Scrolled down to the KC PEPC Thread and it was closed, so...

GSO_Bound

Is anyone from the PUBNAT2 November PEPC in Kansas City still waiting on their FOL? I had to retake a drug test 4 weeks ago because they had waited until May to put the results of my security clearance in ASAP and they STILL don't have the results of the second drug screen at OKC! Has this problem affected anyone else? I'm literally about to do something drastic, like call my congressperson, because I feel like this process is ridiculous. Every time someone has given me a timeframe for something to happen it's taken double the maximum estimate (i.e. 4-6 weeks turns into 12+ weeks.) and my HR person can attest that it's not because I haven't called and kept abreast of the situation. I know I only have a few posts so most of the jetcareers.com lifers are gonna dismiss this, but someone out there might have an insight or might be experiencing the same thing.

Re: Scrolled down to the KC PEPC Thread and it was closed, s

Which facility are you headed to? Were you told that they had met their hiring goals for FY09?

Is anyone from the PUBNAT2 November PEPC in Kansas City still waiting on their FOL? I had to retake a drug test 4 weeks ago because they had waited until May to put the results of my security clearance in ASAP and they STILL don't have the results of the second drug screen at OKC! Has this problem affected anyone else? I'm literally about to do something drastic, like call my congressperson, because I feel like this process is ridiculous. Every time someone has given me a timeframe for something to happen it's taken double the maximum estimate (i.e. 4-6 weeks turns into 12+ weeks.) and my HR person can attest that it's not because I haven't called and kept abreast of the situation. I know I only have a few posts so most of the jetcareers.com lifers are gonna dismiss this, but someone out there might have an insight or might be experiencing the same thing.

Hey! I'm one of those from KC in NOV that has yet to get a class date/FOL. I think there are still a few of us out there. I retook the drug test and everything went through and I have been unable to contact HR since the beginning of this process. I have stopped trying for the time being, I figure if they need me they'll call! My rep doesn't answer phones and doesn't respond to e-mails. Any other rep I've been able to catch on the phone or e-mail is gone from the HR department. Don't worry, I'm sure something will happen, I'm just sick of trying to get any kind of update with no response....

Wow... the PEPC seems like ages ago. Sorry to hear that guys, sincerely.

The HR reps won't even give you a "guesstimate" answer?

Wow... the PEPC seems like ages ago. Sorry to hear that guys, sincerely.

The HR reps won't even give you a "guesstimate" answer?

My last guesstimate was for June! Haven't actually talked to or gotten an email from someone since April!

Well, there are a few PUBNAT1 guys in my en route class that started basics on May 18th. I'm not saying it excuses some of the delays that you guys have encountered, but it seems to be a fact of life for some as far as getting this job is concerned.

PUBNAT 2 here still waiting. I got redirected to Cape Approach (without even asking me!). Hopefully that will get me to the academy.

Yeah, I'm another Pubnat2/KC PEPC still waiting for an FOL. I haven't heard from HR since April but I got the dreaded "your facility has met their hiring goals for FY09..." response so I'm not surprised. Just trying to wait out these next few months til Oct 1.

WOW!!! I could see it being even longer for you guys. With the mention of fast tracking AK, HI and LA applicants due to an congressional order at the recent Chicago PEPCI. I was just notified I was selected on June 2nd and that would be crazy to start the academy before you guys. Anyways, Good Luck!

Yeah, I'm another Pubnat2/KC PEPC still waiting for an FOL. I haven't heard from HR since April but I got the dreaded "your facility has met their hiring goals for FY09..." response so I'm not surprised. Just trying to wait out these next few months til Oct 1.
Maybe it's because you keep applying to the other PUBNATs after you got your TOL?

Well, spoke to soon! Received verbal confirmation yesterday for 8/6 class date! Things are starting to move a little bit it seems! 5 weeks to go...

jiggly, how long did it take for the FAA to get the results of your drug screen? I took a drug test more than FOUR weeks ago (my second, keep in mind...) and no one seems to have the results. By the way, I think you might have the same rep I do (doesn't answer the phone, doesn't respond to e-mail, etc...)

jiggly, how long did it take for the FAA to get the results of your drug screen? I took a drug test more than FOUR weeks ago (my second, keep in mind...) and no one seems to have the results. By the way, I think you might have the same rep I do (doesn't answer the phone, doesn't respond to e-mail, etc...)

It only took about 10 days or so to get the results. I tried calling the flight surgeon and HR about 10 days later and the HR lady I got in touch with told me that they had all the clearances in and would contact me with a class date when they had one. I live in a different region than I was hired into so I though that would delay it but it didn't! It does sound like we do have the same rep! She was always working on it but was very hush about it! It's kind of annoying but it is true that they do get bombarded with questions and things, so I guess it's alright. I was never told to wait until FY2010 so I knew they had to be doing something with it! Anyway, good luck with the process...

Call the regional flight surgeon's office in Atlanta, that is where your results will be sent. I have never worked anywhere before where they didn't have results from a drug test in 48-72 hours (or less!) so I'm sure your results are probably languishing on someone's desk.

I got my FOL in my e-mail today. Headed to OKC August 18th!

Back