No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Reasons

Re: No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Rea

I asked for DFW center. Haven't got an email yet. Geo pref. TX VA. comment box said DFW blah blah blah:nana2: Here is to tomorrow being a wonderful day full of emails

Alabama & Tennessee Here
Both Terminal And Enroute

No email yet but definitely still hopeful.

Here is to hoping for more emails this week!

I found out two other people not on this site that got TX. Still hoping though.

Why would you limit yourself to just one state and just one area in particular???

Maybe b/c she wanted to stay in that area? Like myself, I chose Terminal only for FL & GA. Granted that's a wider choice, I too, didn't get an email. I'm bummed, but at the same time, I'm not willing to move to "No-Man's-Land" just to get an ATC job. There's more postings to come, so hopefully I'll be able to apply to one of those and get picked up for a state that I'd prefer to live and work in.

And yes, you can move, but not everyone it's a one-man (or woman) show and can just up and move like that. :whatever:

I agree there may be more e-mails but we also must remember that not everyone who applies is going to frequent this site. We definitely don't have 2000 regular posters and that seems to be about how many they have in each PubNat...there may be a bunch of people who got DFW but just aren't here to say.

I haven't been keeping up with PUBNAT1 people to see how PUBNAT2 could possibly play out...but what are the chances of more emails going out? The way I look at it...why would they send out mass emails on Friday to people they selected and give them first choices on PEPC dates and times...and then turn around and send out mroe emails later so we can get "left-over" dates. I would think they would give everyone chosen a fair chance to pick a PEPC date and city??? :rolleyes:

QUESTION: Can someone please send me a copy of the original PUBNAT 2 that states that we do not have to apply for PUBNAT 3 because we would be automatically considered? I need this information ASAP....even more so for those of us that did not get picked for PUBNAT 2....I spoke with the Administrator over OKC hiring process and I was informed that they made a mistake and that we will not be considered because after the panels pick the people that they want than that is it and the rest go into a file. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

QUESTION: Can someone please send me a copy of the original PUBNAT 2 that states that we do not have to apply for PUBNAT 3 because we would be automatically considered? I need this information ASAP....even more so for those of us that did not get picked for PUBNAT 2....I spoke with the Administrator over OKC hiring process and I was informed that they made a mistake and that we will not be considered because after the panels pick the people that they want than that is it and the rest go into a file. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

It should be on your ASAP page for PUBAT2 if it indeed said you 'would be automatically considered...'

Someone made a reference about the highest scores (like 100's or higher than 97.7) getting picked first, which made sense till I saw this:
I got MIAMI Tower with a 96.3
My score was 97. Voids that. Which leaves Geo Prefs + Experience.

What kind of a work and academic history do you have?

If I were an employer, I'd take someone with 8 years of supervisor work and a 4.0GPA over someone who just scored well on a test. That's not enough.

You need to chill.
If you MUST know.
I am 22. I have been a supervisor or manager in every position I've ever had, with consistent pay increases since I was 18. I had a 3.9 GPA in high school, graduated from the IB program. I have about a 3.2 GPA now in college. I work full time(that's right, 32 hours a week) plus school full time(that's right 12 credit hours a semester). I often work 12 hour days on weekends. If you combine my work history and college experience, I am more than well qualified. I am in perfect health, no vision problems, no hearing, no medical problems. My family history is perfect. I am in pretty good physical shape since I've been playing sports since I was 4(did I mention I was varsity soccer, swimming, track in high school?). Add in my 97 AT-SAT score and I'd say I'm in pretty good shape (or so I thought).
Now does most of that really matter? No-probably not. I would have thought that as LONG AS you met the work requirements and had a decent score that you'd be selected, guess I was wrong.

Now...do you want any more info on me? SAT scores? When I first learned to walk? What shampoo I use? Stop hitting on me and focus on the topic.

I think it has to do with GEO PREF LOCATIONS and basically the panels. By that I think they sit down with a big stack of applicants in divided into well qualified and qualified and then go through and essentially match them through with whomever is in the stack first to what locations needs a person. So people who have good scores or good background or ANYTHING are in essence, at the bottom of the stack. Meaning it is COMPLETELY random. Did that make sense?:panic:

In OTHER NEWS...I was going to update the main post with everyone elses information...but I am kinda fed up, so I'll skip that. Ciao all. I won't be here anymore other than to post if I get some delayed email saying I've been selected.

Maybe b/c she wanted to stay in that area? Like myself, I chose Terminal only for FL & GA. Granted that's a wider choice, I too, didn't get an email. I'm bummed, but at the same time, I'm not willing to move to "No-Man's-Land" just to get an ATC job. There's more postings to come, so hopefully I'll be able to apply to one of those and get picked up for a state that I'd prefer to live and work in.

And yes, you can move, but not everyone it's a one-man (or woman) show and can just up and move like that. :whatever:

I know why she picked that area, but it doesn't look good when you are trying to get a job that has openings everywhere. It says, "I want to be an air traffic controller, but only if it is in this area and at this facility."

Geographical preferences are just that...preferences... If the FAA offers to a spot and you turn it down, your wait should be very long if you are even considered again for a spot. Boise isn't a 'no-man's land.' She is not going to get a job there unless 1) Someone leaves that facility for a transfer 2) Someone retires and we are assuming that someone with more qualifications doesn't list the same preferences. I don't understand why if you want a job as an air traffic controller, when job openings are being offered everywhere, you limit yourself to one state and one area within that state.

this isnt confirmed or anything, just an observation....

i think one thing that has to do with one person getting picked over another is where you live.

Example....person A lives in TX and gets a 92 on their test, and person B gets a 97 and lives in NY. they both choose TX as their Geo Prefs, and person A got the job and person B didnt. ive seen this happen on this forum a few times. so i definately think thats one reason.

this isnt confirmed or anything, just an observation....

i think one thing that has to do with one person getting picked over another is where you live.

Example....person A lives in TX and gets a 92 on their test, and person B gets a 97 and lives in NY. they both choose TX as their Geo Prefs, and person A got the job and person B didnt. ive seen this happen on this forum a few times. so i definately think thats one reason.

I'm sure it is considered because the FAA has had many people turn down position openings in states that the applicant had listed as geographical preferences.

I'm sure it is considered because the FAA has had many people turn down position openings in states that the applicant had listed as geographical preferences.

yeah its true...for me i chose TX for PUBNAT1, and didnt get chosen with a 96.3 score, and boomer got chosen with a 90. and he lives in Dallas. just an observation

It should be on your ASAP page for PUBAT2 if it indeed said you 'would be automatically considered...'

It did say it and the lady said that it was a mistake....the problem is that there is no proof.....and it has been edited.

cycy who did you call to see that you weren't selected?? I haven't received an email yet and I'm tired of waiting...:(

It did say it and the lady said that it was a mistake....the problem is that there is no proof.....and it has been edited.

I definitely don't have it then because it was on the PUBAT3 and I only applied to PUBAT1, PUBAT2, and PUBAT4.

GOOD NEWS.....just want you all to know that my friend just received an email with a job offer for ZNY.

E-MAILS ARE STILL GOING OUT!!!!

*drops coffee in lap*...man i wish i was at Mcd's when i did that...would have made a million bucks.

It's been two long years, however I could smoke a cigarette right now. ...

you mean this one?:
"If you previously applied under announcement numbers AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT1-08232 and AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT2-9140 you will continue to receive consideration for employment do not need to reapply. "

it is actually in the PUBNAT3 wording and it is still there. it is the last sentance in the Minimum qualifications description.

Back