The Official 5/2 (PUB2) Geographic Preference thread

I hope so, I haven't got anything this morning. Maybe it will come when I am not looking for it, but it is so hard not too.:panic:

I have all my emails coming to my sidekick...so I'm not worried about missing it. But I'm not feeling lucky.

I have all my emails coming to my sidekick...so I'm not worried about missing it. But I'm not feeling lucky.

Well I can't blame you and your lack of an AT-SAT score anymore :crazy:

I want to pick my preferences already so I can wait some more :panic:

i hate that i'm not alerted when i get e-mail in my junk box... click click click... all day long... i really want to apply for PUBHI, but what if i get skipped on my local facility? don't know what to do

Just recieved an e-mail from the FAA confirming that the next panel is scheduled to meet September 8th. As to a referral ist, they advised it will be generated sometime within the 2 weeks ahead of the panel. So this would be from Aug 25th all the way up to the5th of sept.
Makes sense I guess, the FEBOTS referral list was created on the 6th of june and their panels met the 9th if I recall correctly.
As to the GEO preference e-mail they informed it will be sent aprroximately 1 to 2 weeks prior to the referral list. this puth that around the middle of August somewhere between the 11th to the 23rd of august.
So it looks like we have another week or 2 of waiting before we see the next step.

i apologize in advance if this is already posted out there, but does anyone know when the 5/30'ers finish testing? i'm trying to figure out whether or not we'll be grouped with them.

i apologize in advance if this is already posted out there, but does anyone know when the 5/30'ers finish testing? i'm trying to figure out whether or not we'll be grouped with them.

Seems to be 8/15 and I feel like we probably will be grouped with them...

Just recieved an e-mail from the FAA confirming that the next panel is scheduled to meet September 8th. As to a referral ist, they advised it will be generated sometime within the 2 weeks ahead of the panel. So this would be from Aug 25th all the way up to the5th of sept.
Makes sense I guess, the FEBOTS referral list was created on the 6th of june and their panels met the 9th if I recall correctly.
As to the GEO preference e-mail they informed it will be sent aprroximately 1 to 2 weeks prior to the referral list. this puth that around the middle of August somewhere between the 11th to the 23rd of august.
So it looks like we have another week or 2 of waiting before we see the next step.

Wow, they've actually given us a definite date? Did the febots even get an official date?
I really hope the Geographic Prefs come out before August 23rd. That's the day I leave for a 7 day cruise. I really don't want to have to be checking my email on the ship the way I do right now. $$!!

Be watching for a pic of me at the famous Maho Beach in St Martin. My goal is to get a pic standing directly underneath a landing 747. (If my gf can pull it off)

Wow, they've actually given us a definite date? Did the febots even get an official date?
I really hope the Geographic Prefs come out before August 23rd. That's the day I leave for a 7 day cruise. I really don't want to have to be checking my email on the ship the way I do right now. $$!!

Be watching for a pic of me at the famous Maho Beach in St Martin. My goal is to get a pic standing directly underneath a landing 747. (If my gf can pull it off)

I have read on some other threads including one on ATCCTI.com that stated the same dates for the panel. So I am hoping the person I got the e-mail from is right.
Enjoy St. Martin, definately will make a coll pic. Just don't get blown away. They really fly low man
st-maarten.jpg

That will be me, minus the Speedo. I just don't want to be there, while you guys are all home filling out your preferences.
Going there is what I'm looking forward to most out of the whole trip. My girlfriend say's I'm like a little kid.

Yeah, its starting to look like the geo-pref e-mail will be coming out after the 5/30's finish testing. Just in time for them to group us together.

I wonder if they always group people together? It seems to me if they do group us then that lowers OTS chances of being picked!:confused:

Me too! I'm going on a Cruise to St. Marteen on Aug 30th! I hope it comes out before then!

I wonder if they always group people together? It seems to me if they do group us then that lowers OTS chances of being picked!:confused:

I believe this would be the first time two announcements would be grouped together. If they do, it probably would lower our chances of being picked simply because there are more people they can choose from. I guess it shouldn't be too bad though since it seems that there aren't many PUBNAT3 applicants.

The people on this message board are the only people who have said anything about the two announcements being grouped together. Simply becuase the timing permits it, doesn't mean the FAA will do it.

They make referral lists based on the announcement number.

Even if NAT3 finishes testing in time for the panels, they would need 3 weeks (or how ever long they give) to select their geo prefs, so even if they got their geo pref email the day after testing finishes it would be very very tight.

I wouldn't worry about it too much... but I don't want them grouped together either.

The people on this message board are the only people who have said anything about the two announcements being grouped together. Simply becuase the timing permits it, doesn't mean the FAA will do it.

Even if NAT3 finishes testing in time for the panels, they would need 3 weeks (or how ever long they give) to select their geo prefs, so even if they got their geo pref email the day after testing finishes it would be very very tight.

I wouldn't worry about it too much... but I don't want them grouped together either.

Nah, we know we're the ones who are saying it, but it just seems feasible. I feel like the FEBOTS were given 3 weeks because they had so many issues with the website at first. Now that they have a working version of the site, it wouldn't be so difficult for them to set it up for us and send out the emails. I'm also hoping they don't group us together, but it would make sense if they do...

Well, I was recently told that the Director of Recruiting's son just turned 5 and just made an announcement that his new favorite number is 5, so he gave the directive to hold off work on all other PUBNATs and begin work on PUBNAT5 and then do 2-4 after that.

confused-1.jpg

If they do group us together, it will most likely be because there are so few applicants between the two and they want to create a pool of applicants similar in size to PUB1. So, that would mean that our chances of hiring would be the same as theirs was. Most likely. I can't see them doing it for any other reason. Why would they intentionally enlarge the group if they were going to select fewer people?

Me too! I'm going on a Cruise to St. Marteen on Aug 30th! I hope it comes out before then!
Cruising is the only way to go. I figured I better get one more out of my system before I have to wait til I'm 56 for another vacation. :nana2:
Are you going on the Liberty with RC? We looked at that but decided to go with the Freedom on the 24th.

I just spoke to someone up in OKC for a good while and here is how our selection process will work, when to expect the emails, referral lists, etc... I apologize in advance for the redundancy in regards to previous threads:

1) Geo emails will be sent next week or possibly the week after but will not happen today. (no rush because the committe doesn't meet until Sept. anyway)
2) Appx. two weeks after geo preferences are submitted by candidates, referral list will be created based ENTIRELY on geo preferences. So if you received a 70 on the ATSAT and the area you selected needs people you will be on the referral list. Same goes for those who received a 100, if your geo preferences do not need people you will NOT be on the referral list.
3) Committee will meet in early Sept. to review applicants on referral list. THIS is where the ATSAT scores come into play. Those with well-qualified scores are selected for interviews first and if there are any available spots then they will look at those who had qualified scores.
4) Email will be sent out in early to mid October asking those selected for interviews to select their PEPC location.

There is no way to get factual numbers on facilities that are in most need unless you know someone in the FAA that is willing to discuss confidential numbers with you so your best bet if this is truly your career path is to simply select that you're willing to go anywhere in the world for this position and mean it. (yes, that is an option on the geo pref email). Hope this helps and clarifies for our group.

Nah, we know we're the ones who are saying it, but it just seems feasible. I feel like the FEBOTS were given 3 weeks because they had so many issues with the website at first. Now that they have a working version of the site, it wouldn't be so difficult for them to set it up for us and send out the emails. I'm also hoping they don't group us together, but it would make sense if they do...

I was told by Dana in HR that there is a process they have to go through. FAA HR doesn't send out the emails for preference. I was told that they send our information to a contractor and they send out the email. HR doesnt have any control of when the contractor sends it out. But I do know that Dana is out this week and she wont be back until Monday so maybe she will give me a little more information then. She is a Sweetie!:rolleyes:

Back