Regional Pilots, Poverty Wages or No?

Another brilliant statement by Trip7, management apologist and management hopeful.

Coming to an assistant chief pilot's position near you soon.

Watch for your VERY OWN knife in your BACK!

Oh I'm so VERY afraid!

You guys and your cliches. Maybe you should start a cult like the one in Yes Man! You might make some good money.

Here we have it folks, a prime example of everything that is wrong with our industry. Unreal.

Ameri-whatever? Very classy Marcus.

Prime example? Prime example of what? Looking at things positively. Accepting that their are somethings I can't control and making the best of the things I can control? Yes, then I'm a PRIME EXAMPLE of that! I like it when people say to me, I like the way you look at things. I accepted the job just like all of you did. I go to work, have fun, and go home. Give me a wife, 3 kids, and a 100k loan. I will take the things I can control in that situation and make the best of it and still have "Plenty Money"

What ever I think is just my opinion. Its not going to affect anything that happens now or in the future. You act like I'm in some management or union position. I said Ameri-whatever because I forgot their name and didn't feel like scrolling up to find the post

Prime example? Prime example of what? Looking at things positively. Accepting that their are somethings I can't control and making the best of the things I can control? Yes, then I'm a PRIME EXAMPLE of that! I like it when people say to me, I like the way you look at things. I accepted the job just like all of you did. I go to work, have fun, and go home. Give me a wife, 3 kids, and a 100k loan. I will take the things I can control in that situation and make the best of it and still have "Plenty Money"

What ever I think is just my opinion. Its not going to affect anything that happens now or in the future. You act like I'm in some management or union position. I said Ameri-whatever because I forgot their name and didn't feel like scrolling up to find the post

[To steer this back on a reasonable track and cease the name jabbing]

The bolded part, as it applies to how you manage your finances and what you have to deal with in life, is fine and seems to work for you. The thing is, what works for you may or may not work for someone else. All vairables have to be considered in that equation, kids, house, etc. Have some people over-extended themselves? Sure they have. But that's their situation they're in and have to deal with, that's their world. Saying "just simply do this" may or may not mean anything to them or be useful for their situation. It's differing perspectives, and in this argument, the number of directions that perspective can come from is practically infinite.

The fact that you need to work overtime and have a second job to make decent money should tell you something about commuter FO pay scales.

The fact that you need to work overtime and have a second job to make decent money should tell you something about commuter FO pay scales.
It tells Trip we should all be paid less. He can make it getting a second job so we should, in all fairness, be making even less. You can supplement your income.

As a guy who worked two to three jobs after college for 3 years, I found that I wasn't 100% at either job. Of course in these new RJ's, airplane flys you!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G7sXnwIyuI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G7sXnwIyuI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

This is true, however, TT definitely helps your understanding of the world around you, increases your situational awareness, and gives you wider scope.

Of course. . .

What about the individual who's worked in an air crew environment in his previous career, now having made a career change, is flying for a living. So now we're only going to gauge their professionalism on their TT that they've been flying? Ignoring the other professional qualities they hold? ;)

That's what I'm getting at. One single element makes not a professional.

Of course. . .

What about the individual who's worked in an air crew environment in his previous career, now having made a career change, is flying for a living. So now we're only going to gauge their professionalism on their TT that they've been flying? Ignoring the other professional qualities they hold? ;)

That's what I'm getting at. One single element makes not a professional.

The sky is blue.

NOW I have a better idea from the conversation that I had with a user in the pilot lounge about why he doesn't post so much.

Man o man. Unreal.

Hug it out.

Doesn't matter what I say, typically,he disagrees, it can be frustrating, but it doesn't matter, he's entitled to his opinion. As for what that means for the forum, the discord for no reason other than the discord can get somewhat frustrating.

Doesn't matter what I say, typically,he disagrees, it can be frustrating, but it doesn't matter, he's entitled to his opinion. As for what that means for the forum, the discord for no reason other than the discord can get somewhat frustrating.
Eh, doesn't hurt to go PM'ing. Surreal I find to be very grounded in reality. He, however, shares a lot of my experiences ie, airline world. This is a complicated enough field (aviation) that many points of view are correct. Anyhow long story short, i expect nothing less from you than complete and total, unabashed, trite and reckless, bush piloting.

That is all.

Long live pat!:beer: And surreal!:beer:

Eh, doesn't hurt to go PM'ing. Surreal I find to be very grounded in reality. He, however, shares a lot of my experiences ie, airline world. This is a complicated enough field (aviation) that many points of view are correct. Anyhow long story short, i expect nothing less from you than complete and total, unabashed, trite and reckless, bush piloting.

That is all.

Long live pat!:beer: And surreal!:beer:

Should I be offended by that? ;)

I can't believe this thing went for six pages! I got on here to write a PM, ended up reading this monstrosity, and I couldn't decide whether to laugh, cry or hit my head against my desk. And some body needs $140 a week for groceries for two. What are we eating, kobe beef steak every night? The wife and I can do groceries for one third of that and less!

Marcus you had better be doing at least the company match or better for your retirement with the game you are talking. Better yet, instead of renting, with the real-estate market being what it is you should find a nice area where you want to live and purchase a home.

Whose scruffy looking?

Lol, to be honest, my world is so far divorced from what I read on here, that when I try to put it into the prism through which I view things sometimes everything seems laughable, then other things seem familiar. My input, in all fairness, is probably not valid on many many issues relating to airline pilots, 121 issues, military flying, and other, and tends toward the theoretical. That being said, what I have read on here has dramatically altered my career goals in many ways, and has definitely been a good service. Until I can't help it any more, get fired, or bored, I won't be headed to the big sky ships.

I kinda get a kick out of the type of flying I do.

Back