The Official 5/2 (PUB2) Geographic Preference thread

I did TX and SD....taking a gamble with both, but hey, won't I get another 2 choices for the 7/31 announcement after everybody else finishes their AT-SAT?

:)Thanks for your input guys. I'm taking a little bit from all of you. I am going to list the county with the airport code in preference order and give a reason why i chose those particular areas. Thank you so much. Good luck to us all:)

Is there any harm in waiting until closer to the 24th to fill the form out? I am undecided at this point.

I don't think they look at them until the end either, because I changed mine a few times and they went with the last one I submitted. However, when I called to make sure that was ok they did have a record of all the changes...

I don't think they look at them until the end either, because I changed mine a few times and they went with the last one I submitted. However, when I called to make sure that was ok they did have a record of all the changes...

I see you are going to ZTL, man i would love to be a few months behind you. Are you planning on living in Hampton after the academy?

I see you are going to ZTL, man i would love to be a few months behind you. Are you planning on living in Hampton after the academy?

Well from what I'm hearing from some controllers there, I'm leaning towards living in Peachtree City. You should have a pretty good chance at ZTL if thats where you want to go, because (and this is just a rumor I heard) they're looking at selecting a large number of applicants during the next panel meeting.

Well from what I'm hearing from some controllers there, I'm leaning towards living in Peachtree City. You should have a pretty good chance at ZTL if thats where you want to go, because (and this is just a rumor I heard) they're looking at selecting substantial number during the next panel meeting.
I also heard the same thing when i toured the facility about a month and a half ago. Peachtree City is very nice, but also the most expensive place to live in the area. If you have any questions about the area at all feel free to ask, i am very familiar with it, b/c i only live about an hour south of ZTL.

I used to live in Coweta County, about 10-15 minutes from PTC and also did my flight training for my PPL at FFC.

It is true that PTC is probably one of the most expensive areas to live in, but it is very nice for the most part. Tyrone and the Stars Mill area are pretty good too and are a bit less expensive. General rule of thumb is that you probably want to stay on the west side of Fayetteville and south of Ga 54 as a general rule, particularly if you've got kids you may have to send to school one of these days.

Even though it would put you very close to ZTL, I would have to recommend against anywhere in Clayton County. Their schools are in the crapper, property values have tanked (currently Clayton is one of the counties with the highest rates of foreclosure in the Atlanta metro area) and crime is higher than quite a few other counties in the area. Its a shame, because that's actually where I'm from, although we moved out some 15 years ago now.

Back