No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Reasons

Re: No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Rea

I guess whoever is reading up on this particular post, let us all know if you get an e-mail today or if you happen to talk to anyone in HR. Thanks.

THats good news about the emails, I guess I can only wait now. Well see if Im part of the lucky few. :panic:

So I just got off the phone with OKC and he could not confirm one way or the other that I was or was not selected.... SO I would really like to know who you other people are getting your information from.....:banghead:

On another note, he did say that since the Panel were split by a couple of weeks, the Terminal Selections will be going out for the rest of the week and Enrouts Selections will be going out for the next 2 weeks..... But as we all know, this did come from OKC so its validity is in question.....

its weird that no one on this forum is reporting they received an email today. usually things happen on here, then i see them happen in real life...haha...but i am serious, my friend called me at like 10:30 and he got the email at 9:24am today. i hope you all get one

Yeah the only thing that bothers me is that I only got a "qualified" score. I guess I can only wait for now.

I guess flying a plane isn't the same as controlling one. If you have what it takes to be a great controller then you would have been well qualified. I'm not trying to be mean, but being able to fly doesn't give you an advantage when it comes to controlling.

That is actually not true at all. Many many controllers have told me exactly the opposite. Flying aircraft CAN (does not mean it necisarily WILL) give you a distinct advantage. Some aircraft can climb faster then others. Some can decend faster then others. If you havent been a pilot and flying some of these aircraft you wouldn't know.

The test really means little. It's just a way of sorting through applicants since they are no longer just using ex military and CTI grads.

EDIT: Oh boomer, lets just pretend this past weekend didn't happen.....

GO MIZZOU!

So I just got off the phone with OKC and he could not confirm one way or the other that I was or was not selected.... SO I would really like to know who you other people are getting your information from.....:banghead:

:yeahthat: I called this morning too and was told the same thing!! What the HECK?

I know why she picked that area, but it doesn't look good when you are trying to get a job that has openings everywhere. It says, "I want to be an air traffic controller, but only if it is in this area and at this facility."

Geographical preferences are just that...preferences... If the FAA offers to a spot and you turn it down, your wait should be very long if you are even considered again for a spot. Boise isn't a 'no-man's land.' She is not going to get a job there unless 1) Someone leaves that facility for a transfer 2) Someone retires and we are assuming that someone with more qualifications doesn't list the same preferences. I don't understand why if you want a job as an air traffic controller, when job openings are being offered everywhere, you limit yourself to one state and one area within that state.

I don't see anything wrong with saying "I want to be an air traffic, but only if it is in this area and at this facility." Some OTS applicants have a career/job at the moment and applied to be an ATC b/c of some sort of interest, etc. Maybe she (like I) will just continue doing whatever we're doing now until we do get picked up for a state or facility we prefer.

There are some people who told there FAA their preferences and didn't get a facility in the states they even listed, so if they REALLY REALLY want the person, then they'll offer them somewhere else and you can accept it or decline it.

Yes, I agree, Boise is not "no man's land" but it was just an example...and Alaska is no man's land to me, I don't know about you...would you go to Alaska if the FAA offered it to you?

ATSAT 95.6
PA and MD Geo preferences

If I remember right, one of the posts stated that we should call OKC if we didn't hear anything by the first week of November....hopefully more emails will be sent by then.

Are the PEPC invites being sent out by the specific facilities themselves?

I don't see anything wrong with saying "I want to be an air traffic, but only if it is in this area and at this facility." Some OTS applicants have a career/job at the moment and applied to be an ATC b/c of some sort of interest, etc. Maybe she (like I) will just continue doing whatever we're doing now until we do get picked up for a state or facility we prefer.

There are some people who told there FAA their preferences and didn't get a facility in the states they even listed, so if they REALLY REALLY want the person, then they'll offer them somewhere else and you can accept it or decline it.

Yes, I agree, Boise is not "no man's land" but it was just an example...and Alaska is no man's land to me, I don't know about you...would you go to Alaska if the FAA offered it to you?

As long as some people don't see a problem with that then look to be waiting for a long time and to have the possibility of never getting picked up for your facility preference. Plenty of OTS have careers/jobs, but you have to willing to give that up when you apply to a federal job "throughout the nation." Have fun waiting if that is your thinking, but I would be willing to go basically anywhere in the country.

The FAA doesn't really, really want anyone in particular. If someone declines an offer, there is another person who will take it and do just as good of a job.

If I was offered A11 or ANC, I would take it in a heartbeat.

this isnt confirmed or anything, just an observation....

i think one thing that has to do with one person getting picked over another is where you live.

Example....person A lives in TX and gets a 92 on their test, and person B gets a 97 and lives in NY. they both choose TX as their Geo Prefs, and person A got the job and person B didnt. ive seen this happen on this forum a few times. so i definately think thats one reason.

I live 1000 miles from where I was selected...but i went to college in the area where I was selected... maybe they see that..

I know bipolar knocked my score around here somewhere, but I can't find it. :(

I was just going to add (since we really don't know the weighting for sure, or does someone on here know how it's weighted?) that I had 12 years progressive work experience on my application.

I know bipolar knocked my score around here somewhere, but I can't find it. :(

I was just going to add (since we really don't know the weighting for sure, or does someone on here know how it's weighted?) that I had 12 years progressive work experience on my application.

haha..no i didnt Knock your score...im just sayin, we both had TX and i have a 96.3, and you were chosen. i have 8 years of full time work which isnt as much as 12, but i doubt that did it. i think they are trying to put people near where you live. just my thought

I live 1000 miles from where I was selected...but i went to college in the area where I was selected... maybe they see that..

I didn't go to college nor did I ever live within 2500 miles of where I was assigned(ZLA).

BIG NEWS!!!

I just talked to the pepc coordinator after hours of trying...Finally talked to her. She was so nice, and after looking couldn't find my name on the list. As I let out that deep breath of agony...she said "wait, what did you score on the at-sat" I told her 97.7 and she responded with "oh, well you were probably picked up by a couple of places at panels. This happens to a lot of people and we don't even know their names yet. The list should be in later this week, after deciding which facility needs them the most." I asked about a the fact that a few of you guys had higher scores than me and already had invites and she just said that it's by chance that you get picked for more than one place. So you can have a high score and already have been picked up or you could have been picked up by 2 and not know yet. I asked if I was on that list should I have already recieved an initial contact email..she said no. So if you have not heard anything keep your hopes up. She told me "I'm confident with your score that you will be picked up, from what I know they weigh most of their decision on the at sat score." We will see how the end of this week plays out....Emails aren't over...:nana2:

BIG NEWS!!!

I just talked to the pepc coordinator after hours of trying...Finally talked to her. She was so nice, and after looking couldn't find my name on the list. As I let out that deep breath of agony...she said "wait, what did you score on the at-sat" I told her 97.7 and she responded with "oh, well you were probably picked up by a couple of places at panels. This happens to a lot of people and we don't even know their names yet. The list should be in later this week, after deciding which facility needs them the most." I asked about a the fact that a few of you guys had higher scores than me and already had invites and she just said that it's by chance that you get picked for more than one place. So you can have a high score and already have been picked up or you could have been picked up by 2 and not know yet. I asked if I was on that list should I have already recieved an initial contact email..she said no. So if you have not heard anything keep your hopes up. She told me "I'm confident with your score that you will be picked up, from what I know they weigh most of their decision on the at sat score." We will see how the end of this week plays out....Emails aren't over...:nana2:

YAY! I almost just pooped my pants with excitement. I'll take any sort of news today. I'm suprised the refresh button still works on my internet browswer for my e-mail.

YAY! I almost just pooped my pants with excitement. I'll take any sort of news today. I'm suprised the refresh button still works on my internet browswer for my e-mail.

How funny, I pooped my pants to, but that's normal for me. :crazy:

Yeah the worst is pooping and peeing in your pants at the same time, that gets messy.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::D

Back