The Courseys, Travolta, $800K and… allegations

Oh, there’s already a new train wreck today. Women shouldn’t be pilots because _____.

Yeah, because no one has crashed more airplanes than white men.
Geez, I sure HOPE that's massively true. Only because, you know, it's also massively true that -for better or worse- white men have piloted the preponderance of ALL airplane hours and ALL airplane flights.

I'm just checking in here to ensure that math still works and statistics aren't allowed to devolve into their oft potentially pop-status second-definition: to wit, "damned lies".

Geez, I sure HOPE that's massively true. Only because, you know, it's also massively true that -for better or worse- white men have piloted the preponderance of ALL airplane hours and ALL airplane flights.

I'm just checking in here to ensure that math still works and statistics aren't allowed to devolve into their oft potentially pop-status second-definition: to wit, "damned lies".
It's also true that "white men" have invented, constructed and operated the overwhelming majority of flying contraptions since their inception, it seems like simple math that if a certain group is engaged in a dangerous endeavor that group is more likely to mess it up and have an accident. Times have changed but trying to say "white men" have historically crashed more airplanes using statistics is balderdash only an idiot would engage in. It's like saying statistically that more people who use public transportation are involved in a bus accident versus people who own a car.

It's also true that "white men" have invented, constructed and operated the overwhelming majority of flying contraptions since their inception, it seems like simple math that if a certain group is engaged in a dangerous endeavor that group is more likely to mess it up and have an accident. Times have changed but trying to say "white men" have historically crashed more airplanes using statistics is balderdash only an idiot would engage in. It's like saying statistically that more people who use public transportation are involved in a bus accident versus people who own a car.
Uh, I sense -but am not entirely sure- that you missed my point entirely.

Uh, I sense -but am not entirely sure- that you missed my point entirely.
Maybe. You're writing style often makes it hard to grasp whatever meaning you want to impart. So, in plain dumb English, what were you trying to convey with your post?

Back