The Official "Waiting on FOL from Chicago PEPC" thread

My last name starts with T. My references start with B, C and R and my address reference starts with K. I haven't talked to the C because he is in OK City for Radar training and I don't want to bother him but all the rest had received and mailed back their forms by the beginning of last week.
also had an issue on my medical that required further documentation. I tried calling several times to get clarification on what they needed me to send them but no one ever called me back. I finally faxed what I thought they needed last Tuesday so apparently that did not hold up my reference forms from going out.
If I have learned anything from this process it is that trying to find a logical explanation as to how this process flows is a fruitless effort.

Well there goes that theory!

As for the medical and background, they are seperate processes. I have spoken with medical people on several occassions. I have also talked to the HR lady. She confirmed what the medical people had said -the background is run on its own, uninfluenced by the medical and the medical never checks on the background. I am pretty positive that one would not be held up because the other one was. I had just wondered if the background checks were done on an alphabetical base. Guess not.

Last week my husband spoke with the medical department about his clearance. They said on Wednesday they would call him back. On friday when he still hadn't heard from them, he called and spoke with them again. They told him that they would be reviewing his file that day and would call. No call back. Now we are in the dilema - should he call again?

The last time he spoke with them, it sounded like they were REALLY starting to get annoyed. I know one time when I was talking with them they were saying that the phone was ringing off the hook and they had brought in people from other departments to help with all the faxes being received as well as the phone calls. I felt bad for them. I kinda think that was the reason she was annoyed cause well, she had ALWAYS been really nice and sweet before. I hope it wasn't over my husband calling. He was just calling them back cause they never called him like they said they would!:buck:

They have called to verify this or that about his car accident and stuff, but the biggest reason we spoke with them a million times is we had faxed the information in. I had a feeling that we needed to call and verify it was really received. It wasn't. That was the time they told us that lots of new people had been in the office "helping" and they were finding things all over the place. They asked us to faxed it again. We called after faxing and once again didn't receive it, so we finally emailed it. They called back to let us know that they had received it that time. I definitely was glad that we called and verified it was received. If not we would have just assumed all was good and my husband would have been disqualified because they never received the information.

This process is:panic: So many applicants and paperwork, it is bound to have some lost or misplaced I guess. I had read on here to make sure things are received and get confirmation....I reiterate that. Make sure you stuff is received and/or get confirmation! :crazy:

I also want to add one silly rant...why do faxes still exist? With technology that way it is and emails, there is no longer a need for messy faxes. You can have the documents faxed to you and get nasty, blurry copies or you can take less time than the faxing would take and scan them and attach them to an email. With an email you can have a confirmation that they received it from them...not a silly machine. UGH...sorry rant over!

Yeah, the medical and security processes are run by differant outfits. The medical office is actually part of the FAA in OKC I believe, but the security check is run by a differant unit entirely I believe (the OPM). I am pretty sure my medical is all cleared out, and the last of the reference letters I know about is being mailed off today, so hopefully if I call next monday there will be some sort of word about what's what. I'd like to atleast find out if my medical cleared. They called me with some questions and said "If we don't call you again within the next week you can pretty much assume it cleared." :crazy: You know what they say about assumptions?!?!

EDIT: This just in, I just got the militiary experience e-mail again. Did anyone else? Instead of saying 12-15 Aug 08, now it says Sept 04 - Purge!!! I'm not sure what it means by Purge... :crazy: lol

I feel like I'm in the dark on this, how do you know the progress of your background and medical, as well as the interview? Are you calling your HR rep?

I feel like I'm in the dark on this, how do you know the progress of your background and medical, as well as the interview? Are you calling your HR rep?

i call her about once a week. when youve been dealing with these people for 2 years, you learn not to trust them. :rolleyes:

they can only tell you if it has been processed or not.

To call or not to call.. to call or not to call.. I can't decide!! :crazy: I sent off an e-mail monday, but no reply :(

To call or not to call.. to call or not to call.. I can't decide!! :crazy: I sent off an e-mail monday, but no reply :(

dont be afraid to call your HR person if you have something LEGITIMATE to ask. the problem with getting ahold of them lies in people that havent even taken the AT-SAT or gotten their TOL calling for asinine crap.

all of my references have recived their letters. i'm still not sure about medical. i called last week and they said it would have to be reviewed. i said well should i make an appointment since you think you may need more clarification and it could essentially speed up my process. they said no. THEY are about on my nerves with the ridiculous degree of slowness in how they deal with us.:drool:

I spoke with my HR rep today; he says only my medical is yet to be processed. Fingers are crossed to hear something within the next week.

I spoke with my HR rep today; he says only my medical is yet to be processed. Fingers are crossed to hear something within the next week.

calling mine on monday. i have reason to believe im in the same boat :drool:

I've heard from 4 of my references that they've already mailed there's back in. Haven't heard from anyone else. I'm waiting until Oct. 1 to call FAA. That's my timeframe, cause I don't wanna harass them or anything...give em plenty of time. I'll check then...until then I'm relaxing. I refuse to stress about this process...there's no point.

I know you wanna play it safe and not be too pushy, however, you're not going to hurt their feelings. As long as you're not calling every day, one or two calls or emails isn't going to put you at the back of the line.

I know you wanna play it safe and not be too pushy, however, you're not going to hurt their feelings. As long as you're not calling every day, one or two calls or emails isn't going to put you at the back of the line.

word. just be really nice to them, see how thier day is, joke a little and they dont mind talking to you. i try to keep my calls <1 per week. i feel that's pretty fair.

well just got off the phone with my HR rep and he said that all my clearances have gone through, but that im on a list behind something like 20 people waiting to get into ZFW and that I shouldn't expect a class date until something like march/april. :( im hoping that some people decide to turn it down or they open up more classes so I can get in a little before that. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

well just got off the phone with my HR rep and he said that all my clearances have gone through, but that im on a list behind something like 20 people waiting to get into ZFW and that I shouldn't expect a class date until something like march/april. :( im hoping that some people decide to turn it down or they open up more classes so I can get in a little before that. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Well, great... JUST great!

ihasasad.jpg

yes i know boomer, very sad. This means I have to figure out what to do with my living situation and see how screwed up that can get with the FAA. Looks like I might be moving back to fort worth and in with my parents come January and maybe trying to be a part time substitute for a couple months just to earn a little income. i was really hoping for a november or february date.

On a side note, maybe i can make the next dfw area ATC meet and greet now, hahaha.

march/april :(

i really didnt want to sit through another new england winter :(

maybe i'll have better luck since i'm going to a small terminal :p

Back