Thank you ExpressJet. You set a good example.

Number30FTO

No one is saying they're the perfect airline but if we all put as much
effort into bettering our jobs as they do we'd be in much better shape.

Specifically, I'm referring to their recent effort to retain their pass travel
benefits that no other CAL feeder has. They took away your buddy
passes and vacation passes and you guys aren't taking it laying down.
I'm not saying that starting a jumpseat war with the Continental guys
is a good idea but at least you already got management's attention to the
point that you won't be SA5's like the rest of us. Commendable effort.
Pilots and Flight Attendants alike.
Keep it up and you'll get what you deserve. :clap:
Chautauqua, Colgan, CommutAir & Gulfstream watch and learn while you
fly around SA5 with present date seniority.

Thanks, we're still not pleased with the end result but we're growing all too accustomed to getting kicked in the ass by CAL management.

I think this current setup (CoAir CAL Bennies) will be temporary until they role out the all encompassing UNI-CAL travel benefits this year. We've been able to opt-in to United's system, so far I haven't tried it but it doesn't look too bad.

First of all... There is NO Jumpseat war. That wouldn't benefit anyone.

We were able to get the company to renegotiate though.

Original Pass Bennies:

• Any CAL and CAL Feeder flight: SA3PXX Traveling alone or with family on JA list. XX = Seniority hire date. Family on your JA list traveling without you were SA4PXX.
  • Buddy Passes good for 1 year: Yes, $100 one way Domestic and $200 one way International.
  • Vacation Passes good for 5 years: Yes, 12 Fee-Waived Vacation passes each year plus 4 additional for every child. Travel at SA3VXX which trumps a traditional SA3PXX pass.
  • Fee waived coach travel for employees with 10 years of service.
  • Fee waived first class travel for employees with 25 years of service.
  • List for free, only pay when/if you board.

New Pass Bennies originally proposed by CAL:

• XJT/ASA operated flights only: SA3PXX where XX = Seniority year of hire. Family on JA list flies SA4PXX if not with you.
  • CAL and CAL feeder flights (non-XJT): SA5YY where YY = current year and resets every year. Family on JA list is the same.
  • Buddy Passes good for 1 year: No
  • Vacation Passes good for 5 years: No
  • No fee waived travel for 10 or 25 years of service.
  • Pay to list in advance, then wait for refund if you don't board.

Renegotiated Pass Bennies:

• XJT/ASA flights for CAL: SA3PXX (No Change)
  • CAL and CAL feeder flights: SA4CXX (We gained back 1 pass class and our seniority year of hire back) Family on JA list travels as the same with our without you.
  • Buddy Pass: No
  • Vacation Pass: No
  • Fee waived travel for 10+ years of service: Yes
  • Still pay in advance for listing.

Not bad for no longer "officially" being part of the CAL family. Our union has told us that the issue is still not closed and is currently researching 2 issues.

1. CAL employees & family members can bump XJT employees on our own metal due to CAL keeping SA3XX on us but we are SA4XX on them. We are simply looking for reciprocity. If we are SA4 on them, then they should be SA4 on us... or bump us to SA3 on them.
  2. Vacation Passes have traditionally been a part of our "compensation" package, so the union is looking for a way to regain those privileges or at the very least regain the ones we had banked that were supposed to be good for 5 years.

That's it in a nutshell. Still more work to do, but happy that we got a bit more back.

Bob

I know there's no official jumpseat war but there's been talk about it and it's fun to stir up
controversy. Point is you didn't just bend over and take like we did at Colgan. Yes CAL can
still bump you off your own metal, but hey, your mother can bump me off of mine. Sad.

P.S. I didn't mean to talk about your mother.

So, how did XJT fight back on this? Management? Union? 9E got the total shaft from Delta, and we were pretty much told by all involved that "There's nothing we can do. Just gotta take what Delta gives us." Management says it's Delta doing it. Union guys say there's really not much they can do exept try to work with DALPA to put pressure on management. Why DALPA would do that out of the goodness of thier hearts is beyond me, but it's possible. Either way or pass benefits under Delta are barely a shadow of what we had under NWA. Now Mesaba and Compass have lost theirs, and Comair is the only wholly owned left.

So, how did XJT fight back on this? Management? Union? .

Both. ASA management gave us about a 2 week heads up that we were getting demoted to SA5 (current year) which is below buddy pass rider, plus losing vacation passes (no fees + 1st class) that we had accrued throughout the years. The pilot group responded loudly to anyone that could hear us including XJT ALPA, Management and CAL Alpa. Realistically there is little that we can do except fly Safe.

What is the fee on CO if you have less than 10 years? I just got CO bennies a few days ago and still figuring them out.

What is the fee on CO if you have less than 10 years? I just got CO bennies a few days ago and still figuring them out.

YOU have CAL benefits!? If we work in the United system at XJT, WE don't even have CAL benefits and we fly their airplanes!

EDIT: Just to be clear, you work for Skywest and not United, correct?

YOU have CAL benefits!? If we work in the United system at XJT, WE don't even have CAL benefits and we fly their airplanes!
Skywest is good at that I guess? I got an employeeres login for CO a few days ago.

We also are the only UAX carrier that doesn't pay by segment for mainline flights, we pay $50/year per eligible and fly free in coach and a small service charge for first, plus int'l taxes. I used to bitch a lot about the flight benefits but recently I've been reading about other regionals and we don't have it all that bad...

I wonder why the other UAX carriers can't get these deals, especially with XJT and ASA owned by the same company as us.

Skywest is good at that I guess? I got an employeeres login for CO a few days ago.

We also are the only UAX carrier that doesn't pay by segment for mainline flights, we pay $50/year per eligible and fly free in coach and a small service charge for first, plus int'l taxes. I used to bitch a lot about they flight benefits but recently I've been reading about other regionals and we don't have it all that bad...

I wonder why the other UAX carriers can't get these deals, especially with XJT and ASA owned by the same company as us.

Wow.

One List.

Yeah...until today I thought all the UAX carriers got it...try signing in to Skynet and going to the "Working Togeather" site then see if you can access employee res. I don't see why only we would get it when we don't even do any CO flying. Makes no sense.

We also are the only UAX carrier that doesn't pay by segment for mainline flights, we pay $50/year per eligible and fly free in coach and a small service charge for first, plus int'l taxes. I used to bitch a lot about the flight benefits but recently I've been reading about other regionals and we don't have it all that bad...

I believe that this is the same benefit we get.

$50 per year per eligible passrider up to a max of $200. Segment fees only seem to apply for upgrades and companions (buddy pass).

Bob

Wow. Bennies have really taken a dump since I left S5. They were just starting that fee based crap when I split.

Good luck in getting back the bennies.

Back