SWA Plane Returns To LAX After Man Chokes Woman

Just curious here.............but what sort of statements or reports, would lead you to believe that under ANY circumstances that it's okay for a man to be choking a woman or that a woman deserves to be choked by some man?
This is a troll question but, what the heck, I'll play your silly game.
This is an answer for you and all your strap-hangers:
Picture1.png

This is a troll question but, what the heck, I'll play your silly game.
This is an answer for you and all your strap-hangers:
View attachment 33168
If that's something you are into, okay, but really not interested in your personal peccadillos

Nothing trolling whatsoever about my inquiry. Weak deflection on your part, however and you still are not addressing your original comment:

Based solely on reports and witness statements, I'm not stating that the woman SHOULD have been choked, but I'm not stating she didn't deserve it either!

Why do you believe that the female pax may have deserved to be choked? What circumstances would have justified such a reaction?

Last edited:
If that's something you are into, okay, but really not interested in your personal peccadillos

Nothing trolling whatsoever about my inquiry. Weak deflection on your part, however and you still are not addressing your original comment:

Why do you believe that the female pax may have deserved to be choked? What circumstances would have justified such an reaction?
Oh man you are sooo funny!
It was absolutely a troll question. Were it not, you would have highlighted this:

.......... I'm not stating that the woman SHOULD have been choked, but I'm not stating she didn't deserve it either!

You pick a few words and try to spark a debate, that's trolling! 'Nuff..... :ooh:

Look, I can understand why you are embarrassed by your statement, but there's no workaround to what you wrote. I highlighed the part of your statement that is so disturbing. If you can't defend/justify what you said, then why did you say it? I am not looking for any debate.

When you say this: "but I'm not stating she didn't deserve it either!" How do you think people are going to react? Do you think that any decent person is going to agree with the idea that she may have deserved to be choked? I don't find anything about your statement "funny" either.

Last edited:
A lot of these in-flight problems could be handled much better if the FAs would get involved to quell the situation(s). There seems to be an abundance of apathy amongst the FAs of late. Maybe the political correctness of our society or a message from Corporate that they have to make everyone happy no matter what the circumstance. Not sure what it is but it's not working!

If the FAs won't (or can't) get involved, then it should come as no surprise that the passengers will try to handle it themselves. Based solely on reports and witness statements, I'm not stating that the woman SHOULD have been choked, but I'm not stating she didn't deserve it either!

I do hate that the news is reporting, "It's not clear if any charges will be filed."
That's crap: if you cause a flight to divert for something like this, there should be charges and you should have to pay the cost(s) incurred.

The problem is the managements at respective companies lack a backbone to stand by their inflight or flight ops crews when these tough decisions are made. More importantly, recently seen in person, some PICs are fearful of having to stand by their executive decision(s) so they decide to take the low road and do nothing.

The problem is the managements at respective companies lack a backbone to stand by their inflight or flight ops crews when these tough decisions are made. More importantly, recently seen in person, some PICs are fearful of having to stand by their executive decision(s) so they decide to take the low road and do nothing.

That's it.

And it's being made worse by social media because everyone is deathly afraid of "camera phone footage from this American flight"… type news stories.

I'll brief that if they don't feel comfortable with a passengers comportment, we will take care of it immediately and not let a situation roll on for hours on end.

If I get in trouble for having my flight attendants backs when they genuinely feel threatened or intimidated, well, I guess we'll talk about that during the hearing.

That's it.

And it's being made worse by social media because everyone is deathly afraid of "camera phone footage from this American flight"… type news stories.

I'll brief that if they don't feel comfortable with a passengers comportment, we will take care of it immediately and not let a situation roll on for hours on end.

If I get in trouble for having my flight attendants backs when they genuinely feel threatened or intimidated, well, I guess we'll talk about that during the hearing.

Yup. And you're well aware enough to know that the following conditions may make certain PICs choose to do something entirely different:

1) Trying to keep a clean record to move on.
2) Working for cowardly management who are not willing to defend their crewmembers in front of "Mainline" managers.
3) Both 1 and 2.
4) Lack of leadership skills to know how to effectively de-escalate conflicts.
5) Lack of leadership skills to know how to appropriately manage conflicts in interpersonal relationships.

It's a silly circus that exists down here man. #RealTalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

If it ever gets to that, then time to toss the wings in at that company, as the job/company isn't worth it if you're held to the responsibility, but not given the tools and/or backed-up judgement, to be an effective Captain.

If it ever gets to that, then time to toss the wings in at that company, as the job/company isn't worth it if you're held to the responsibility, but not given the tools and/or backed-up judgement, to be an effective Captain.

While not specifically similar to the situation referenced here...but look at the treatment of Allegiant pilots lately for making Command Decisions (Yes, capital letters for emphasis).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels up, seat back, to bad, if the person behind me is of average size. If they are tall, then I'll leave it up.

What's funny, is the way a similar thread went in recent past, when the little device came about to prevent people from being able to recline. If memory serves correct, it was quite a bit different.

I'm 6'00" and some seats come to my knees when reclined. I've been dinged by the metal parts of the tray table a few times when people come back abruptly and it does not feel good!

6'00"? Is that different than 6'-0"?

article-2307771-193D5316000005DC-521_634x461.jpg

"We are an effective team"

Truth.

I've removed one passenger as captain and part of the decision tree that lead to a removal about five times during my tenure here.

But I guess what we have going here is a healthy trust of pilot decision making and a legal team that doesn't have a problem with sending a non-compliant passenger a subpoena to appear in court in order to recover financial damages during diversions.

Back