The Official 5/2 (PUB2) Geographic Preference thread

I'm hoping to end up in GRR or MKG but I have a sneaking suspicion that DTW and D21 are understaffed. . .

Do any of you guys that have been talking to oak city lately know when we can expect the PEPC? Are all of the PUBNAT2 guys done with the PEPC??? If so I think that would mean were next in line. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to end up in GRR or MKG but I have a sneaking suspicion that DTW and D21 are understaffed. . .

Do any of you guys that have been talking to oak city lately know when we can expect the PEPC? Are all of the PUBNAT2 guys done with the PEPC??? If so I think that would mean were next in line. :rolleyes:

PUBNAT 2 hasn't started PEPC... PUBNAT 1 has one more PEPC to go (not including the one happening right now).

PUBNAT 2 hasn't started PEPC... PUBNAT 1 has one more PEPC to go (not including the one happening right now).

My bad, I meant PUBNAT1. . . LOL I should know pubnat2 guys havnt done the pepc yet because I'm one of them! DUUURRRRRR :crazy:

You know if they have their last PEPC scheduled yet? My simple minded brain tells me if they do have it all scheduled and are completing the last of the PEPC's soon there shouldnt be that big of a delay for ours. . . Right? Because we are next in line...

wow mostly easterners posting here!

#1 WA

Hoping for 1st ZSE and 2nd S46

We don't live there now but my Lady wants to go to med school there and that would help us get qualified as "residents" :nana2:

I'd like to work in the DC / N.VA area, but I'm not sure how to mark that down or whether they even need trainees up there.

If I did #1-DC and #2-NY would I get rejected due to lack of demand?

wow mostly easterners posting here!

#1 WA

Hoping for 1st ZSE and 2nd S46

We don't live there now but my Lady wants to go to med school there and that would help us get qualified as "residents" :nana2:
Hope you like the rain lol. It rained yesterday. Cloudy today.

Haha. I decided my preferences are CT and NY, both terminal and enroute.

I just talked to a friend of mine who's a controller at BDL (CT)... there are 10 trainees there now. So the chances of that are pretty slim.

Probably end up at zny. woooooo! ha. :panic:

1. CA (LAX)
2. AZ (PHX)
3. GA (ATL)
4. FA (MIA, MCO)

Yeah, I'm having trouble narrowing things down. Any of those locations would be fine though.

Yeah, you're right. I'm game. If we didn't want a challenge, we wouldn't be applying for this job.

Yeah, but it might be wise to listen to the folks that work in those facilities, such as ATLTRACON, and heed their warnings. I'd probably be safe saying that probably a good number of people who washed out "wanted a challenge" too and thought they were up for the task.

That's why I'm going to go as far as saying that I do not want A80 when I do my preferences. I've flown through their airspace and regularly listen to north initial approach to/from work and it is no joke. Even those with plenty of experience have got to be on top of their game when a rush happens, particularly if some weather starts popping up. With that in mind, whomever was on 128.0 (N Initial Approach) on Tuesday morning between 8-9 am, kudos to you. I don't think whomever that was got a second to take a breath for almost 30 minutes straight.

Back