Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

WoH]I'm gonna go ahead and re-post this. I've included addresses and phone numbers. If it's not on the list then please don't ask us if we know. Call the [URL="http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arc/ said:
regional folks[/URL] for information about a large area or use this directory for a single facility. Ask for the Air Traffic Manager (ATM) and say you are an ATC applicant. FY 2010 starts in October and applies directly to PUBNAT 8

Anchorage ARTCC (PAZA/ZAN, 5400 Davis Highway, Anchorage, Alaska 99506, 907/269-1137): Done for FY 2009 but definitely hiring for FY 2010. Out of all the slots they need to fill, they have only hired 1/4.

Washington D.C. ARTCC (ZDC, 825 East Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176, 703/771-3401): They are short staffed and hard to staff. They only have 6-8 hires waiting for training right now.

Albuquerque ARTCC (ZAB, 8000 Louisiana Boulevard N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87109, 505/856-4601): Their number was 50 but went down to 31 and they don't even expect to get that many. They'll have more slots again next fiscal year.

Dallas/Fort Worth ARTCC (ZFW, 13800 FAA Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76155,817/858-7503) : Pretty full because they got so many from earlier PUBNATs. Not expecting new slots until FY 2011. She said if you list Texas you'll end up at Houston Center. Houston said:

Houston ARTCC (ZHU, 16600 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77032, 281/230-5600): "We are always trying to bring people in, but there is no way to anticipate how many"

Salt Lake City ARTCC (ZLC, 2150 West 700 North, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116, 801/320-2501): She said they find that they have fewer and fewer slots every year. They might be able to hire in FY 2010, but maybe not.

Atlanta ARTCC (ZTL, 299 Woolsey Road, Hampton, Georgia 30228, 770/210-7600): 80 Slots for FY 2010

Minneapolis ARTCC (ZMP, 512 Division Street, Farmington, Minnesota 55024, 651/463-5510): No positions available until FY 2011

Cleveland ARTCC (ZOB, 326 East Lorain Street, Oberlin, Ohio 44074, 440/774-0310): Still hiring continuously

Memphis ARTCC (ZME, 3229 Democrat Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38118, 901/368-8103): 25 slots for FY 2010

Chicago ARTCC (ZAU, 619 Indian Trail Road, Aurora, Illinois 60506, 630/906-8221): 40-50 slots for FY 2010

Denver ARTCC (ZDV, 2211 17th Avenue, Longmont, Colorado 80501, 303/651-4101): 54 slots for FY 2010

Oakland ARTCC (ZOA, 5125 Central Avenue, Fremont, California 94536, 510/745-3301): Their hiring numbers are 30-40 people per-year and they expect to be hiring continuously

Los Angeles ARTCC (ZLA, 2555 East Avenue "P", Palmdale, California 93550, 661/265-8215): "If you put us down as your preference there is a good chance that you will be selected" I don't know what a "good chance" is and I don't think she does either.

Jacksonville ARTCC (ZJX, 811 East Second Street, Hilliard, Florida 32046, 904/549-1501): Yes we are hiring, no we don't know how many

Kansas City ARTCC (ZKC, 250 South Rogers Road, Olathe, Kansas 66062, 913/254-8403): Yes we are hiring, no we don't know how many

Still waiting on:
Miami ARTCC (ZMA, 7500 N.W. 58th Street, uninc. Miami-Dade County, Florida 33166, 305/716-1500)
Indianapolis ARTCC (ZID, 1850 South Sigsbee Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, 317/247-2231)
Seattle ARTCC (ZSE, 3101 Auburn Way South, Auburn, Washington 98092, 253/351-3500)
Boston ARTCC (ZBW, 35 Northeastern Boulevard, Nashua, New Hampshire 03060, 603/879-6638)
New York (ZNY, 4205 Johnson Ave, Ronkonkoma, New York 11779, 631/468-1003): Potentially 70 slots for FY 2010 (per greg1016)

Please call them and bother them. If I leave any more messages they will yell at me.

I also don't have numbers for the ARTCC in Guam, San Juan, or Honolulu. If you have them.....gimme gimme

Guess I'll start calling the TRACON now Yesterday 13:27

Still can't decide where to go? I've compiled a list of the number of facilities that are likely to be hiring per state. The more high level facilities, the higher the chances of getting a job in that state.

l_aff43b731174418d8037c6343f56db33.jpg

:yourock:

Now I won't have to spend my money on that coin operated fortune teller at the amusement park!

I thought we were supposed to enter in United States----Through out the Nation, for all 10 then the Geo pref would come at a later date. Thats what the announment said to do. Did I miss something?

yeah we called and it seems that was supposed to be updated.

as far as we know there will be no geo-prefs email.

So to hedge our bets we put throughout the nation for #1 and put states in the rest.

We can still revise our submission up until the closing date right?
yes, you can revise until the advertisement closes. I'm considering revising and entering all the states with the highest # of facilities on mine.

Thanks WoH

WOOHOO! We submitted! :rawk:

Duty Location 1 United States - Throughout The Nation
Duty Location 2 California - Throughout California
Duty Location 3 Colorado - Throughout Colorado
Duty Location 4 Illinois - Throughout Illinois
Duty Location 5 Washington - Throughout Washington
Duty Location 6 Texas - Throughout Texas
Duty Location 7 Florida - Throughout Florida
Duty Location 8 New York - Throughout New York
Duty Location 9 Ohio - Throughout Ohio
Duty Location 10 Alaska - Throughout Alaska

California: SAN, MYF, LGB, SBA, LAX, ZOA, SNA, SFO, STC, NCT, ZLA, FAT, E10, OAK, VNY, CMA, BUR, BFL, CRQ, PSP, SJC Colorado: ZDV, D01, DEN, COS, APA, PUB Illinois: ZAU, C90, ORD, MDW, RFD, CMI Washington: ZSE, S46, SEA, BFI, GEG, PSC Texas: AUS, ZFW, ZUH, IAH, I90, D10, SAT, CRP, DAL, MAF Florida: MIA, ZJX, ZMA, MCO, TPA, DAB, FLL, JAX, PBI, P31, SFB, RSW New York: ZNY, N90, JFK, LGA, ALB, BUF, SYR, ISP, FRG, HPN, ROC Ohio: ZOB, CLE, CAK, DAY, CMH, TOL, YNG Alaska: ZAN, ANC, A11, FAI, MRI

I only wish I had remembered to hunt for someone's name to put as a reference :(

Now to focus on how I'm going to celebrate my anniversary this weekend:
probably :beer:
and maybe :whip:

jk

sorta

Is there a field for reference name?

e-qip? what is it?:confused:

If you make it through panel selection, you'll find out... and loathe it. It's basically your 30-page "application" to have your background screening done. They go back 7 years as far as employment and living history is concerned, so be prepared to list every job you've had and every place you've lived in the last 7 years (well, back to age 18 if you're young enough for that), as well as a person who can vouch for you being there. For instance, you would need to know your supervisor/manager's name and contact information, plus the name and contact information for the place of employment; and for living arrangements, you would need to have someone be able to say, "Yes, Maria lived at that house from 2003-2004." It's long, and it can take quite a while to fill it out.

If you make it through panel selection, you'll find out... and loathe it. It's basically your 30-page "application" to have your background screening done. They go back 7 years as far as employment and living history is concerned, so be prepared to list every job you've had and every place you've lived in the last 7 years (well, back to age 18 if you're young enough for that), as well as a person who can vouch for you being there. For instance, you would need to know your supervisor/manager's name and contact information, plus the name and contact information for the place of employment; and for living arrangements, you would need to have someone be able to say, "Yes, Maria lived at that house from 2003-2004." It's long, and it can take quite a while to fill it out.

Oh, thank you so much for info!!!

RdRunnr12 - thanks alot!!!

:beer:

What do you do if some of the places you worked are no longer in business? I have 3 jobs that are no longer in business. 2 were privately owned, 1 was a fairly large chain of restaurants. I guess for the chain I would have to get their corporate number, but what about the private businesses? There is no way to prove I ever worked there. Also I worked at a car dealership that has changed owners twice since I worked there. I hope this doesn't disqualify me. :panic:

What do you do if some of the places you worked are no longer in business? I have 3 jobs that are no longer in business. 2 were privately owned, 1 was a fairly large chain of restaurants. I guess for the chain I would have to get their corporate number, but what about the private businesses? There is no way to prove I ever worked there. Also I worked at a car dealership that has changed owners twice since I worked there. I hope this doesn't disqualify me. :panic:
List them as they were when you worked there. The guv'mint has the information because of tax filings and the like to verify your employment (like your W-4 and W-2)

On the last page...when it asks "how did you hear about this job?" you can check other and list a name.

I looked and could not find this part, what last page? The signature page or where you submit it.......?

I have a few people I would like to put down. Thanks!

List them as they were when you worked there. The guv'mint has the information because of tax filings and the like to verify your employment (like your W-4 and W-2)
ah, your wisdom shows once more. In my state of :panic: I forgot about the paper trail the guvment tracks on us normal people annually. One of the places gave me a 1099 though. Do those get filed through the IRS or separate?

I looked and could not find this part, what last page? The signature page or where you submit it.......?

I have a few people I would like to put down. Thanks!

Submit page. uhhhhhhh...I think.

There is a panel with about 8 or so squares to select. The last one on the bottom right says "Other" and you can list your names

Edit: I just tried to go back to see where it was. It didn't come up for me, so if you've already submitted then I think you're out of luck :(

Submit page. uhhhhhhh...I think.

There is a panel with about 8 or so squares to select. The last one on the bottom right says "Other" and you can list your names

Edit: I just tried to go back to see where it was. It didn't come up for me, so if you've already submitted then I think you're out of luck :(

Ok thanks Woh! Will there be another chance to put some references down? Not sure if it will help at all, but I have a few local controllers who said I could use them.

Woh.....thanks for all the leg work calling places.....I owe you a beer or two or three!:beer:

Back