No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Reasons

Re: No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Rea

As long as some people don't see a problem with that then look to be waiting for a long time and to have the possibility of never getting picked up for your facility preference. Plenty of OTS have careers/jobs, but you have to willing to give that up when you apply to a federal job "throughout the nation." Have fun waiting if that is your thinking, but I would be willing to go basically anywhere in the country.

The FAA doesn't really, really want anyone in particular. If someone declines an offer, there is another person who will take it and do just as good of a job.

If I was offered A11 or ANC, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Maybe they don't REALLY REALLY want anyone in particular, but my point was, if you read other threads, you'd see there were 2 people: 1 person chose FL & GA (like myself) and 1 chose NH and OR and BOTH people were chosen for Tennessee! That goes to show, like you said, they're preferences...so if they aren't going to place you where you asked, there's a good possiblity they'll place you somewhere else. You can take it or leave it. Choosing one are or 2 states doesn't seem to have an affect whether you got chosen or not.

I'm pretty sure there were people on here who said something to the effect of, "PLACE ME ANYWHERE YOU NEED ME" and still didn't get chosen! For what reason? I don't know...but I guess that's why I'm posting on this thread!

RobertB said:
The FAA doesn't really, really want anyone in particular. If someone declines an offer, there is another person who will take it and do just as good of a job.

...While that may be true and all, why are you advocating it?

Everyone on here seems so proud to say, "I'm so desperate; I'll go anywhere".

I know there are some younger folks who don't have anything tying them down, but when you're 25, 28, 30, and you have a wife, kids, house, and a life to lead, can you really be selfish enough to move them all to Thailand for $40k/yr? And especially when the LOCAL TOWER IN YOUR AREA is under-staffed? It's utterly inane.

I know we all love this, and want to do this, but you don't need to move to Idaho to have your shot.

I know we all love this, and want to do this, but you don't need to move to Idaho to have your shot.

I resent that comment......There are those of us that would Kill to be selected for Idaho.......

...While that may be true and all, why are you advocating it?

I know there are some younger folks who don't have anything tying them down, but when you're 25, 28, 30, and you have a wife, kids, house, and a life to lead, can you really be selfish enough to move them all to Thailand for $40k/yr? And especially when the LOCAL TOWER IN YOUR AREA is under-staffed? It's utterly inane.

There is no advocating anything. All I was saying is don't be surprised if you don't get picked when you put down one state and one area within that state especially if that place is overstaffed! It is common sense. If you aren't willing to go anywhere else, then A) wait until a spot opens up and hope to get picked or B) don't apply.

There are roughly 4,000 applicants applying every month. There is someone out there who will take a spot that someone else turns down. If you are hoping for a certain facility, you better hope no one else applies who is more qualified. If you really want the job, then you will make sacrificies to work everything out. If it isn't worth sacrificing other things, then the FAA or any other federal job 'throughout the nation' isn't the career path for you.

What FAA tower is in Thailand? If your local tower is understaffed, then sure wait for them to hopefully hire you. If it isn't, like the facility of the person I was referring to, then you are going to have to wait and hope someone more qualified doesn't come by because the FAA doesn't care who gets hired because Joe A and Joe B can both do the same job...

I'm sowwy. :(

Its all good.... some people are just not aware of the wonderfulness that is Idaho....... :D

Unfortunately for me Idaho is not hiring for the forseable Future, so I am being forced into taking the Round about way of getting hired there. So I am going to take a lower choice and transfer there later on......:banghead:

*****UPDATE*****

I spoke to Pam from FAA, she stated that the emails will be sent out randomly throughout the four weeks following the panels meeting. She also stated that if you do not receive an email by November 1st, you were probably not selected. She also said there is NO LIST to see if you were selected (so dont bother calling). She added a side note in about if you didnt receive something yet it could be because they are still deciding where to put you, or if two panels picked you, which one are they going to put you in. Hope this is a sign of relief to some.

waiting continues....

Its all good.... some people are just not aware of the wonderfulness that is Idaho....... :D

Unfortunately for me Idaho is not hiring for the forseable Future, so I am being forced into taking the Round about way of getting hired there. So I am going to take a lower choice and transfer there later on......:banghead:

I might have to do the same with KVGT, if I don't get picked up for KLAS Tower (not TRACON, since it's an up/down).

*****UPDATE*****

I spoke to Pam from FAA, she stated that the emails will be sent out randomly throughout the four weeks following the panels meeting. She also stated that if you do not receive an email by November 1st, you were probably not selected. She also said there is NO LIST to see if you were selected (so dont bother calling). She added a side note in about if you didnt receive something yet it could be because they are still deciding where to put you, or if two panels picked you, which one are they going to put you in. Hope this is a sign of relief to some.

waiting continues....

Pam isn't reputable. She's given us misinformation 2x, and couldn't even find my name in the system for >10mins. when I called once. I nearly had a stroke on the line. I wouldn't trust a Luddite who doesn't know how to use a computer, but that's me.

Also, Elaine, one of the heads of HR, wouldn't lie -- and she has told people outright that they were not selected.

If it isn't worth sacrificing other things, then the FAA or any other federal job 'throughout the nation' isn't the career path for you.

I take 'throughout the nation' to mean something different - not that you must have the interest or availability to move anywhere they put you if you want to pursue the career badly enough...but simply that they are not hiring only in one specific area. There aren't just positions in CA, or in DC, or just at ZDV, but literally, they're hiring 'throughout the nation'.

Semantics, I suppose, but an important distinction.

What FAA tower is in Thailand?
Sardonic perception clearly isn't your strength.

BIG NEWS!!!

I just talked to the pepc coordinator after hours of trying...Finally talked to her. She was so nice, and after looking couldn't find my name on the list. As I let out that deep breath of agony...she said "wait, what did you score on the at-sat" I told her 97.7 and she responded with "oh, well you were probably picked up by a couple of places at panels. This happens to a lot of people and we don't even know their names yet. The list should be in later this week, after deciding which facility needs them the most." I asked about a the fact that a few of you guys had higher scores than me and already had invites and she just said that it's by chance that you get picked for more than one place. So you can have a high score and already have been picked up or you could have been picked up by 2 and not know yet. I asked if I was on that list should I have already recieved an initial contact email..she said no. So if you have not heard anything keep your hopes up. She told me "I'm confident with your score that you will be picked up, from what I know they weigh most of their decision on the at sat score." We will see how the end of this week plays out....Emails aren't over...:nana2:
I wonder if this is still the case for some of us that have already called and told we were not on a list? The split panels idea was so dumb in my opinion. How can you have a list of many of the same people and expect not to get duplicates?
I'm hoping this is the case since I chose NY as one of my preferences, seeing as though I've seen only a few people with ZNY and one terminal person for NY? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Anyway, thanks for the information man.

Pam isn't reputable. She's given us misinformation 2x, and couldn't even find my name in the system for >10mins. when I called once. I nearly had a stroke on the line. I wouldn't trust a Luddite who doesn't know how to use a computer, but that's me.

Also, Elaine, one of the heads of HR, wouldn't lie -- and she has told people outright that they were not selected.

Ammolite is right. i spoke with Caroline Chambers (she is the person who sends out the Initial Pepc Invites, as well as the Pepc confirmation email) and she said that all the emails have gone out already. i confirmed that with her 3 times on the phone because i have 3 of my best friends who were waiting for an email. i spoke with her late tuesday.

I take 'throughout the nation' to mean something different - not that you must have the interest or availability to move anywhere they put you if you want to pursue the career badly enough...but simply that they are not hiring only in one specific area. There aren't just positions in CA, or in DC, or just at ZDV, but literally, they're hiring 'throughout the nation'.

Semantics, I suppose, but an important distinction.

Sardonic perception clearly isn't your strength.

I agree with your view on 'throughout the nation'...and maybe next time we'll all put "ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY" and see how that goes.

Yep. I chose 2 states, and chose 2 very specific airports within those states. I got my first choice. If I were offered a different state I would have declined the offer. If I were offered a different airport within the states I chose... I'd debate it for a little bit. I'd probably take it if it were close enough to the original city I requested.

My reason: If I stay in this city/state I get to live with my husband (whenever he's not deployed :rolleyes:). If I were to move to my #2 choice, I'd be living near my sister and some close friends. In either place I would know my way around, know people in the area, etc.

I'm not willing to give up everything to move to some random spot like North Dakota where I don't know the area, don't know anyone in the area, don't have family there, etc.

I sent an email last friday asking two questions. One was for an update on the pubnat2 hiring and when I would expect to hear something. The second question was asking if pubnat2 applicants would be auto considered for pubnat3 and pubnat4 as stated in the job posting. I got this reply email today:

I apologize for not answering your e-mail earlier; we are currently experiencing an overwhelming number of e-mails and phone calls.I am sorry, but at this time, you were not selected for PUBNAT2-09140. #You will need to continue applying for the general public that is on our website once a month. #As long as you do, your name will continue to be considered. #If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.Thank you,Micki GriffinAMH-300Human Resource Assistant

So no answer on the pubnat3 and 4 questions. I think its safe to say all emails are out......

People on here just like to snob around with their 97s, which they probably didn't even really acquire...

Never once have I bragged about my AT-SAT score on here. However it is posted in my signature because I'm proud of it. I don't rub it in anyone's face, and to be quite honest it should not bother you what other people made.

As for not acquiring this score, I don't see how what you said even makes sense. The AT-SAT is something you either do well on or you fail it. You cannot study for the test (except for the gauge reading and math portions) and even then, you have to be good at that kind of stuff before even thinking about this career path.

If anything, you should be supportive of those in this online community and hope yourself that you get selected. As a manager, I'd always hire someone who is upbeat and thinking positively for themselves and their team as opposed to a whiner who is upset because they did not get selected even though they may actually deserve it.

Keep your head up. The FAA is hiring a ton of people, chances are if you did somewhat well on the AT-SAT you'll be selected at a later date.

I sent an email last friday asking two questions. One was for an update on the pubnat2 hiring and when I would expect to hear something. The second question was asking if pubnat2 applicants would be auto considered for pubnat3 and pubnat4 as stated in the job posting. I got this reply email today:

I apologize for not answering your e-mail earlier; we are currently experiencing an overwhelming number of e-mails and phone calls.I am sorry, but at this time, you were not selected for PUBNAT2-09140. #You will need to continue applying for the general public that is on our website once a month. #As long as you do, your name will continue to be considered. #If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.Thank you,Micki GriffinAMH-300Human Resource Assistant

So no answer on the pubnat3 and 4 questions. I think its safe to say all emails are out......

I think she kind of answered the question by saying that you need to continue applying, and as long as you do, your name will be considered...which means, if you didn't apply to PUBNAT3, you're not being considered.

I called the Aviation careers division regarding the pubnat2. She said we still have till the end of the month to be contacted woohoo. Maybe that explains it since most people that were contacted early had atsat scores in the upper 90s, and mine being in the upper 80s may take an extra couple of weeks :hiya:

I called the Aviation careers division regarding the pubnat2. She said we still have till the end of the month to be contacted woohoo. Maybe that explains it since most people that were contacted early had atsat scores in the upper 90s, and mine being in the upper 80s may take an extra couple of weeks :hiya:

I scored 97.5 and have not been contacted yet

Yeah, it's stupid how the system directs you to apply for a certain facility, I could give a rats ass which one, just get me an opening!! :banghead:

Back