No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Reasons

Re: No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Rea

Read my post again!

and if you want to reply with "at least im in OKC" Save it. Nobody wants to hear it.

I've never done that, nor will I. I'm done nothing but try and help you guys because I am down here, and I can go talk to these people face to face. So ya. GFY. Good for you...

A little bit of Hope for PUBNAT2!

Mikki from OKC said there is a mini-panel scheduled for the end of November.

Good luck!

Hmm...I'm not saying it won't happen, but I've been in pretty close contact with my HR rep about any other possible panels before I turn 31 and I was told the next one is in January.

Best of luck to you guys if there is one then! If anyone gets selected for ZTL at that panel...someone is going to have some explaining to do as to why I couldn't get moved there!

I too think that I am one of the unlucky ones not chosen for PUBNAT2.

I just spoke to a woman who works in the Air Traffic New Hires office in OK and she gave me a lot of good information, albeit not encouraging. (PUBNAT2 invites are done, according to her).

Whenever someone starts a sentence with, "Well the legalitites of the situation are...." It means, sorry you got screwed but here's why it's not my fault.

Every location has a certain number of openings that location managers select for. Every PUBNAT bid has many applicants. Veterans are first picked regardless of qualified or well qualified. If they passed, they are picked first regardless. CTI schooled candidates are chosen second. Third on this list are people like me with no experience. If your geographic preference has 4 openings, and there are 4+ veterans with passing ATSAT scores, you are not picked. Simple. Sad but simple.

What I did not know is that even if you make the referral list for a bid, you are not looked at again unless you continue to apply for open bids. I applied for PUBNAT2 and 5 but missed 3,4, and 6 because I did not think it necessary to apply for them concidering the job descriptions say that if you already have applied you need not do it again.

So here's my info....

PUBNAT2
ATSAT 97.4
Geo pref CT/NH terminal only
No experience, just a lot of drive

WHAT I WILL DO DIFFERENLY

Apply to everything.
Call location managers if you can. Make youself known.
Select both enroute and terminal. Why chance it.
Pray

Hope this helps.

I too think that I am one of the unlucky ones not chosen for PUBNAT2.

I just spoke to a woman who works in the Air Traffic New Hires office in OK and she gave me a lot of good information, albeit not encouraging. (PUBNAT2 invites are done, according to her).

Whenever someone starts a sentence with, "Well the legalitites of the situation are...." It means, sorry you got screwed but here's why it's not my fault.

Every location has a certain number of openings that location managers select for. Every PUBNAT bid has many applicants. Veterans are first picked regardless of qualified or well qualified. If they passed, they are picked first regardless. CTI schooled candidates are chosen second. Third on this list are people like me with no experience. If your geographic preference has 4 openings, and there are 4+ veterans with passing ATSAT scores, you are not picked. Simple. Sad but simple.

What I did not know is that even if you make the referral list for a bid, you are not looked at again unless you continue to apply for open bids. I applied for PUBNAT2 and 5 but missed 3,4, and 6 because I did not think it necessary to apply for them concidering the job descriptions say that if you already have applied you need not do it again.

So here's my info....

PUBNAT2
ATSAT 97.4
Geo pref CT/NH terminal only
No experience, just a lot of drive

WHAT I WILL DO DIFFERENLY

Apply to everything.
Call location managers if you can. Make youself known.
Select both enroute and terminal. Why chance it.
Pray

Hope this helps.

VRA's don't even take the ATSAT test. The good news for you guys is that the pool of VRA's is getting smaller. The military has matched alot of the bonuses offered by the FAA, so many are opting to stay in the military.

VRA's don't even take the ATSAT test. The good news for you guys is that the pool of VRA's is getting smaller. The military has matched alot of the bonuses offered by the FAA, so many are opting to stay in the military.

Not all vets are VRA's..... :cwm27:

Let me clear this up beause I can uderstand why there is some confusion. There are actually 3 catergories of Veterans, prior controller who served in the armed forces, who do not have to take the AT-SAT, regular veterans who just recieve a 5 point preference, and VRA applicants who are military members who separated within the last 3 years or who served during a time of war. Former controllers are the only one' s exempt from taking the test.

Let me clear this up beause I can uderstand why there is some confusion. There are actually 3 catergories of Veterans, prior controller who served in the armed forces, who do not have to take the AT-SAT, regular veterans who just recieve a 5 point preference, and VRA applicants who are military members who separated within the last 3 years or who served during a time of war. Former controllers are the only one' s exempt from taking the test.
The VRA announcements are only for prior controllers. Also, there are 10 point veteran's preferences for those who received a service-connected disability.

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Individuals with air traffic control experience who are eligible for appointment under the Veteran's Readjustment Appointment (VRA) authority and who have been discharged from active duty or who are on terminal leave. (source)

Back