Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

What's the hiring plan again? 10,000 people in the next 5 years?

Heh, yeah, that's the "goal". I'm not confident... I can't see how the system can handle it. Too many trainees, not enough trainers, and that's not even accounting for people who'll wash out because the filter got moved from OKC to the facilities (thereby increasing their burden).

Wait till the planes start crashing together. Something ugly's gonna happen due to the poor preparation that led up to this.

actually, i forgot a step, sometime after geoprefs and before panels it will tell you that you have made the referral list, after panels it will give you one of the two messages i listed above

Ah yes, exactly what i said. Theres a referral list posted stating you're on the list, after that it'll change to tell you whether or not you were selected.

So I got mine yesterday as well, good to finally hear something. I tried a search for this but could not find it, but where do you actually get assigned to take the exam? I'm assuming it's at the nearest FAA office (So Seattle for me) but just wondering! Congrats to everyone who is now one step closer. . . Or so :)

Stephen C

well i happened to run into this page. I applied for this Pubnat and got the same message that you guys have gotten about being selected to take the test. i'm based out of seattle so maybe we'll end up being in the same test center stephen!

im going into my senior year of college so hopefully if everything works out i can be sent to okc(keeping my fingers crossed) sometime after i graduate. Hope it takes as long as it normally does....cuz that would be good timing.

You will not get a authorization, it will say "you have not been selected for the atsat blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda" something like that. Only time it will be different is when you retake the atsat after making arrangements with OKC.

When I applied to Pub7, I was authorized to take the test in March, but didn't get an email to actually schedule it until June.

YOu seemed to get your Geo Pref's rather quickly there after, and it also seems that you'll be in a referal soon there after as well, so good sign hopefully for us PUBNAT 8's

How much control do you have over which one you get selected to? It seems that you should just be happy if any state picks you up. But how much control do you have over what location you work at within that state?

How much control do you have over which one you get selected to? It seems that you should just be happy if any state picks you up. But how much control do you have over what location you work at within that state?
There are room for comments, but no one really knows how much what they write matters.

Some people get their preferences, others don't. It's really 100% up to the FAA.

Just hope you get picked up for anything, anywhere... It's all about getting your foot in the door.

For some reason I dont think that pubnat 8 is going to take that long.........but thats just me.

According to someone in Pubnat 7, testing for Pubnat 8 has been postponed indefinitely. Has anyone been able to confirm or deny this? Hopefully someone will get scheduled for testing soon, so we can prove it just a rumor.

According to someone in Pubnat 7, testing for Pubnat 8 has been postponed indefinitely. Has anyone been able to confirm or deny this? Hopefully someone will get scheduled for testing soon, so we can prove it just a rumor.

I called the FAA last week. Said they are behind and would not be sending testing notifications for another 4 to 6 weeks with projected PUBNAT 8 panels being early next year.

I called the FAA last week. Said they are behind and would not be sending testing notifications for another 4 to 6 weeks with projected PUBNAT 8 panels being early next year.

Ok that really sucks..... although I hope that they can get it together sooner rather than later

Ok that really sucks..... although I hope that they can get it together sooner rather than later

keep in mind young padawan, the faa moves at the speed of the government: slow, slower, slowest, and in most cases, uber slow. Pull up a chair and chill, it is going to be a while.

keep in mind young padawan, the faa moves at the speed of the government: slow, slower, slowest, and in most cases, uber slow. Pull up a chair and chill, it is going to be a while.

That really really sucks! I will be 31 in May next year. Don't think I will be able to make it in this case.

does anyone know the process one would take to retake the test? It's been a year and some months since I last took it. I just want to improve my Q to a WQ.

does anyone know the process one would take to retake the test? It's been a year and some months since I last took it. I just want to improve my Q to a WQ.
You'll need to apply to another announcement. When they start doing testing for that you'll have to call Robinson and schedule your re-take, as I understand it.

You'll need to apply to another announcement. When they start doing testing for that you'll have to call Robinson and schedule your re-take, as I understand it.
You will get a letter from Robinson when they test for the next PUBNAT (if you've applied to it), as if you had never applied before. That is what happened for me.

Back