Passports?

adreamer

Good morning, everyone:

I am wondeing about this. If you are green card holder(permanent resident), can you get U.S. passport? If answer is no, would airlines hired you? Thanks in advance.
grin.gif

adreamer

I don't know about your first question but my company requires me to have a passport and to always have it with me while on duty. I just looked it up and it doesn't say "US passport", just passport. Maybe any old passport would do....I don't know.

You can't get one unless you are a citizen. As long as you have a green card AND your passport from your country of birth, airlines will accept that. I have met several green card holders who carry their 'home country' passports so it doesn't seem to be an issue. You have a green card and that's 90% of the battle!

Thanks for all of you sharing your experiences. That helps a lot.

Av8trxx, you are right about one thing. Green card is 90 percent of battle. But the process also cost me about somewhere around 1500 ~ 2500 dollars already.
grin.gif
However, those INS employees are pretty much "underpay and overworked" in my opinion.

adreamer

I think FedEx is the toughest on this, and here is what we require:

Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.

Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)

Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance

So here's a related question and I'm sure seagull would be able to answer this, but I know to get into China (and I'm sure a bunch of other countries) you need a special visa that you need to get in advance and sometimes that takes a while. Do you have a special visa that you get for flight crews, or do they just let you in without it?

This isn't an answer to your question, but I know the NYC 767ER crews carry a French visa in order to fly to SVO (Moscow).

Why? I dunno.

Yes, the special China visa is good for 5 years, multiple enteries, but only valid when on company business.

Back