Perspective

mrivc211

wow, it's been nearly 14 years since I've joined @Derg foundation :) I dare not call it a website. Because it's not. A website is a place you go to to waste away in boredom. This place is not that. It was sept 2000. I walked into my job at the mall and in walked @I_Money

In the break room of the dept store I worked at, some nice lady sitting across from me said that her son was also training to be a pilot and that he will be in that day. She suggested we talk to each other.

At that time we didn't know each other. But just the night before, I had made a post on JC and @I_Money had responded. When we finally met, we put 2 and 2 together and realized what had happened. We were astonished at the time, but even more so today. Had I not stumbled upon this website all those years ago, I wouldn't be where I am today. How many countless other stories exist out there because of this place.

I remember going to the early meet and greets in vegas. Getting my students together and flying a twin out there. One year after taking off from mccarren the door popped open and we couldn't shut it. We had to circle back around and land to get it closed. Years later, at another meet and greet, while discussing the early years @Kristie remembered and brought it up. I wondered to myself how she would remember such a small detail.

It was through this place I met @Cheechako in early 2003. Days after meeting him we met. What a genuine guy. At the time I didn't know, but he was an interview captain at my old gig and days later I was being called for an interview.

After my quick upgrade in the emb, I met this BIG BURLY Blonde haired first officer. I was floored at how such a big dude could be so nice. I was expecting this tough macho guy. It was @Bumblebee and it went something like "Hey, are you $*%& from Jetcareers? Nice to meet you, I'm $&%^" while standing on the ramp in LAX waiting for our plane to come in.

I'm leaving out many other stories of great people I've met along the way because of JC. But I remember you all.

And thru all of these years, we all stay in contact, and we all remain friends. I have a feeling we're all going to get together many years from now and laugh about when we were all starting out and the stories were going to share.

Thanks @Derg and @Kristie You guys have done so much for so many people. Your folks raised some good kids!

Thanks for the kind words, @mrivc211! I try to live my life by this tenet: " Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. (Philippians 2:3-4).

Keep your chin up, buddy! What's the latest?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Great reminder of the awesome people that make up this site. There is lots of paying it forward happening behind the scenes here. Definitely a great group of people here!

Awesome post!

@Cheechako the 2 OO videos is what helped light my fire for aviation! I must have watched those videos 3x a day! I even went to work at OO because of it!

Omar, we have to talk soon. I'm doing business not all too far from your donut place!

Awesome post!

@Cheechako the 2 OO videos is what helped light my fire for aviation! I must have watched those videos 3x a day! I even went to work at OO because of it!

Omar, we have to talk soon. I'm doing business not all too far from your donut place!

Well now I want to watch them!

Awesome post!

I still watch the video's that dont exist to this day from time to time.

Back