The Courseys, Travolta, $800K and… allegations

I think if you want to be technical, it was probably the boomers when they exploded car based infrastructure after WWII
Speaking as one, I'd be absolutely certain you're right.

Still, we're not alone in the world. On my first visit to Weissach in Germany visiting friends, I hiked from their home one early morning down to the town center in search of the railroad station. Located across a reasonably busy street, albeit with traffic signals, the marked crosswalk was some forty or fifty feet distant and the sidewalk filled with a number of people, including children on their way to school apparently, waiting to cross at the designated spot in "legal" fashion.

I seized the moment when there was a quick break in traffic, looked both ways, and ran quickly across the street - amazed at the immediate caterwauling and finger-pointing from the group waiting patiently at the marked crosswalk. Thinking it best to ignore that, I went behind the railway station to explore a bit.

I was surprised when the local constabulary approached me only several minutes after my successful road crossing. Passport was at our friends' home and, of course, I had no idea of the street address. The officers were polite and seemed glad to put their English to practical use, and they finally drove me to our friends' residence, backtracking the clumsy route I had walked earlier to the scene of the crime (and it's funny how different unfamiliar things look from the backseat of a car instead of walking).

Anyway, finally successful in finding the home, my only "discipline" was a stern lecture from the officers and our friends Gudrun and Georg. I was never able to leave the house alone again, even on a couple subsequent visits, without being asked if I had my passport and the paper with their address and phone number in my pocket.

I feel like jaywalking is the casual crime that has eluded me. Is it legally defined as crossing an intersection diagonally? I feel like I learned that at some point. Who would do that? Only monsters. I also feel like Gen X created this crime
It was well before Gen X or even boomers. ;)

Both jaywalker and jay-driver are taken from a sense of the word jay, meaning ‘a greenhorn, or rube’. It is unclear why jaywalker shifted its meaning and survived for more than a hundred years now, while jay-driver languishes in obscurity. And if you are one of those who find the conduct of the jaywalkerobjectionable beyond words, take heart, for the sentiments of early 20th century America are in line with yours; in the words of The Chanute Daily Tribune in 1909: “The jay walker needs attention as well as the jay driver, and is about as big a nuisance.”
The meaning of jaywalker is different than it was when it first began to be used. The word was formed in imitation of a slightly older word, the jay-driver. This initially referred to a driver of horse-drawn carriages or automobiles who refused to abide by the traffic laws in a fairly specific way: they drove on the wrong side of the road.

An article in The Junction City Union(Junction City, Kansas) on June 28th, 1905 begins “Nearly every day someone calls our attention to articles that have been appearing in The Kansas City Star concerning ‘The Jay Driver’”, and then goes on to warn against these miscreants who cannot seem to figure out that they should be driving on the right side of the road.

Hairline decent for 37. Some significant thinning up front though. I wonder how prison treats guys on grand larceny?
I tried a new barber the other day and as you do we conversed during the haircut. I freely admitted to being north of 50, he said he was south of 30. As he was blowing off the detritus of his work and ridding me of the paper bow tie and gown he stopped and complimented me about my full head of beautiful hair and said he was jealous because apparently his natural hat is getting a bit thin. I assured him my hat will most likely be completely grey much faster than I'd like. Was he just trying to pump up my ego as a new customer? Maybe, but he's not the first person that's said that as they cut my hair. My dad was completely grey when he died at 69, although that might've been effected by the chemo and radiation cancer therapies, and his dad had an auburn horseshoe when he died at almost the same age. I've have friends that started losing their hair in high school, I can't fathom that struggle as a young man. I do know that if it turns grey or starts to fall out I'll refuse to try and either hide or change it, Ill just adapt to that reality.

I tried a new barber the other day and as you do we conversed during the haircut. I freely admitted to being north of 50, he said he was south of 30. As he was blowing off the detritus of his work and ridding me of the paper bow tie and gown he stopped and complimented me about my full head of beautiful hair and said he was jealous because apparently his natural hat is getting a bit thin. I assured him my hat will most likely be completely grey much faster than I'd like. Was he just trying to pump up my ego as a new customer? Maybe, but he's not the first person that's said that as they cut my hair. My dad was completely grey when he died at 69, although that might've been effected by the chemo and radiation cancer therapies, and his dad had an auburn horseshoe when he died at almost the same age. I've have friends that started losing their hair in high school, I can't fathom that struggle as a young man. I do know that if it turns grey or starts to fall out I'll refuse to try and either hide or change it, Ill just adapt to that reality.
At two weeks shy of 70 every hair on my head, save about half of my eyebrows, are a distinct grey/white. I used a shampoo for a time that colored it darker but gave it up early-on as a pointless battle with reality.

It's an odd time of life. A look in the mirror doesn't seem so bad; photos sadly reveal a very different picture than the self-image I carry. Hair is silver grey, body is wearing out physically, and I forget more often why I walked from one room to another; still, somehow against all reason, I believe I can do all the things in the same way I could when I was forty or fifty or sixty, right up to the moment I find that I can't.

Growing old ain't for wimps, but it beats the alternative, I think.

At two weeks shy of 70 every hair on my head, save about half of my eyebrows, are a distinct grey/white. I used a shampoo for a time that colored it darker but gave it up early-on as a pointless battle with reality.

It's an odd time of life. A look in the mirror doesn't seem so bad; photos sadly reveal a very different picture than the self-image I carry. Hair is silver grey, body is wearing out physically, and I forget more often why I walked from one room to another; still, somehow against all reason, I believe I can do all the things in the same way I could when I was forty or fifty or sixty, right up to the moment I find that I can't.

Growing old ain't for wimps, but it beats the alternative, I think.
I get it. When I let my whiskers get a bit untamed they're all grey/silver/white or whatever you want to call it. I'm okay with it, whatever it may be. I'm fairly certain my nipples used to be a bit closer to my shoulders, I don't care, I'm not using them.

I've have friends that started losing their hair in high school, I can't fathom that struggle as a young man. I do know that if it turns grey or starts to fall out I'll refuse to try and either hide or change it, Ill just adapt to that reality.

Yeah, it's wild to see the variance in how old people of the same age appear. Starting in high school, when there were kids who looked (at the time) like they were in their 30's. I think I'm about a decade younger than you, so my mane is mostly intact. But when it's been a while since a haircut, the silver/gray becomes apparent on the sides, in the right lighting. I also can't fathom balding, that must really suck if you are young

I received a pretty fun email today from Jeff Coursey pretending to be a lawyer. Even a Cracker Jack Box lawyer would know what defamation is, knowing that HE HIMSELF posted the video on the internet, and not misspell suit in an email lol...
IMG_3041.jpeg

Anyone else following this train wreck of a story?

Additionally, one of them is claiming sheckshual harassment by Travolta.
Notwithstanding the moral turpitude, have ANY of us ever left an 1/8th of penny tip on a $100.00 dinner?? 'Cause that's approximately what we're talking about here.

Math sucks for most folks. THAT is precisely why rich folk rely upon it in courts of "law".

I received a pretty fun email today from Jeff Coursey pretending to be a lawyer. Even a Cracker Jack Box lawyer would know what defamation is, knowing that HE HIMSELF posted the video on the internet, and not misspell suit in an email lol...View attachment 77206

It’s sad that whenever I get the eventual email, I’ll have to walk him through the process of “how” to sue someone.

It’s sad that whenever I get the eventual email, I’ll have to walk him through the process of “how” to sue someone.

Remember the DCA days? The guy (owner?) threatened you, this site, and your place of employment if y’all didn’t stop the DCA hate here.

I received a pretty fun email today from Jeff Coursey pretending to be a lawyer. Even a Cracker Jack Box lawyer would know what defamation is, knowing that HE HIMSELF posted the video on the internet, and not misspell suit in an email lol...View attachment 77206
Have you tried sending a thank you note back? There's a mbg@bizavlaw.com who is an aviation lawyer in Boca Raton. They might be interested in knowing some of their emails are going out with what could be a malformed reply address.

edit: This feels very much like a "don't touch the poop" kind of situation, so don't, I guess.

Have you tried sending a thank you note back? There's a mbg@bizavlaw.com who is an aviation lawyer in Boca Raton. They might be interested in knowing some of their emails are going out with what could be a malformed reply address.

edit: This feels very much like a "don't touch the poop" kind of situation, so don't, I guess.

The real Mark Goldstein was already contacted and confirmed that he has no knowledge of this email being sent. He actually had a good attitude about it. I wish he didn't, I would love to pile more on the Coursey's plate.

Back