Pinnacle Status?

Be nice if they'd at least tell us P2P guys what kind of progress was made, even if it didn't make it into writing. Even a "Well, we were THIS far apart on X issue, now we're only THIS far apart" would go a long way. Don't need to tell the whole pilot group, just get it out in the channels. That's what us guys sporting the red lanyards are for. I feel bad for ZC and PH. Every time I see 'em, I feel like I'm ambushing them. :)

The p2p guys do get info- if you call in to the confrence calls. The monthly "briefings" have been very good.

The p2p guys do get info- if you call in to the confrence calls. The monthly "briefings" have been very good.

Actually, I have been. I'm normally on mute b/c the time they have them I'm getting a screaming 4 year old to go to bed that REALLY doesn't want to go.

The info I've heard the past few times on negotiations was "Well, PBS is mostly settled, but nothing in writing yet" and "we're negotiating on X date." The biggest thing we've had lately was the displacement, the sim instructor debacle and the 401K debacle. BTW Ken, good job on getting the info on all that 401K structure stuff. Glad to see you on the R&I committee.

I heard from a 9E captain that after the negotiations they might not displace 30 captains, as the summer schedule is same as it was last year. Anyone else heard this?

There are lots of things "heard"..... No TA as of this afternoon is fact. The rest is a "wait and discover" event.

Not trying to start a rumor page here, so what have you heard/what do you think is gonna come out of this?

I am remaining quiet until the MEC releases a statement in a day or 2. It's not my place at the moment, and I DO NOT know all that went back and forth. I just got the cliff notes from one of our pilot negotiators. I am not going to take the wind out of any "official" emails. There are no "secrets" but I got hung out to dry last time I put info on a public forum before the union was able to issue the official stuff. I am sure the payday hotline will have just as much, if not more than I have- although I got to hear it WITH expressions:p. I will fill in blanks if I KNOW something that wasn't mentioned or needs explaination.

Well, SE sent out an e-mail, so I guess you're not hung out to dry this time. :)

Looks like there was some movement on PBS and scope, but not enough to put pen to paper. But movement is good. They are talking about future dates to meet, so also a good thing. At least there wasn't paper chunking and door slamming.

As for the displacements, the LOAs are in ADDITION to the displacements. One of the displaced CAs e-mailed management, and that was their response.

Now, here's what I don't get. We had CAs getting denied drop/swaps due to staffing in Dec and Jan.....now we're offering LOAs. Um, if we can afford to let CAs take unpaid leave, wouldn't it stand to reason that we could have let some guys drop or swap some trips??!?

I totalled up my stuff for Jan, and I'm falling 10 hours short of guarantee in Jan. With the displacements and LOAs, I might as well say goodbye to my wife and kid for a while.....

Is Pinnacle still gonna displace 30 captains? Wasn't there a lot of open time and there weren't enough captains to fill them? So what's the latest and greatest about Pinnacle?

Is Pinnacle still gonna displace 30 captains? Wasn't there a lot of open time and there weren't enough captains to fill them? So what's the latest and greatest about Pinnacle?

From what we hear, the displacements are still happening, even with the LOAs in place. In fact, I think a decent chunk of the guys start re-qualling in the right seat this week.

There's a conference call tonight, but I'm missing it b/c I have to get my kid in the bath and in bed.

If you have been looking at the info here as well as our company board you didn't miss any highlights from the conference call.

Has the March schedule out yet? With the 30 displacements, how does it look? Also, do you see the 3000 hr cut.

I got an email from HR around October that I was supposed to interview in Jan. Haven't heard anything nor can get any hold of them. I know this is not the best time to interview, but do you all think during summer its a possibility again?

Bid packs typically show up around the 10th (our bidding is the 15th-20th). I'll let you know what I find on the marketing hours. I have been told there will NOT be a 3000 hour drop, but our marketing hours would be staying roughly the same as the current rate for the duration of 2009. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the numbers can always be changed by daddy DL. The voluntary leaves are supposedly IN ADDITION to the 30 CA downgrades. These downgrades are technically in place March 2nd- but the vacancy can be cancelled all the way up to the 2nd. Hope that answers your questions until we get the official numbers in a week or so..

Well, so far for the first week of Feb, I'm at over 25 hours FLYING. More than that in the credit dept. Had a MSP trip tossed on me, and in CrewTrac comments it said "running short on MSP CAs." It was then pulled in favor of a MEM 4 day. Fine with me. I HIGHLY doubt we're gonna see the huge hour drop in March. I'm curious what the status is on the greivance for the sim instructor BS, too. That could have a major effect on staffing, even though most of the check airmen are already flying the line in MEM anyway.

My prediction is I'll probably break guarantee on RSV in April. I'd say March, but I've got vacation that month. Might even do it this month. They've either used me for a trip or RR every RSV I'v had this month. I don't have any more RRs on my schedule so far.

Well, so far for the first week of Feb, I'm at over 25 hours FLYING. More than that in the credit dept. Had a MSP trip tossed on me, and in CrewTrac comments it said "running short on MSP CAs." It was then pulled in favor of a MEM 4 day. Fine with me. I HIGHLY doubt we're gonna see the huge hour drop in March. I'm curious what the status is on the greivance for the sim instructor BS, too. That could have a major effect on staffing, even though most of the check airmen are already flying the line in MEM anyway.

My prediction is I'll probably break guarantee on RSV in April. I'd say March, but I've got vacation that month. Might even do it this month. They've either used me for a trip or RR every RSV I'v had this month. I don't have any more RRs on my schedule so far.

Its only money...:rawk: But you always must complain to the wife and say "I miss you" when you plot how you are spending it.... or how much you still need to work to cover what she spent while you were gone.... ;)

Its only money...:rawk: But you always must complain to the wife and say "I miss you" when you plot how you are spending it.... or how much you still need to work to cover what she spent while you were gone.... ;)

Can't really complain about her spending habits while I'm gone as long as we go grocery shopping beforehand. She can't cook/doesn't want to, so if there's nothing in the house, she gets fast food....daily. That adds up pretty quickly.

As for how we're spending it, that's easy: savings account for a downpayment on the house in MCO.

On a complete sidenote, even though we get per diem it is VERY expensive to be on the road as much as we are. Even brining your own food can be a pain.

On a complete sidenote, even though we get per diem it is VERY expensive to be on the road as much as we are. Even brining your own food can be a pain.

I spend maybe $25 a 4-day trip. That is typically one the 1 long layover on a "'liquid diet". I bring a duffle that is loaded with food. Plus hotels with free breakfasts are always good for the budget!:D

True, the thing is I am trying to eat healthy and those free hotel breakfasts don't have the healthiest offerings. Also, stuff you can bring along is usually loaded with sodium.

I figure spend the money, eat healthy, so I don't medical out!

Back