Small milestone passed tonight...

PaulRix

Not a checkride or anything too exciting, but tonight I passed 2000 hrs total time, and someone in the Pittsburgh area is receiving a kidney. Now sat at home with my feet up and a glass of Port in my hand :).

Not a checkride or anything too exciting, but tonight I passed 2000 hrs total time, and someone in the Pittsburgh area is receiving a kidney. Now sat at home with my feet up and a glass of Port in my hand :).

Congrats! What part of OH are you in?

Mooneyguy, thanks :). The kidney makes passing the 2000 hr mark rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I get a lot of satisfaction from flying the organ procurement trips.

Congrats!! Do you fly for an air ambulance company?

Thanks :). I work for a Pt135 operation. We fly regular business charter, organ procurement and some air ambulance. I like each 'type' of flying but from a personal point of view, I get the most satisfaction from the medical flights.

I was at ZZV for a fly in last summer...Wings and Wheels I think? Nice little airport

Glad you liked it at ZZV. I wasn't there for the fly in last Summer, but I heard that it went well. If you are up this way again and hear a guy with a British accent it is almost certainly me.

Mooneyguy, thanks :). The kidney makes passing the 2000 hr mark rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I get a lot of satisfaction from flying the organ procurement trips.

Crazy I was just at ZZV last week knocking out my two 100 nm x-c trips for the commercial, neat airport.

:)I've got to admit I was lost about the 2000 tt and the kidney remark. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Congratulations.

Thats good news all around, Those medical flights would be a great flying gig, you get to experience the thrill of flying while also helping someone who needs organs or any medical care by flying to their destination. Best of both worlds! I'm only at around 1,150 hours now and I was excited for passing the 3 digits! can't wait until I hit another thousand!

Back