The Official "Waiting on FOL from Chicago PEPC" thread

Yea I had all 3 personal references, one form work experience, and the other was a unemployment verification from when I was in high school. I might have had more, but that is all I know of that received one.

Cool, I haven't heard anything from anyone getting letters so I'm in anticipation for something to happen.

Checked the mail at work today and got two items from the OPM, one to my supervisior and one for our personell office (we have like.. six people who work here). Anyhow.. woohoo! Finally got something :) How about you boomer?!?!

no one has received anything of mine because I am waiting for them to review my medical info... from an issue from 4 years ago that was a one time gig... migraines for pete sake.... from a concussion. all a bit re-donk-u-lous

My husband also has a medical clearance he is still waiting on but before he had even sent in all the information to the medical area about the his car accident 11 years ago, references had started receiving letters in the mail. We know that at least 4 people have received the references.

One of my friends called last night, saying he got his form from OPM to fill out and he's mailing it out today. Has any timeline been kinda worked between when your references send back the work and about how long it takes for the clearance to go through? Just curious.

While on this topic, how do you contact the security clearance area to see if your clearance has went through? Ya, ya I know it has been posted before, use the search button, blah, blah, blah...I don't want to, I am being lazy. :p Will someone just give me the answer? :D

While on this topic, how do you contact the security clearance area to see if your clearance has went through? Ya, ya I know it has been posted before, use the search button, blah, blah, blah...I don't want to, I am being lazy. :p Will someone just give me the answer? :D

you don't. OPM is not authorized to release such information

Yeah I believe you just conact your person at the FAA and check on security. I know that they called me about my medical (the medical division.. or whatever), so they said if I didn't hear from them within a week then my medical is cleared. So since it's friday and it's been about a week and a half.. Ima say my medical cleared, now just waiting on security to clear. :nana2:

So we're heading into week 4 after our PEPC. Any takers on if we hear anything this week?

I was talking to my husband the other day....and i have a theory.

Boomer, what was the first letter of the last name on the people that you put down as referrences?

See, only half of my husband referrences have received any paperwork. As I started to think about it. All the people that had received the letters really quickly after had last names that started with B. The next ones started with K and they just received theirs a bit ago. The L, M and O last names still have not received theirs. I have wondered if they enter in all the referrals into a database and what they are a referral for and then they go through alphabetically and send out the referrals. I guess it is posible for them to go off individual last names too...but our last names starts with an H so I doubt we would have been one of the first to have reference letters sent out.

my friggin INTERVIEW hasn't even cleared yet :banghead:

which means my medical, security (which i already have), psych, and piss test have not even been LOOKED AT. :banghead:

which means my medical, security (which i already have), psych, and piss test have not even been LOOKED AT. :banghead:

is it cuz you took the non pepc route?

Same with me just found out on Friday. She told me my medical was in though....

well i'm glad im not the only one :hiya:

The lady that was interviewing me said they were writing everything down and had to enter it into the computer to send to, I think she said, either the facility manager or region manager with their recommendation. She commented that they (whoever reads what they enter) like to get a feel for the personality of the candidates. So, from the language and process she referred to it sounds to me like the final interview pass decision comes from someone else besides your actual interviewer.

Does anyone else remember their interviewer saying "I am definitely recommending you. Congrats"? (as mine did) or did they say "You passed, you're in."

I was talking to my husband the other day....and i have a theory.

Boomer, what was the first letter of the last name on the people that you put down as referrences?

See, only half of my husband referrences have received any paperwork. As I started to think about it. All the people that had received the letters really quickly after had last names that started with B. The next ones started with K and they just received theirs a bit ago. The L, M and O last names still have not received theirs. I have wondered if they enter in all the referrals into a database and what they are a referral for and then they go through alphabetically and send out the referrals. I guess it is posible for them to go off individual last names too...but our last names starts with an H so I doubt we would have been one of the first to have reference letters sent out.

My last name starts with T. My references start with B, C and R and my address reference starts with K. I haven't talked to the C because he is in OK City for Radar training and I don't want to bother him but all the rest had received and mailed back their forms by the beginning of last week.

I also had an issue on my medical that required further documentation. I tried calling several times to get clarification on what they needed me to send them but no one ever called me back. I finally faxed what I thought they needed last Tuesday so apparently that did not hold up my reference forms from going out.

If I have learned anything from this process it is that trying to find a logical explanation as to how this process flows is a fruitless effort.

Does anyone else remember their interviewer saying "I am definitely recommending you. Congrats"? (as mine did) or did they say "You passed, you're in."

My interviewer told me at the beginning of the interview that there was nothing I could say in there that would prevent me from getting the job. He basically told me if I couldn't answer a question then I should just go on talking about something. Thanks to this board I knew all the questions ahead of time so that wasn't a problem but I would say he spent about 75% of my interview time talking about himself.

Back