Oh Delta LXXIII

The ignore function is a mental crutch for those who don’t possess the ability to simply scroll past content they perceive to be idiotic, dumb, or whatever they want to classify it as. They essentially let the content control them, rather than seeing it for the ascii characters that it is, and feel compelled to respond to everything they disagree with or otherwise let the same stuff bother them in some way. As an admin, I don’t have anyone on ignore and can’t even if I wanted to; and yet, I see tons of stupid moronic crap posted on here by any number of posters, from newbies to veterans, on any number of subjects. And yet, I don’t feel compelled to have to respond to any of it if I don’t feel like it, or if I don’t have the desire to get into the constant never-ending ad naseum circular arguments about the stupidest of unimportant semantics on nearly all subjects, that has become the hallmark of JC; along with constant whataboutism from both sides of all issues, while at the same time the same people complaining about the other side using whataboutism, while they themselves use it. Neither of these are really something to be proud of. But its what this place has evolved to, and something that has indeed driven some veteran posters away. But I digress……the ignore function; take control of one’s own life and emotions, and stop placing so much weight into the things people write that one may not like or agree with, and scroll past it. And don’t let social media, of which JC is a form of, control your life to the degree that it affects your mental emotions. At the end of the day, nothing that anyone writes in places like the Lav has any negative life-changing impact on anyone else, unless one allows it to have that impact.
Eh. I use the ignore function because I don't even want to waste my time with some people.

The ignore function is a mental crutch for those who don’t possess the ability to simply scroll past content they perceive to be idiotic, dumb, or whatever they want to classify it as. They essentially let the content control them, rather than seeing it for the ascii characters that it is, and feel compelled to respond to everything they disagree with or otherwise let the same stuff bother them in some way. As an admin, I don’t have anyone on ignore and can’t even if I wanted to; and yet, I see tons of stupid moronic crap posted on here by any number of posters, from newbies to veterans, on any number of subjects. And yet, I don’t feel compelled to have to respond to any of it if I don’t feel like it, or if I don’t have the desire to get into the constant never-ending ad naseum circular arguments about the stupidest of unimportant semantics on nearly all subjects, that has become the hallmark of JC; along with constant whataboutism from both sides of all issues, while at the same time the same people complaining about the other side using whataboutism, while they themselves use it. Neither of these are really something to be proud of. But its what this place has evolved to, and something that has indeed driven some veteran posters away. But I digress……the ignore function; take control of one’s own life and emotions, and stop placing so much weight into the things people write that one may not like or agree with, and scroll past it. And don’t let social media, of which JC is a form of, control your life to the degree that it affects your mental emotions. At the end of the day, nothing that anyone writes in places like the Lav has any negative life-changing impact on anyone else, unless one allows it to have that impact.
Can you delete this, then repost it so I can like it again?

So googling someone you're flying with is bad, what about calling out your FO on Facebook for calling out fatigued...

"Junior F/O decided he was too tired to fly all the way from ATL to JAX tonight delaying 200 plus paying pax over 3 hours on Thanksgiving Day. A real class act.....not!"

Oh Delta Captain
He was rightfully given hell for this and quickly took it down. Definitely no room for this mentality. Oh, and “junior F/O” has been on property for 5 or 6 years.

Sounds like Delta is requiring all employees to wear the new, controversial uniforms by May 2nd (tomorrow) or stay home.

This doesn't seem like a smart move in a time when staffing is already challenging.

Sounds like Delta is requiring all employees to wear the new, controversial uniforms by May 2nd (tomorrow) or stay home.

This doesn't seem like a smart move in a time when staffing is already challenging.
Huh, didn’t the same thing happen when AA changed uniforms a few years ago.

FWIW, this is literally the same issue that Delta has known about since 2018. Here's are excerpts from a 2019 article in The Guardian

Delta flight attendants are complaining that a new set of uniforms introduced by the airline are still causing skin rashes and worse almost a year after the company introduced them.

And while the airline says it is addressing the issue, some flight attendants say they fear retaliation for complaining.

Last May, Delta unveiled a new set of slick purple uniforms designed by Bravo’s Project Runway star Zac Posen and manufactured by the retailer Land’s End.

The uniforms were designed to turn Delta’s 24,000 flight attendants into walking advertisements for the airline. Delta encouraged flight attendants to promote the new uniforms on their social media accounts.

Shortly after their introduction, some female flight attendants said that they started getting sick, reporting skin rashes, shortness of breath, and hair loss.
While no definitive scientific analysis has determined what is causing the rashes, many doctors have told flight attendants that formaldehyde and Teflon chemical finishing, put on the uniforms to make them stain resistant and durable, are a likely culprit.
It’s not the first time that flight attendants have claimed uniforms have made them sick. In 2011, flight attendants at Alaska Airlines began suffering health problems after that company introduced new uniforms. In 2016, flight attendants at American Eagle, a subsidiary of American Airlines, also began experiencing problems after new uniforms were introduced.

Back