Questions for current students

yankee_one

Saw this posted on many of the other schools.. figure we'd all like to hear what sierra is up to as well.

1. Do they offer living disbursements?

2. What is the maximum living disbursment you can receive?

3. Did you loan get paid directly to the school or did the school hand the money over to you to pay as you go?

4. How often do your flights get cancelled for weather?

5. How often do your flights get cancelled for maintence?

6. How often to do get cancelled for lack of a plane being available? (scheduling issues, etc)

7. What is the current wait-list for CFI's at your school?

8. If known what do CFI's get paid at your school?

9. What is the instructor to student ratio?

10. How far in advance are you scheduled to fly?

11. Do you have any say in scheduling?

12. Are you happy with the school your attended?

13. Did you tour the school prior to attending, and if so, did they allow you to talk to other students or ecourage you to do so?

14. Is there anything you would change? (Be honest.. I know we all feel some pride for the schools we attend but there is always something what we would like to see changed or improved).

[ QUOTE ]
1. Do they offer living disbursements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
2. What is the maximum living disbursment you can receive?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1200 is the max recommended amount.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Did you loan get paid directly to the school or did the school hand the money over to you to pay as you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Schools disburses the money.

[ QUOTE ]
4. How often do your flights get cancelled for weather?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on if your a private student or not.

[ QUOTE ]
5. How often do your flights get cancelled for maintence?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only been cancelled 2 times since I started, but lately its been hard to find a plane that actually works and ended up getting cancelled like 3 days in a row.

[ QUOTE ]
6. How often to do get cancelled for lack of a plane being available? (scheduling issues, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

See Above.

[ QUOTE ]
7. What is the current wait-list for CFI's at your school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I heard it was 2-3 months.

[ QUOTE ]
8. If known what do CFI's get paid at your school?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its 15, but dont quote me on that...

[ QUOTE ]
9. What is the instructor to student ratio?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/4

[ QUOTE ]
10. How far in advance are you scheduled to fly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on instructor, but usally its 24-48 hrs.

[ QUOTE ]
11. Do you have any say in scheduling?

[/ QUOTE ]

To some degree, but usally its when the instructor has a slot for you.

[ QUOTE ]
12. Are you happy with the school your attended?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part yes, I am happy.. but their are some things I would like to see improved.

[ QUOTE ]
13. Did you tour the school prior to attending, and if so, did they allow you to talk to other students or ecourage you to do so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and no one suggested or encouraged me to talk to students so I never did, but I wasnt really worried as I knew of them before I went there.

[ QUOTE ]
14. Is there anything you would change? (Be honest.. I know we all feel some pride for the schools we attend but there is always something what we would like to see changed or improved).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see electronic scheduling (web based), I would like to see some advance IFR classes and a FMS, airline transition course and Level D simulator for advance airline training. They also need to get more planes so maintence isnt a issue with scheduling.

Ryan

Back