Regional Pilots, Poverty Wages or No?

Lol, to be honest, my world is so far divorced from what I read on here, that when I try to put it into the prism through which I view things sometimes everything seems laughable, then other things seem familiar. My input, in all fairness, is probably not valid on many many issues relating to airline pilots, 121 issues, military flying, and other, and tends toward the theoretical. That being said, what I have read on here has dramatically altered my career goals in many ways, and has definitely been a good service. Until I can't help it any more, get fired, or bored, I won't be headed to the big sky ships.

I kinda get a kick out of the type of flying I do.

Wow Pat, that could have just as well been said by me too. We're different. HaHa!

I kinda think that was a compliment! :)
Don't get me started on Ag pilots.
Low flying, money making, toxic spraying, ozone depleting, blue collar, hard working, tree and power line dodging, GPS using, toilet paper dropping, stick and ruddering... and helping out farmers across the nation, putting food on my table at low prices.:clap:

I don't know how you sleep at night sir.:p

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtEVy_zjr9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtEVy_zjr9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Now don't everyone get in line.

Lol, to be honest, my world is so far divorced from what I read on here, that when I try to put it into the prism through which I view things sometimes everything seems laughable, then other things seem familiar. My input, in all fairness, is probably not valid on many many issues relating to airline pilots, 121 issues, military flying, and other, and tends toward the theoretical. That being said, what I have read on here has dramatically altered my career goals in many ways, and has definitely been a good service. Until I can't help it any more, get fired, or bored, I won't be headed to the big sky ships.

I kinda get a kick out of the type of flying I do.

t-cart said:
Wow Pat, that could have just as well been said by me too.
Yeah but we all enjoy you two's perspective.

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to bush or ag flying someday, but I'm definately weighing my options to becoming something more GA involved like ZAPBRANNIGAN.

Don't get me started on Ag pilots.
Low flying, money making, toxic spraying, ozone depleting, blue collar, hard working, tree and power line dodging, GPS using, toilet paper dropping, stick and ruddering... and helping out farmers across the nation, putting food on my table at low prices.:clap:

I don't know how you sleep at night sir.:p

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtEVy_zjr9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtEVy_zjr9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Now don't everyone get in line.

Jynxy, I hope we get a M&G going in Memphis one of these days. Be a pleasure to meet you Memphians.

Jynxy, I hope we get a M&G going in Memphis one of these days. Be a pleasure to meet you Memphians.
Hey, to any JC member in MEM area... even Steve you creature cuddler, there is always cold beer in the fridge.

DSC06373.jpg

Proof!

I'm a little low on the beer right now, but there is always a little Mill Lite in there. Bud light is for the GF, please don't touch. If there's steaks in the fridge there is always a BBQ possible. Salsa and chips optional.

That's what I call networking!

Anyone have a hot tub a webmaster can relax in somewhere near Rockville Center? :)

I'm definitely gonna have to get down there one of these days and meet up with some of these varied miscreants.

Doesn't matter what I say, typically,he disagrees, it can be frustrating, but it doesn't matter, he's entitled to his opinion. As for what that means for the forum, the discord for no reason other than the discord can get somewhat frustrating.

Pat,

It's not that I disagree, but it's that you're so vague in your half-sentence statements that I don't know whether you're attacking a specific pilot or if you're trying to provide some amount of quantative input to a thread.

That's all. A little bit more information would go a long way.

Re: Amerijet On Strike!

I'm glad he's here. Sounds like someone that knows what he's talking about. We could use more of that around here.

I agree with you in this thread, but comments like this make it sound like "he agrees with me, so he should stick around. Everybody else doesn't know a damn thing."

I agree with you in this thread, but comments like this make it sound like "he agrees with me, so he should stick around. Everybody else doesn't know a damn thing."

I was simply referring to the unbelievable lack of experienced air line pilots around here. We need more of them, regardless of whether they agree with me or not.

Divine... why don't you go back to the Eagle Lounge ?????

He was specifically invited to be here.. by a JC member.

Me.

He's been there and back many a time, and had a good deal of informative things to say about it.

A PenAir 3 person family pilot could be above the poverty level though if they flew more than 73.4 flight hours per month.
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone mentioned this but at PenAir you could pretty much bank on 1K per year and if you really wanted to work we had guys timing out @ 1,400. Some Captains did this on a regular basis.

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone mentioned this but at PenAir you could pretty much bank on 1K per year and if you really wanted to work we had guys timing out @ 1,400. Some Captains did this on a regular basis.

Thanks, note d explained how I arrived at the PenAir figure.

d. $1100 per month with $11 an hour per flight hour. Assumed 50 hours of flight pay per month for 550 per month, and 6600 per year on top of the base 13200 annual salary.

And that's only at 50 hours a month, so 600 annually.

If guys are flying 1000 a year, then they're going to be well above the federally recognized AK poverty level.

Might want to send a message to the guys over at APC, to update their PenAir stuff with an average annual flight hour of 1,000.

Back