No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Reasons

Re: No Email? Pubnat 2? Information to Record + Possible Rea

Haha, don't remind me. I tend to get rather caustic under the influence of the bottle. Heaven help my Husband.

I love it! Please don't change! Makes for wonderful reads!

Score 84.6
GEO PREF - FL & GA
Aviation Background
Owner of Lawn Care company

I didn't expect an email, although im upset that they didn't get to the qualifieds, they should of just not put us on the referral list since they said they would look at our apps.

Why, when they can bring the numbers of legions of "qualified" and "well-qualified" applicants to Congress, to make it look like they're remedying the hiring crisis?

That is low for an ACT score... I really hope you didn't list that on your application.

hahaha no I was just messin with yall about all the test taking stuff. But It is funny how one test you can excel at and the other you score poorly on??

I was tested for the IQ test during my 2nd year of college for some psych class and follow up studies till I graduated.

Why, when they can bring the numbers of legions of "qualified" and "well-qualified" applicants to Congress, to make it look like they're remedying the hiring crisis?

Your Right in every way. The only bad part is, it's the same people applying over and over. The numbers look great on paper. But they will have problem in the future.

Your Right in every way. The only bad part is, it's the same people applying over and over. The numbers look great on paper. But they will have problem in the future.

Exactly, and what minute percentage do they actually hire?

honestly I think its really just geo preferences......I had a 92 AT-SAT score and great credentials....but I chose Terminal only (strike 1) and I also chose GA and FL as my geo-preferences...GA only really has like 1 major airport and couple out side of that....they have an en-route center as well but I kno alotta people chose GA and there were probably alot of people with a higher AT-SAT score and credential that were higher up on that list than I was...and judging from other threads alot of people chose FL and my name was just too far down on the list...SOOOO i hope for something TUesday but if not..the decision was made....I would imagine haven chosen something like NY or PA where there werent alot of people who chose them as preferences one may have had a better chance...but thats just my opinion...regardless CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that received and email and I wish the BEST Of luck to you all

I have seen so many people on here say they have a 100% on the AT-SAT....

It's totally possible that all the people selected for Florida had a higher score than 97.7...

I think getting picked up had to do with three things....

1. AT-SAT score
2. Number of applicants for the state you selected
3. Number of positions for the state you selected

You could have a 97.7 and all the work history in the world...but if you selected a state where the volume of applicants was overwhelming...there could have been 120 applicants with a score higher than 97.7 all applying for 90 jobs in your state (probably less than 90)....

States like FL and GA and IL had an overwhelming amount of applicants..... When guys with 100's are filling level 5 towers.... you are probably out of luck. I empathize though. How could you possibly think a 97.7 is too low of a score with your work history taken into account. But seriously, I don't think it's out of the question when you take into account all 3 factors above.
:panic::panic::panic:

Good luck folks... My prayers are with you. I hope you get an email Tuesday. Remember..some people will turn down the facilities that they were selected for...maybe they will fill those in the upcoming weeks as well.

Why are people with PEPC invites posting in this thread?

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this process so please stop trying to figure it out. Let me tell you why.

My Score - 95.0
Friend A -96.3
Friend B -98.6

All three of us had the same exact geo preferences, all have had 5+ years of work experience, all went to college, none of us were vets or cti - all OTS.

I was not selected.
Friend A (96.3) was selected for ZNY.
Friend B (98.6) was not selected.

How is this possible?
I think this whole process is like winning the lottery.
I am still optimistic about getting an email on tuesday, if not then this is the end of the road for me as I turn 31 in december. Good luck to all of you who are still able to make the age cut for future anouncements.

friend A here....I as talkin to the guy I know who has been controling at zny for 15 years and he said I was chosen because I took the test earlier. It makes sense I guess.

Newbie here.....Did anyone chose ALA as a geo pref?

friend A here....I as talkin to the guy I know who has been controling at zny for 15 years and he said I was chosen because I took the test earlier. It makes sense I guess.

Amazing. You would think that since they feel the need to recruit teenagers in NY that all of you would have been chosen. As MrMet said, no rhyme or reason.

Mid eighties for the ATSAT
Terminal for the Orlando Area
Disabled Veteran
No Email

I guess flying a plane isn't the same as controlling one. If you have what it takes to be a great controller then you would have been well qualified. I'm not trying to be mean, but being able to fly doesn't give you an advantage when it comes to controlling.

In most cases, in my opinion it would give you an advantage. Pilots hired into ATC would already know all the phraseology, clearances, types of approaches and aircraft handling characteristics before day 1 of class. That would be considered an advantage in my book.

Now don't get mad at me, this doesn't mean that someone who was a farmer all his life who goes to atc school couldn't be a better controller than the pilot when its all said and done. I just think the pilot has the home court advantage, it doesn't mean he will necessarily win.

As far as the ATSAT goes, I think it is a good tool for them to guage your potential. But they should, and I believe they do only look at it as a piece of the puzzle. Other things like work experience, college, vets and previous atc background probably also play a big factor in their decision to hire someone.

Flame suit donned.

In most cases, in my opinion it would give you an advantage. Pilots hired into ATC would already know all the phraseology, clearances, types of approaches and aircraft handling characteristics before day 1 of class. That would be considered an advantage in my book.

Now don't get mad at me, this doesn't mean that someone who was a farmer all his life who goes to atc school couldn't be a better controller than the pilot when its all said and done. I just think the pilot has the home court advantage, it doesn't mean he will necessarily win.

As far as the ATSAT goes, I think it is a good tool for them to guage your potential. But they should, and I believe they do only look at it as a piece of the puzzle. Other things like work experience, college, vets and previous atc background probably also play a big factor in their decision to hire someone.

Flame suit donned.

Very well worded.:D

91.5... NJ

I know I'm being picky with that, but I can't do much about it. I haven't seen anyone who was picked up for a NJ facility from PUBNAT2, so maybe it just wasn't the time :banghead:

I picked NJ and PA. Nothing here as well. I dont remeber seeing one for PA either. Oh well, theres always next time.

Ok was anyone going for ZFW fort worth. I scored a 93.7 and selected TC and GA. I know from a contact at ZFW that they needed to fill 26 slots this month from elgible retirees. I havent seen anyone post that they got a response in the DFW area eccept one guy at the DFW TRACON. Im really leaning towards the fact that the e mails probaly arent finished yet.

Ok was anyone going for ZFW fort worth. I scored a 93.7 and selected TC and GA. I know from a contact at ZFW that they needed to fill 26 slots this month from elgible retirees. I havent seen anyone post that they got a response in the DFW area eccept one guy at the DFW TRACON. Im really leaning towards the fact that the e mails probaly arent finished yet.

There are still quite of few PUBNAT1s in queue for a class date for ZFW.

Just on JetCareers alone are myself, esw2005 and yank&bank (I think there are a couple more who don't post on here anymore)

I picked PA and MD for my Geo Prefs. Both terminal and En-Route.

89.6 on AT-SAT

Let's see what happens this week with En-route e-mails....eh?

Good luck!

I agree there may be more e-mails but we also must remember that not everyone who applies is going to frequent this site. We definitely don't have 2000 regular posters and that seems to be about how many they have in each PubNat...there may be a bunch of people who got DFW but just aren't here to say.

Back