Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

I'm gonna go ahead and re-post this. I've included addresses and phone numbers. If it's not on the list then please don't ask us if we know. Call the regional folks for information about a large area or use this directory for a single facility. Ask for the Air Traffic Manager (ATM) and say you are an ATC applicant. FY 2010 starts in October and applies directly to PUBNAT 8

Anchorage ARTCC (PAZA/ZAN, 5400 Davis Highway, Anchorage, Alaska 99506, 907/269-1137): Done for FY 2009 but definitely hiring for FY 2010. Out of all the slots they need to fill, they have only hired 1/4.

Washington D.C. ARTCC (ZDC, 825 East Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176, 703/771-3401): They are short staffed and hard to staff. They only have 6-8 hires waiting for training right now.

Albuquerque ARTCC (ZAB, 8000 Louisiana Boulevard N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87109, 505/856-4601): Their number was 50 but went down to 31 and they don't even expect to get that many. They'll have more slots again next fiscal year.

Dallas/Fort Worth ARTCC (ZFW, 13800 FAA Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76155,817/858-7503) : Pretty full because they got so many from earlier PUBNATs. Not expecting new slots until FY 2011. She said if you list Texas you'll end up at Houston Center. Houston said:

Houston ARTCC (ZHU, 16600 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77032, 281/230-5600): "We are always trying to bring people in, but there is no way to anticipate how many"

Salt Lake City ARTCC (ZLC, 2150 West 700 North, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116, 801/320-2501): She said they find that they have fewer and fewer slots every year. They might be able to hire in FY 2010, but maybe not.

Atlanta ARTCC (ZTL, 299 Woolsey Road, Hampton, Georgia 30228, 770/210-7600): 80 Slots for FY 2010

Minneapolis ARTCC (ZMP, 512 Division Street, Farmington, Minnesota 55024, 651/463-5510): No positions available until FY 2011

Cleveland ARTCC (ZOB, 326 East Lorain Street, Oberlin, Ohio 44074, 440/774-0310): Still hiring continuously

Memphis ARTCC (ZME, 3229 Democrat Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38118, 901/368-8103): 25 slots for FY 2010

Chicago ARTCC (ZAU, 619 Indian Trail Road, Aurora, Illinois 60506, 630/906-8221): 40-50 slots for FY 2010

Denver ARTCC (ZDV, 2211 17th Avenue, Longmont, Colorado 80501, 303/651-4101): 54 slots for FY 2010

Oakland ARTCC (ZOA, 5125 Central Avenue, Fremont, California 94536, 510/745-3301): Their hiring numbers are 30-40 people per-year and they expect to be hiring continuously

Los Angeles ARTCC (ZLA, 2555 East Avenue "P", Palmdale, California 93550, 661/265-8215): "If you put us down as your preference there is a good chance that you will be selected" I don't know what a "good chance" is and I don't think she does either.

Jacksonville ARTCC (ZJX, 811 East Second Street, Hilliard, Florida 32046, 904/549-1501): Yes we are hiring, no we don't know how many

Kansas City ARTCC (ZKC, 250 South Rogers Road, Olathe, Kansas 66062, 913/254-8403): Yes we are hiring, no we don't know how many

Still waiting on:
Miami ARTCC (ZMA, 7500 N.W. 58th Street, uninc. Miami-Dade County, Florida 33166, 305/716-1500)
Indianapolis ARTCC (ZID, 1850 South Sigsbee Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, 317/247-2231)
Seattle ARTCC (ZSE, 3101 Auburn Way South, Auburn, Washington 98092, 253/351-3500)
Boston ARTCC (ZBW, 35 Northeastern Boulevard, Nashua, New Hampshire 03060, 603/879-6638)
New York (ZNY, 4205 Johnson Ave, Ronkonkoma, New York 11779, 631/468-1003): Potentially 70 slots for FY 2010 (per greg1016)

Please call them and bother them. If I leave any more messages they will yell at me.

I also don't have numbers for the ARTCC in Guam, San Juan, or Honolulu. If you have them.....gimme gimme

Guess I'll start calling the TRACON now

I know there's a lot of talk on here about washout rates, but in all honesty, what's it like for former pilots. I know a lot of us get a God complex, but for the rest, we're fairly well trained in the basics of flight and how ATC interacts with aviation.

I think it's a fairly good ground to start from, and if the basic aptitude to succeed is there, wouldn't the average pilot OTS do better than any old OTS?

Still waiting on:
Miami ARTCC (ZMA, 7500 N.W. 58th Street, uninc. Miami-Dade County, Florida 33166, 305/716-1500)
Indianapolis ARTCC (ZID, 1850 South Sigsbee Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, 317/247-2231)
Seattle ARTCC (ZSE, 3101 Auburn Way South, Auburn, Washington 98092, 253/351-3500)
Boston ARTCC (ZBW, 35 Northeastern Boulevard, Nashua, New Hampshire 03060, 603/879-6638)
New York (ZNY, 4205 Johnson Ave, Ronkonkoma, New York 11779, 631/468-1003)

Please call them and bother them. If I leave any more messages they will yell at me.

I also don't have numbers for the ARTCC in Guam, San Juan, or Honolulu. If you have them.....gimme gimme

Guess I'll start calling the TRACON now

I relayed ZNYs hiring situation as it was told to me 2 weeks ago at my interview when I asked a few pages back...

By all means, please annoy these people until they want nothing to do with you. I appreciate what you are doing for all these people, but by the time they get their geoprefs, things may very well have changed (new budgets, new contract, etc. etc). true a squeaky wheel gets the attention, but when no amount of oil stops the squeak, it gets replaced.

I know there's a lot of talk on here about washout rates, but in all honesty, what's it like for former pilots. I know a lot of us get a God complex, but for the rest, we're fairly well trained in the basics of flight and how ATC interacts with aviation.

I think it's a fairly good ground to start from, and if the basic aptitude to succeed is there, wouldn't the average pilot OTS do better than any old OTS?

Yes and specially if you are hired where you live and fly... I think about working around Seattle and it seems like such a better option than going somewhere else and learning new airspace. I've been flying this airspace my whole life. Although other parts of the country sound appealing, I feel like it would almost be shaving a difficult part right off the top of learning the geographic area, airspaces, nav aids, dep/arr procs. everything... I think it would give one time to concentrate on other areas of the training. Also being a pilot, even going somewhere else I'm fairly certain it would be an easier transition for you than another guy off the street. It doesn't take you very long to figure out what the skinny is in the surrounding 100 miles and your focus can be directed on other things. Just my thoughts :)

I relayed ZNYs hiring situation as it was told to me 2 weeks ago at my interview when I asked a few pages back...

By all means, please annoy these people until they want nothing to do with you. I appreciate what you are doing for all these people, but by the time they get their geoprefs, things may very well have changed (new budgets, new contract, etc. etc). true a squeaky wheel gets the attention, but when no amount of oil stops the squeak, it gets replaced.

Ok I changed it.

I don't actually want anyone to be bothered, but I've left 2-3 messages and I'm not going to leave anymore. Why? Well because they will not respond to me favorable if I do. Perhaps someone else can get through. That's all I'm saying.

It doesn't really matter if they want nothing to do with me...because I'm not actually an applicant. I'm calling on everyone's behalf. Anyway...I'm getting 2010 numbers, so they will apply directly to our geo-prefs. And if we don't get geo-prefs well then we'll be glad that we were prepared.

Yes and specially if you are hired where you live and fly... I think about working around Seattle and it seems like such a better option than going somewhere else and learning new airspace. I've been flying this airspace my whole life. Although other parts of the country sound appealing, I feel like it would almost be shaving a difficult part right off the top of learning the geographic area, airspaces, nav aids, dep/arr procs. everything... I think it would give one time to concentrate on other areas of the training. Also being a pilot, even going somewhere else I'm fairly certain it would be an easier transition for you than another guy off the street. It doesn't take you very long to figure out what the skinny is in the surrounding 100 miles and your focus can be directed on other things. Just my thoughts :)

I would love to work at the airport that I have been flying out of the last 2 years!

:yourock:

Still can't decide where to go? I've compiled a list of the number of facilities that are likely to be hiring per state. The more high level facilities, the higher the chances of getting a job in that state.

l_aff43b731174418d8037c6343f56db33.jpg

Ok I changed it.

I don't actually want anyone to be bothered, but I've left 2-3 messages and I'm not going to leave anymore. Why? Well because they will not respond to me favorable if I do. Perhaps someone else can get through. That's all I'm saying.

It doesn't really matter if they want nothing to do with me...because I'm not actually an applicant. I'm calling on everyone's behalf. Anyway...I'm getting 2010 numbers, so they will apply directly to our geo-prefs. And if we don't get geo-prefs well then we'll be glad that we were prepared.

What I mean is, when the FAA Reauthorization Act passes and a contract is worked out with NATCA, I would say that it is very likely that the facilities hiring needs, goals, and quotas may very well change.

What I mean is, when the FAA Reauthorization Act passes and a contract is worked out with NATCA, I would say that it is very likely that the facilities hiring needs, goals, and quotas may very well change.

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of that. Here's hoping hiring quotas go up :D

just did PUBNAT8 hopefully i wont have to wait that long.

And WOH thanks a ton for the info on who is hiring!!!!!:beer:

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of that. Here's hoping hiring quotas go up :D

Mindless of what's going to happen, you have certainly helped a lot of people on here do the dirty work that otherwise wouldn't have done this on their own. A select few were on my list to call and you have covered them. Thank you for your hard work WoH

Darn it! There is no :bow: smily

Oh well...I'll just blow a kiss to my adoring fans

:blowkiss:

I don't know if I would pigeon-hole myself by going in with the mindset that I would only accept a job at a certain tower. Pennsylvania was my first choice, and it is a state with a fairly decent number of terminals, but I didn't even get in the state.

There seems to be a trend around here in that the people who seem to be the most picky about where they go (selecting the same states for their geopref time after time, choosing terminal only as opposed to terminal or center, etc. etc.) seem to be the ones without offers.

Just my $.02

Well I'm in college getting my Aviation degree and working on my ratings. I plan on getting all of my ratings by the time I graduate in the spring of '10. My school is CTI but I'm not interested in that route.

If I get DSM tower, awesome, I'll be super happy; it's where all of my friends and family are.

why not go CTI? more postings to apply to.

Really no reason to. I'm more interested in the flying side of the business unless I get DSM tower, then I'll be happy being a controller. :) Being a controller would be a sweet job but I'm not willing to relocate across the country for it.

WOOHOO! We submitted! :rawk:

Duty Location 1 United States - Throughout The Nation
Duty Location 2
California - Throughout California
Duty Location 3
Colorado - Throughout Colorado
Duty Location 4
Illinois - Throughout Illinois
Duty Location 5 Washington - Throughout Washington
Duty Location 6
Texas - Throughout Texas
Duty Location 7 Florida - Throughout Florida
Duty Location 8 New York - Throughout New York
Duty Location 9 Ohio - Throughout Ohio
Duty Location 10 Alaska - Throughout Alaska

California: SAN, MYF, LGB, SBA, LAX, ZOA, SNA, SFO, STC, NCT, ZLA, FAT, E10, OAK, VNY, CMA, BUR, BFL, CRQ, PSP, SJC Colorado: ZDV, D01, DEN, COS, APA, PUB Illinois: ZAU, C90, ORD, MDW, RFD, CMI Washington: ZSE, S46, SEA, BFI, GEG, PSC Texas: AUS, ZFW, ZUH, IAH, I90, D10, SAT, CRP, DAL, MAF Florida: MIA, ZJX, ZMA, MCO, TPA, DAB, FLL, JAX, PBI, P31, SFB, RSW New York: ZNY, N90, JFK, LGA, ALB, BUF, SYR, ISP, FRG, HPN, ROC Ohio: ZOB, CLE, CAK, DAY, CMH, TOL, YNG Alaska: ZAN, ANC, A11, FAI, MRI

I only wish I had remembered to hunt for someone's name to put as a reference :(

Now to focus on how I'm going to celebrate my anniversary this weekend:
probably :beer:
and maybe :whip:

jk

sorta

Back