Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

That really really sucks! I will be 31 in May next year. Don't think I will be able to make it in this case.

Your not the only one. I'm 31 next August. It's kinda do or die at this point. I wish I hadn't spent the last seven years of my life driving a semi.:(

You will get a letter from Robinson when they test for the next PUBNAT (if you've applied to it), as if you had never applied before. That is what happened for me.

oh, so regardless that i've taken the test before in the past, ill still get invited to take the test in pubnat 8 anyway?

oh, so regardless that i've taken the test before in the past, ill still get invited to take the test in pubnat 8 anyway?

Not necessarily. If you applied for PUBNAT8 they'll say you're not eligible to take the test, thats when you call up Robinson/Aviation Careers to request to take the test.

If you have not applied to PUBNAT8, unfortunately you're going to have to wait to the next open hire announcement (PUBNAT9...or 1 if they start back at 1)

Not necessarily. If you applied for PUBNAT8 they'll say you're not eligible to take the test, thats when you call up Robinson/Aviation Careers to request to take the test.

If you have not applied to PUBNAT8, unfortunately you're going to have to wait to the next open hire announcement (PUBNAT9...or 1 if they start back at 1)

ah, ok thank you. yes, i have applied to pubnat 8. have they issued the test dates for that one yet?

ah, ok thank you. yes, i have applied to pubnat 8. have they issued the test dates for that one yet?

Not yet, i believe. They might have authorized people but i dont believe they have offered any testing dates.

You might want to give aviation careers a call! They'll have some more information!

Not yet, i believe. They might have authorized people but i dont believe they have offered any testing dates.

You might want to give aviation careers a call! They'll have some more information!

thank you thank you sir. one last question...where do i find their number? :o

Rumor at the Academy has it that PUBNAT8 is the last announcement for OTS hires.

Hopefully that's not the case, but you never know.

Your not the only one. I'm 31 next August. It's kinda do or die at this point. I wish I hadn't spent the last seven years of my life driving a semi.:(

I'm about to start driving a semi waiting for the PUBNAT... Being a CFI/CFII/MEI I just can't pay the bills. Weird how that works.

It sucks but I believe it...it sounds like there is no shortage of applicants.
This is correct, along with reinstatements, VRA hires, and CTI graduates there is definitely no shortage of applicants, along with all the PUBNAT folks.

There are so many people waiting, I would imagine it almost outnumbers the projected retirements for the next several years.

Again, like I said, it's just a rumor. PUBNAT9 could easily be around the corner. We'll find out with time.

This is correct, along with reinstatements, VRA hires, and CTI graduates there is definitely no shortage of applicants, along with all the PUBNAT folks.

There are so many people waiting, I would imagine it almost outnumbers the projected retirements for the next several years.

Again, like I said, it's just a rumor. PUBNAT9 could easily be around the corner. We'll find out with time.

Swinte....hope there are more pubnats to come out. Have you heard anything about another pubak? There's rumor that there maybe another one coming out soon.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love flying, but either way I'm transporting things while following federal regulations and managing my own personal fatigue. Difference is I only have to go 40mph (heavy.. HEAVY trucks), I get a lunch everyday, no students to kill me (although maybe drunk drivers...but I'll win that war... oh man should you see the truck I'll be driving... UAV.. Urban Assault Vehicle), CD player, no uniform, and people are jovial.

Oh... and they actually pay me a decent wage to do it. Enough so I'm planning a 5 day trip with a plane for this winter to take my girlfriend and I down to either FCM or ORD for a little R&R. This week, we had to debate if we needed to put gas in the car or not (already down to 1 car for costs). So while I see many still with the SJS, I would rather be able to CFI on the side, buy into a SR22 fractional and fly the way I want to fly.

I'll let you know how it goes, I am on the anything is better than this train. If something doesn't work... McDonalds is hiring managers at 14/hr. But there's about 30 other farms looking for drivers right now anyways.

Yeah im glad I stopped flying a few months ago when I got my commercial single. I would be an instructor now, but I am now instead going to CTI school with my GI bill. You guys should check out this guy when he is broadcasting live he is awesome he will answer any of your questions about trucking. He is usually on during working afternoons. http://www.justin.tv/joelmoye

keep in mind that trucking has its ups and downs, but it looks like it is starting to increase, one thing that I was told is that, once you have a cdl, you will not have to worry about unemployment.

I on the other hand is going the mariner route, if the FAA fails, I have a good job with great advancement. Trucking school is too expensive for me, that is why im going mariner.

Oh I have heard that their might be a pub 9 in the works, it is just rumors right now. That is what I was told by a friend in our tower.

ANy news on AT SAT scheduling yet?

I just want to make sure everyone else isnt getting notified, because I havent yet....

Back