Places to Stay in OKC

That would be great to get something like that. Would you PM the information to me so that I can contact the guy?

Hi. I would stay away from Meridian Mansions if I were you. I just returned from staying there for three months and it is a pit. The ground are ok. Only two of the washers in the laundry room work. Takes you all day to do laundry. Also, there is a major bug problem in the apartments. Sure they are huge, but dirty. You won't get hot water anytime in the morning. Also, had a leak from upstairs in my bathroom and they just fixed the upstairs and my ceiling slowly molded over the three months I was there...UGH.:mad:

Hi. I would stay away from Meridian Mansions if I were you. I just returned from staying there for three months and it is a pit. The ground are ok. Only two of the washers in the laundry room work. Takes you all day to do laundry. Also, there is a major bug problem in the apartments. Sure they are huge, but dirty. You won't get hot water anytime in the morning. Also, had a leak from upstairs in my bathroom and they just fixed the upstairs and my ceiling slowly molded over the three months I was there...UGH.:mad:
Have you heard anything about Citadel Suites?

i am at citadel right now, and its not too bad. the place is like 20yrs old like all the others, but it works for 2 months. only $40 a day so you still get another $40 from the perdiem. they also have free breakfast mon-fri in the morning and friendly staff.

Great information! Thanks! Did you hear stories about or know anything about any of those places? It is sounding more and more like you are better off not going FAA recommended places and still getting your per diem.

it seems you would save money by not staying at FAA recommended housing-- tell me if i'm wrong but-- $39/day vs. an apartment for say, $500/month which breaks down to $17/day. I'm pretty sure there's places that will work with you on lease contracts

it seems you would save money by not staying at FAA recommended housing-- tell me if i'm wrong but-- $39/day vs. an apartment for say, $500/month which breaks down to $17/day. I'm pretty sure there's places that will work with you on lease contracts

Don't forget you have to add electric / cable / internet / water and all that and maybe some deposits if you don't have good credit for your utility set up, then renting furniture (or moving your furniture) and then to top it off, you have to clean it yourself. Who cleans their houses themselves anyways? Ya know.

Most of the FAA housing I've been looking at includes all these utilities, furniture, linens, appliances and weekly cleaning!

true-- i'll do some more searching, i felt i was jumping the gun but it can't hurt to look... HA my wife gets mad, she's not coming with me so i'll be out of her sight for 3 or 4 months

The comfort of having all of those things taken care of regularly, and before you arrive makes it pretty easy.

When I go, I would prefer to just bring clothes and a computer (I'll buy new toothpaste TSA) and only have to worry about studying and cashing the check.

On another note, how are the reviews of Walnut Gardens? Good? Crappy? Bad part of town? Wandering cougars? (not the cats:cwm27:) Bugs?

The comfort of having all of those things taken care of regularly, and before you arrive makes it pretty easy.

When I go, I would prefer to just bring clothes and a computer (I'll buy new toothpaste TSA) and only have to worry about studying and cashing the check.

On another note, how are the reviews of Walnut Gardens? Good? Crappy? Bad part of town? Wandering cougars? (not the cats:cwm27:) Bugs?

exactly... i'd rather just worry about studying than all the extras

Justin 538 - I had wondered the same thing about Walnut Gardens. They seem to be reasonable and from the pictures the furniture looks dated but who cares? As long as it is clean and maintained, you can live with bad furniture for 3 months. You can even spend $30 and get a memory foam mattress to get a better mattress.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the apartment, I just don't want to be mugged.

Unless of course it's by a 35-45 year old hottie who just wants to feel young again. :)

I make her fill out an SF-85, I check her references, and then I proceed to make her feel almost young again.

Let's not hold out collective breath, I'm probably going to get mugged by an old fat man with a santa claus beard and his illegal immigrant sidekick he lovingly refers to as "poncho this-or-that".

I'm not trying to be hateful, I'd just prefer the cougars.

I make her fill out an SF-85, I check her references, and then I proceed to make her feel almost young again.

Let's not hold out collective breath, I'm probably going to get mugged by an old fat man with a santa claus beard and his illegal immigrant sidekick he lovingly refers to as "poncho this-or-that".

I'm not trying to be hateful, I'd just prefer the cougars.

:rotfl:WOW :rotfl:

I finally took the liberty to call student services to get a firm answer about housing. ATC's get a fixed rate of $79.20/day rather or not you spend $10/day or $90/day.

You do not have to stay in corporate housing to receive ther full per diem. The only stipulation is that you can not stay with a family member or a friend.

Items that must be on the voucher to receive full per diem:
your name
address and phone number of property that you are staying at
address and phone number of person whom you are renting from
the amount paid and how (ie. credit card, money order, cashiers check)
also need a receipt....(receipt book from Office Depot will suffice)

Back