The Official "Waiting on FOL from Chicago PEPC" thread

all of my references besides work are supposed to call me when they receive anything. when i hear i will post something. however i also recieved email today about the military. i wonder if everyone from the chicago PEPC is recieving these??? thoughts?

got the e-mail, replied yes :D

hopefully my stint in the marine corps gets me some seniority

I'm still watching to see someone get a class date that is going to ZDV!! I want atleast a prospective class date before I get my FOL lol.. :crazy: Pins and needles. I knew it would be this way :p Back to waiting on something just like waiting on the interview.. lol

One of my contacts received their letter today.

Time to start getting excited....

and then wait some more :buck:

Make that 2 of my references have received their letters....just got a phone call about the 2nd.

Woo hoo! :rawk:

One is my current residence reference, the other is my first personal reference from the SF-85.

I'm very surprised that these went out so soon-12 days after my PEPC.

atleast one of my references got 2 letters today to verify my unemployment periods. yep ive been a bum a few times, mostly while taking classes. you know, marching band takes up all your extra time so there were a bunch of periods that I didn't work. that was fun to fill out on the computer.

My FOL can't come soon enough, class dates, im not worried about. I just want the piece of paper saying i'm officially in.

atleast one of my references got 2 letters today to verify my unemployment periods. yep ive been a bum a few times, mostly while taking classes. you know, marching band takes up all your extra time so there were a bunch of periods that I didn't work. that was fun to fill out on the computer.

My FOL can't come soon enough, class dates, im not worried about. I just want the piece of paper saying i'm officially in.

are you tower or en route?

I have had all 4 of the people I listed as references for living history and 1 out of 3 people listed for work history call me to tell me they got the letter, all of them received it last week, the last one got it on Thursday 8/21.

Today I was at work and the mail was dropped off....amongst all the junk mail was an envelope addressed to my boss regarding (I'm assuming from the envelope) me and security clearance. I manage a health club and my boss is a regional manager so he does not have a specific office instead just travels from club to club (21 clubs total) logging in wherever he is at. At first I did not feel nervous about this because I figured I would have an idea when I would be starting class in OKC before I had to share the news with my employer. Now I'm a tad more apprehensive. Say I hand him this envelope tomorrow and explain I applied for this FAA job before I started working for him, he fills it out and knows I'm looking to leave, and then I don't get a class date until 2009!!!! I'm about 97.9% positive he would have me replaced before then...this kind of sucks. This job as an ATC is definately a once in a lifetime opportunity and I would quit pretty much any job I was at to get the chance to get involved, but I'm having trouble handing this envelope over before I have a solid offer and I know I probably won't have a solid offer until I hand it over!!!! Anyone else struggling w/ this?? Am I the only one who actually listed my REAL manager to confirm employment (I figured...it's the government...they'll find out if I list a co-worker as my boss....)????!!!!

I'm enroute headed to ZFW. I swear there are atleast 30 of us just on this forum headed there. I guess they have a real big need.

I listed my real manager, but luckily I'm in a union industry so I don't have to worry what they think about me

I see your pain... perhaps you can be as vague as possible? Don't ask, don't tell. And if he asks you, you could just say you are 'considering a future career in ATC', but leave out the when, where, and how.

Saying too much could hurt, and hopefully your manager would have the decency not to pry into your personal life. If you make it sound like you're just taking the initial steps, then maybe he won't think anything of it.

Since I already had a current 85P when I went through PEPC, I'll be sure to let you guys know the minute I get my FOL ;)

Back