Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

Very cool. As planned except I don't see the expected format for Geoprefs. I thought there were only going to be 2 but it still gives the whole 10. In a new format I noticed so I wonder what their plans are for that... Whatever the case hopefully it's an honest attempt to speed that part of the process up. :beer:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Do I pick a couple states and list all the cities I wanna go!? Or do I pick 10 States!?

Also...Boston ARTCC is listed as Boston, Mass. on the FAA site, but it's actually in New Hampshire....

I wanna go there...which state do I put?

AH:panic:HHHHH:panic:HHH:panic:HH:panic:HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:panic:HHH:panic:HHHHHHHHHH:panic:HHHHHH!

Also...Boston ARTCC is listed as Boston, Mass. on the FAA site, but it's actually in New Hampshire....

I wanna go there...which state do I put?

AH:panic:HHHHH:panic:HHH:panic:HH:panic:HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:panic:HHH:panic:HHHHHHHHHH:panic:HHHHHH!

These 10 states you pick on the App don't mean . It's all about the Geo Prefs, so basically just get a globe, spin it, and stick your finger somewhere and list that.

Actually....it's asking specifically for the name of counties I'd like to work and also what position (Terminal or enroute)...:clap:

Well...I'm all done with the application. Hopefully I won't "need" 8, and I'll be getting my geopref email for 7 in a few weeks!

Fingers crossed, and waiting...as usual.

Anyone notice this? Current pay scale starts at $33700, if you add locality it would be higher than the figure listed below. Makes me think this could be a hint of a new, new hire pay scale. Any thoughts?

From the Announcement:

Upon successful completion of the Academy initial training program & other employment requirements, you will continue your training at your assigned facility on a permanent appointment with a salary between $37,463 and $43,867.

Anyone notice this? Current pay scale starts at $33700, if you add locality it would be higher than the figure listed below. Makes me think this could be a hint of a new, new hire pay scale. Any thoughts?

From the Announcement:

Upon successful completion of the Academy initial training program & other employment requirements, you will continue your training at your assigned facility on a permanent appointment with a salary between $37,463 and $43,867.

Sorry, I just checked, PUBNAT 7 says the same thing...

That salary range is the base $33,700 plus the minimum locality percentage and the maximum locality percentage. That will be your pay when you report to your facility under the current pay scale

Assuming that all the figures in the ATC Pay sticky are correct, then the starting salary range should be from $38,370 to $45,276. These figures assume the base rate of $33,700 with the minimum being the 'Rest of U.S.' locality rate of 13.86%, and the max being the San Fransisco locality rate of 34.35%

Your application for announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162 has been received. Please check back after the announcement closes for status updates.
Yay for more waiting! :crazy: Of course, no matter what, in six months my waiting will end, when I hit the dreaded 31. :eek:

It's very contradicting because on the front page it says just put United States and Throughout the Nation then on the 2nd tab of the app it asks what specific counties you would like to work in :clap: Might need to meditate on what to do about this :laff:

The very first page of the application is the "Geographic Preferences" page. I don't even see a "Throughout the US" option, otherwise I would choose it. There are options for Duty Location's 1 through 10. For each you can choose a State and City. I just listed the three states I'm interested in, and for city chose "Throughout the State". I left the other seven duty location options blank. On the next page where it asks us to put specific counties in the state we're interested in, I'm just going to leave it blank. Thoughts?

Back