IMG_0123.jpg

Dome of the Rock
IMG_0140.jpg

Sculpture
IMG_0256.jpg

Guard in Bethlehem
IMG_0274.jpg

A couple more photos are over on my Flickr Page

Despite these dark times in Aviation its the travel and leisure stuff like that which keep me motivated to keep going! Thx! :nana2:

Europe, I can deal with, been there done that. The Holy Land, now I'm jealous.

More from the Tel Aviv trip:

Ahh, nappy time. Nearly six hours! Zzzzz:
IMG_0451.jpg

Why it took me from 0630 EST until 1930 MST to get home last night:
IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

Nice pics Doug thanks for sharing sir. Here is a pic I took from my balcony of the Holiday Inn back in 1996. Actually went to Tel Aviv quite a bit, including the day Yitzak Rabin(Sp?) got shot. Probably quite a bit different looking now?

Nice pics Doug thanks for sharing sir. Here is a pic I took from my balcony of the Holiday Inn back in 1996. Actually went to Tel Aviv quite a bit, including the day Yitzak Rabin(Sp?) got shot. Probably quite a bit different looking now?

Pretty close:

3327955354_d52f3f7917.jpg

By the way, this picture:

7765d1236052642-tel-aviv-jerusalem-bethlehem-img_0274.jpg

...in Palestinian-controlled Bethlahem (or "Bayt Laḥm") is misleading.

I was with a Palestinian tour guide waiting for a taxi to go back to Israeli-controlled territory and we were both making jokes. Then I asked, "Hey, may I take your picture?" and he said, "Absolutely, but I must make a menacing face for the photo".

Go visit, it's a tragic situation but the regular people, separate and apart from the radicals on either side of the spectrum, are friendly, glad to see you and are trying to make the best out of the situation.

I Then I asked, "Hey, may I take your picture?" and he said, "Absolutely, but I must make a menacing face for the photo".

I wouldn't really call that a "warface." Not particularly menacing either. Looks like he is slightly amused at something or someone. By the way, that looks like maybe a Galil, not an AK. Although the Galil was based on the AK, so I can understand the confusion.

Back