The perfect answer to reserve!

I got a call at 4am this morning. I said no and explained that Im going to be watching reruns of The Hills all day in order to prepare for the season opener April 6th.

Can you elaborate on this?....seeing as how I'm riding the RES train next month!

Sure, it's a ring scheduler. Basically it turns off the ringer/vibrate so that you won't hear the phone ring during whatever time period you select.

For me, it means I won't get a call at, say, 4am when I'm not even supposed to be on call until 9am.

Oh, nice.

That's better than setting your alarm at 5 minutes prior to your on-call period to wake up and turn your cell phone's phone capabilities back on.

Sounds great. Is it an iPhone app? Or do you have some other kind of programmable phone?

Thanks for the reply, btw!

I was thinking along the lines of the Mechanical Turk. Get paid to do work units while sitting on reserve. They're usually repetitive, analytical, or small creative tasks that cannot be easily done by a machine. E.g., describing images or writing product reviews.

If scheduling calls on my day off, I run to the frige and slam a beer before I answer. "Sorry, I have been drinking... What? You don't drink at 8am?" I could lie but what better excuse for drinking in the morning than a call from scheduling. Party!!:nana2:

P.S. I hjavbe ben drinkin

If scheduling calls on my day off, I run to the frige and slam a beer before I answer. "Sorry, I have been drinking... What? You don't drink at 8am?" I could lie but what better excuse for drinking in the morning than a call from scheduling. Party!!:nana2:

P.S. I hjavbe ben drinkin

Why can't you just tell them you had a beer and not slam the beer? It's not like they are in your living room. Unless you like "slamming" beers at 8am? Just curious.

Why can't you just tell them you had a beer and not slam the beer? It's not like they are in your living room. Unless you like "slamming" beers at 8am? Just curious.

We've had schedulers say stuff like "You guys are always drinking when you call. We're starting to not believe you." One pilot said "Seriously? You realize you just said that on a recorded line. Do you WANT me to call the FAA?"

A ring scheduler for my new phone! Too bad I can't target specific number ranges, heh heh.
my Moto Q does this with the calendar function. i just have to set my schedule to busy for some time period and my phone goes to stealth mode :) i use it daily (but i am not an airline pilot, just a CFI w/ a busy schedule)

Back