Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

ah, your wisdom shows once more. In my state of :panic: I forgot about the paper trail the guvment tracks on us normal people annually. One of the places gave me a 1099 though. Do those get filed through the IRS or separate?

W-2's, 1099's & 1098's get submitted to the IRS after the payer has sent them to you.

Key Requirements :

• U.S. Citizen

After the announcement close date, be sure to log into ASAP to check your status to take the AT-SAT test as well as your test score and continue to check for referral list updates.
Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference...... You will select your preferred duty locations/facilities assignments at a later date through our office, please be patient with the process......

It's on the ASAP Announcement.

Is anyone else here going for Terminal? I see a lot of posts about enroute, but so far nothing about towers.

That's my goal. Norfolk Tower, level 9 up/down 15 minutes from my house. I've been trying to set up a tour for a month or so, but I guess it's time to start bugging the ATM now.

So do we or do we not put throughout the United States? There seems to be some conflicting information on here.

So do we or do we not put throughout the United States? There seems to be some conflicting information on here.

I put United States as one, then my specific preferences below it. Until they change it on the listing, I think I'll go with what they ask for in writing first.

I put United States as one, then my specific preferences below it. Until they change it on the listing, I think I'll go with what they ask for in writing first.

Yeah that's what I did too.

Couldn't decide which...so I just did both.

That seems to be the consesus. Hedge your bet so to speak. I did the same thing because I didn't want my application to be passed over for not complying with an instruction on the announcement.

Ditto, and I'm applying for IAD tower first and ZDC second. I really like the DC area, and way better than GFK. Not that they guys at GFK tower do anything less than spectacular, but the higher pay will seriously help with my over 100K debt from flight costs.

I think our application for PUBNAT4 actually depended on which site you applied through as to whether it told you to pick "Throughout the United States" or if it wanted you to pick your 10 states. If you applied through https://jobs01.faa.gov/asap, you picked ten states. If you applied through the USAJOBS website, it told you to select "Throughout the Nation". I listed my state preferences, but since we got the geographical preferences e-mail, it didn't matter. I'd say it probably doesn't matter. It seems like they'd take out the state options altogether if they really wanted you to pick one specific option.

I put throughout the nation - its what the instructions said on ASAP.

My only problem with this is that the application also asked for the counties in which you are willing to work. I do not believe this would have been asked if the intentions were for you to put "Throughout the United States." Asking for counties is not something that was asked on other PUBNAT applications. Asking for position (Terminal or EnRoute) is also new, that was not on other PUBNAT applications either...not saying who's right or wrong...jut throwing that out there...

It's been giving the option for 10 geographic preferences since PUBNAT1 (FEBOTS). They have been sending GEOPREF emails to everyone since PUBNAT1.

With this knowledge in mind, follow the instructions and wait for a GEOPREF email. You're all dragging this out way more than necessary.

:yeahthat:

If anything, for pubnat 5 i picked a couple states and was not picked up, for pubnat 6 i only put throughout the nation and was picked for that announcement.

D*** I just checked my Pub7 app and I had throughout the US as number 1 but then Changed it to Ga and Forgot to put it back in... :banghead: Argh! Maybe I'll get lucky.:dunno:

It's been giving the option for 10 geographic preferences since PUBNAT1 (FEBOTS). They have been sending GEOPREF emails to everyone since PUBNAT1.

With this knowledge in mind, follow the instructions and wait for a GEOPREF email. You're all dragging this out way more than necessary.

Right, but they also asked terminal or en-route preference. That's def. new, and lines up with what aviation careers said about possibly replacing the geo pref email.

D*** I just checked my Pub7 app and I had throughout the US as number 1 but then Changed it to Ga and Forgot to put it back in... :banghead: Argh! Maybe I'll get lucky.:dunno:
I had 10 random locations on my Pub 6 application. In the end it's not going to matter. You'll get a Geo. Pref email anyways.

Back