out the other flight school's students getting out of 172's wearing pilot uniforms in the hot Florida weather. I guess the ATP folks will just have to resort to pointing out how the other flight school students are thousands more into debt for less multi time and the same ratings and more time invested and leave the part about the goofy uniforms out of it. (ari-ben excepted)

Uniforms @ ATP???

that's crazy, i can't believe that ATP has gone to that level, I should show up wearing an airforce flight suit, helmet, oxygen mask and the g suit to go up and do some stalls, and VMC demo, in a seminole. I can't believe ATP is following suit. Does anyone know why they are going to this new policy?

this is F___ing lame!! why are they doing this now? if iwanted to play airline pilot of a seminole i would go to DCA or pan am. seriously, what purpose could a uniform possibly serve?

I remember going up with Rich down in Jax, and he was busting on the Delta Connection guys for about 5 minutes while we were in the runup area... I was just glad he had someone else to focus on for those 5 mintues.

Wonder what he thinks of all this?

I agree with you all that its not a good idea making ATP students wear uniforms. Tim your words were classic.....is this the official transformation of ATP into "ATP Academy"? In certain parts of the country it would actually be a hinderance to wear them while training....(Tx in August yada yada yada) TIMBUF how ya doin and where ya at? TRAMMY where ya going to school? LATE.

AV8TOR said:
... I should show up wearing an airforce flight suit, helmet, oxygen mask and the g suit to go up and do some stalls, and VMC demo, in a seminole.
High-larious!
Flightsuits would be better than epaulettes.
I want to buy and Ercoupe and paint it in a military livery, then wear a flight suit for my important missions.

Well.. The uniforms start in Jan.. Just talked to a 'structor tonight.. YOu guys have fun.. :)

Coach - I am going to give the Jetstream 32 a shot, see if she can make me a genuine pilot. :) Got hired by Regions Air.. Woot..

Back