Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

if anyone wants the "greenbook" by asa - let me know - PM w/the offer. the cd it comes with is just ok - it gives you a basic idea of what letter factory will be like, scan portion is pretty close as well as the simulated scope. for those of you with test anxiety it'll give you a taste iof the real test. keep in mind the atsat is an aptitude test

Thanks, that helps alot. Have you recieved the book yet? If so, do you think it will help.

The book itself is not of much use. The CD it comes with will help you with the air traffic simulation. The letter factory is MUCH easier on the test, but you should familiarize yourself with each of the sections. Score above an 85 and you got a shot. Good luck. :crazy:

I saw this today on my main asap page

**** NOTICE Regarding AT-SAT Score ****

AT-SAT test list generated:
  • 08/13/2009 03:17:51 PM (Central Time): You have been authorized to take the AT-SAT test for announcement AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162. You will be contacted within a few weeks to schedule the test. If you have questions about the process, please call Aviation Careers Division at 405-954-4657.

yeah, i too got the same thing. i was expecting a call or an email or a letter or something. do you know how we should expect to be contacted?

yeah, i too got the same thing. i was expecting a call or an email or a letter or something. do you know how we should expect to be contacted?
Divine intervention!

But on a serious note, I got an email. That's what happens with most people in regards to AT-SAT testing.

You are fine bro!

Since you've already taken it, you will not be re-authorized to take it as you already have. The same is with me, i've taken it, and it says i'm not authorized to take it. Did you score WQ?

So I took mine already, too. Should it say something? Mine just says...
Referral-Rectangle_01.gif

• No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162

• No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT8-12162

Looks about the same for me! It changes when the geo-graph preferences go out stating that you have made the referral list. From there, it'll eventually indicate whether or not you were selected for a position.

7 was by far the slowest PUBNAT. Since it was 6 months ago, I have to guess that it was a trial run for the new system, where a PUBNAT only comes around every 6 months. They also jumped the gun big time! They are so backed up getting people into classes that I'm surprised we got 8.

What's the hiring plan again? 10,000 people in the next 5 years?

Seems like a bad idea considering they can only get about 1,000 through OKC per year. i.e. the back-up will only get worse. Imaging if you got hired 2015...you wouldn't go to OKC until 2020. YIKES!

7 was by far the slowest PUBNAT. Since it was 6 months ago, I have to guess that it was a trial run for the new system, where a PUBNAT only comes around every 6 months. They also jumped the gun big time! They are so backed up getting people into classes that I'm surprised we got 8.

What's the hiring plan again? 10,000 people in the next 5 years?

Seems like a bad idea considering they can only get about 1,000 through OKC per year. i.e. the back-up will only get worse. Imaging if you got hired 2015...you wouldn't go to OKC until 2020. YIKES!

Maybe pubnat 7 took so long just to get the gap between pubnats to the six month range? So now that there will only be two a year it seems like there will be more room in OKC to get trainiees in faster than 1.5 years from time of application to okc start.

Also at least it seems like some people from the 5/6 pubnat are starting to get class dates....so thats good news!

So I got mine yesterday as well, good to finally hear something. I tried a search for this but could not find it, but where do you actually get assigned to take the exam? I'm assuming it's at the nearest FAA office (So Seattle for me) but just wondering! Congrats to everyone who is now one step closer. . . Or so :)

Stephen C

So I got mine yesterday as well, good to finally hear something. I tried a search for this but could not find it, but where do you actually get assigned to take the exam? I'm assuming it's at the nearest FAA office (So Seattle for me) but just wondering! Congrats to everyone who is now one step closer. . . Or so :)

Stephen C
From what I've seen, they are pretty much always given at hotels. In the little conference rooms with banks of 30 computers. When I took mine it was at a Windham hotel in Lisle, IL which as far as I know is nowhere near the FAA office in Chicago.

Looks about the same for me! It changes when the geo-graph preferences go out stating that you have made the referral list. From there, it'll eventually indicate whether or not you were selected for a position.

This section does not change when geographic preferences go out. It changes after selection panels are held, and it will change to something about being selected for an interview OR it will say sorry another candidate has been chosen for this position.

For me it was 10 months from my first app until this section changed

actually, i forgot a step, sometime after geoprefs and before panels it will tell you that you have made the referral list, after panels it will give you one of the two messages i listed above

So is it possible to still take the test even if you've already taken it once?
I only got Q last time I took it and think I would be able to get WQ if I took it again.
(this has prlly been asked before, but im too lazy to go back and find the answer) :laff:

If it has been at least a year since the last time you took it! A score is good for three years but you have to wait at least a year to retake it!

Back