Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

On the PUB 8 app, it says to list specific "counties" within the state...yadda yadda. Do they really mean the counties that the facility is located?

On the PUB 8 app, it says to list specific "counties" within the state...yadda yadda. Do they really mean the counties that the facility is located?

Indeed! They are assuming that if you live in a large state, even though it's not out of state, you might not want to move "across" state. So you say the county you want to work in. Really big states (like California for example) have facilities in like...every county.

BUT! If you want a specific facility you can just list the facility codes for the ones you want to work at.

Before you guys flame me, I know that's not what the instructions say!

So Bs, do so at your own risk. Some people say no one ever looks at the comment section anyway. Some people have gotten exactly the facility they asked for and feel that they did because they asked for it.

Your call!

Indeed! They are assuming that if you live in a large state, even though it's not out of state, you might not want to move "across" state. So you say the county you want to work in. Really big states (like California for example) have facilities in like...every county.

BUT! If you want a specific facility you can just list the facility codes for the ones you want to work at.

Before you guys flame me, I know that's not what the instructions say!

So Bs, do so at your own risk. Some people say no one ever looks at the comment section anyway. Some people have gotten exactly the facility they asked for and feel that they did because they asked for it.

Your call!

don't forget the people who were so specific they were passed over

Hey Folks,

I am new here, I just applied PUBNAT 8. Reaching my 31st birthday in May 2010. Having my fingers crossed now!

Well if the FAA were going any slower this proccess would be going backwards...May 2010 could be cutting it pretty close

Sure,

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but I applied in May of '08 and got my TOL January of '09. So my timeline was approximately 8 months from application to TOL/age freeze.

Some parts of the process have been streamlined it seems, so hopefully you will move through even faster, at least through to the TOL. For now the hold-up seems to be getting scheduled for the Academy in OKC.

My situation is weird. I went to school as an international student back when they still have the "you have to be hired 3 years after graduation" requirement.

Knowing that I will not be able to get my citizenship within 3 years, I took the ATC minor, but left 1 class before completing CTI requirement, I was told I can always go back and take that class.

Then the 3 year requirement was removed, and I just received my citizenship in June. Now I was told I could not go back and take that class after I graduated. So PUBNAT 8 is my only hope now.

I heard a typo can QD the application. I am getting nervous now.

I heard a typo can QD the application. I am getting nervous now.

Typos can DQ the application (it happened to my husband for PUBNAT 1). But that had to deal with the previous 3 years of employment. The computer system kicked out his application during the referral list part of the app but allowed him to take the AT-SAT. We didn't know there was a problem until he wasn't put on a referral list, so we called OKC and they told us about the typo and how the computers are set up to throw out "bad" apps. I would call before the app closes and have them check your application for errors before the deadline.

I know. I know. How dare I tell someone to call and bother OKC. If they can't get the app right they don't deserve the job. Blah blah blah. Get over yourself. We can't all be perfect. :)

Typos can DQ the application (it happened to my husband for PUBNAT 1). But that had to deal with the previous 3 years of employment. The computer system kicked out his application during the referral list part of the app but allowed him to take the AT-SAT. We didn't know there was a problem until he wasn't put on a referral list, so we called OKC and they told us about the typo and how the computers are set up to throw out "bad" apps. I would call before the app closes and have them check your application for errors before the deadline.

I know. I know. How dare I tell someone to call and bother OKC. If they can't get the app right they don't deserve the job. Blah blah blah. Get over yourself. We can't all be perfect. :)

Wow, I better put everything into words and do a spelling check. I also see you had a few applications submitted before you were finally selected. Do you know the reason why, or it is just pure luck?

Wow, I better put everything into words and do a spelling check. I also see you had a few applications submitted before you were finally selected. Do you know the reason why, or it is just pure luck?

A lot of it has to do with your geographic preferences. HR told us today that they get several hundred phone calls per day and that a lot of the time they know just as much about the process as you do since they are often left in the dark.

Strange? You betcha

A lot of it has to do with your geographic preferences. HR told us today that they get several hundred phone calls per day and that a lot of the time they know just as much about the process as you do since they are often left in the dark.

Strange? You betcha

From the instruction, aren't we supposed to select "USA - throughout the Nation"? I know there were are some discussion on this.

I am in the bay area, CA, and I know the fact that only Oakland has openings. Anyone know about Portland, OR?

I also select "Both" for Terminal and Enroute to get a better chance.

Congratulations for making to OKC!:clap:

From the instruction, aren't we supposed to select "USA - throughout the Nation"? I know there were are some discussion on this.

I am in the bay area, CA, and I know the fact that only Oakland has openings. Anyone know about Portland, OR?

I also select "Both" for Terminal and Enroute to get a better chance.

Congratulations for making to OKC!:clap:
Assuming this process is just like the others, Geographic Preference emails should be sent out at some point in the future...

How long?

Standard OKC answer: 6 weeks :D :sarcasm:

Well on my employment history, I had 2 companies that were out of business. So I listed their previous address but the phone numbers as 555-555-5555. Would that be something that would disqualify me?

Back