UAS over Detroit area

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Apparently last night/early AM ATC received multiple reports of “drones manuevering aggressively” between FL230-FL600 around the Detroit/Toledo area. That’s all the info I have but it’s weird.

There’s a guard or reserve unit in upstate NY that operates UAVs. Although, I don’t know if they’d be maneuvering over DTW.

(insert alien joke here)
1664290776082.png

The weirdest thing I've seen in flight was at 3am one morning right about there earlier this year, way above us... and we were at FL410. It could certainly be described as drones moving aggressively.

The weirdest thing I've seen in flight was at 3am one morning right about there earlier this year, way above us... and we were at FL410. It could certainly be described as drones moving aggressively.
Going from LIH to HNL something caught my attention, up crazy high but stupid bright light that was moving crazy fast - thought it was a meteor until it crossed over HNL and made a definite (and aggressive) turn to the north…

A few hours later going home, I hear the tanker check on coming back from some warning area way the hell out in the ocean, so I wonder if some badass government space plan needed gas or maybe I was just hallucinating.

About two weeks ago flying over the AR’s from Florida to NY at approx 3am I saw something I couldn’t explain. 1 to 3 lights with the brightness of the North Star to nothing at all and they definitely appeared to be maneuvering well above our altitude but very very far away. Initially I thought I was seeing navy aircraft dogfighting from very long distance and was catching the light from the burners when it was facing me. I asked ATC what the type was and he said absolutely nothing out there civil or military. Delta and I believe cargolux reported seeing same thing.

For sure made a very late flight moreinteresting

I have seen some things I can't explain while out camping, points of light that looked like stars making 90 degree turns and shooting out of my field of view. Or the old standby, french fries and donut contrails, of course I was working across the runway from the Skunkworks when I happened to notice that.

Back