SWA TA Discussion

Is it really good? Haven't had a chance to look through it. Congrats guys! You deserve it
Aside from the pay there are a bunch of other improvements the biggest for me is the replacement of our Byzantine disability system with something that is light years better. Also no more rig absorbing reroutes and a bunch of other QOL improvements.

Pay is pretty much DL/UA 757 for FOs and 737-900+1% for captains. NEC (B fund) goes to 17/18% and 1/2% MBCBP+spill cash from the NEC, subject to IRS approval. Absent that the NEC goes to 20%.

Aside from the pay there are a bunch of other improvements the biggest for me is the replacement of our Byzantine disability system with something that is light years better. Also no more rig absorbing reroutes and a bunch of other QOL improvements.

Pay is pretty much DL/UA 757 for FOs and 737-900+1% for captains. NEC (B fund) goes to 17/18% and 1/2% MBCBP+spill cash from the NEC, subject to IRS approval. Absent that the NEC goes to 20%.

Nice, sounds like great improvements. One of the things I hope we address in our (my shop's) next contract and/or JCBA, is the LTD coverage.

Hiring is slowing way down this year but there's still time to get in. 12 crew bases (or 11 plus one squadron...)

Junior base is still BWI

Others include
OAK, LAX, LAS, PHX, DEN, MDW, DAL, HOU, BNA, BWI, ATL and MCO

One more supposed to be announced later this year. No idea what it will be yet, rumors favor either MCI, TPA, or STL though.
Any reason for the hiring slowdown? Or are they just assuming attrition will slow down?

I can’t even resist it when I smell it, and I know it can’t be good.
I almost always only have it westbound (I try to work relief eastbound, and it's about 30 yes, 60 no) on whether I want a caffeine hit after first break oddly enough), and it's pretty good on this airplane.

I almost always only have it westbound (I try to work relief eastbound, and it's about 30 yes, 60 no) on whether I want a caffeine hit after first break oddly enough), and it's pretty good on this airplane.

Anytime I'm westbound, I'm normally going home. Which involves about 3 hrs of running through the airport, getting to my car, and driving home. Even late at night, I'm having one before TOD. It'll hit me right around the time I need to be driving through a (hopefully) vacant Seattle and north.

@ZapBrannigan
@trafficinsight

How are you guys allowed to land in BUR in +RA?

I haven’t flown the -700 in there but have taken an A320, -800, -900 into BUR runway 8. Our company policy says heavy rain +RA is a condition code 2. And we can’t improve that code based on another 737 report for a better braking action. Apparently, we had a close call in (I think) Barrow/Utqiaġvik where our company jet decided to land after another (NAC?) 737 landed and they went with the preceding similar size aircraft braking report to land. They *barely* made it. Almost an overrun. So now company says, you can’t use similar size airplanes to improve BA code.

Our recurrent training for Q1 has landing performance as a module, and the SWA incident at BUR (the second / latest one) was covered.

Saw this today…

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9934.png

I assume you guys can take a -700 in heavy rain into BUR?

That’s gonna be hard no from me, but again, different airline, different 737 variants.

Thoughts? Just curious.

@ZapBrannigan
@trafficinsight

How are you guys allowed to land in BUR in +RA?

I haven’t flown the -700 in there but have taken an A320, -800, -900 into BUR runway 8. Our company policy says heavy rain +RA is a condition code 2. And we can’t improve that code based on another 737 report for a better braking action. Apparently, we had a close call in (I think) Barrow/Utqiaġvik where our company jet decided to land after another (NAC?) 737 landed and they went with the preceding similar size aircraft braking report to land. They *barely* made it. Almost an overrun. So now company says, you can’t use similar size airplanes to improve BA code.

Our recurrent training for Q1 has landing performance as a module, and the SWA incident at BUR (the second / latest one) was covered.

Saw this today…

View attachment 76303

View attachment 76304

I assume you guys can take a -700 in heavy rain into BUR?

That’s gonna be hard no from me, but again, different airline, different 737 variants.

Thoughts? Just curious.

Maybe they asked the tower and the rain had stopped.

The airline ran two airplanes off the end at that airport. Heavy rain means runway condition code 2. I'd be surprised if the numbers worked for that. I'd be pretty hesitant to begin the approach under those conditions.

Even shortly after, until they've had an opportunity to do a friction test, and some of that water to drain away, I'd want to wait a bit. Don't feel like hydroplaning into the terminal.

On a related topic... why did Boeing get rid of the rain repellent that the classics had?! The NG/Max windshield wipers are not fantastic. Need some RainX wiper fluid or something..

On a related topic... why did Boeing get rid of the rain repellent that the classics had?! The NG/Max windshield wipers are not fantastic. Need some RainX wiper fluid or something..
The Bus had rain repellant and it did not work very well

Went into BUR twice today. Rain was off and on. We didn’t land in heavy rain. Breaking action was good both times.
And just for the hell of it I re-ran the numbers for my weights today with the above METAR and got positive stopping margin for R8 at RCC 2. Not much margin, but still positive. That said, +RA and BUR doesn’t interest me.

Just break out the lemon pledge. I used to use it on the windscreen of the 207 to make the rain run off.

Back