My sneaky plan to get helo lessons

RynoB said:
Does UND still offer the Army ROTC helo program. If it does, Paul should look into it. I thought about doing it when I was in high school. The students had to pay for PPL in helicopters, then the Army payed for the rest of the helo training (instrument and commercial I believe). For a little commitment of course :)

Yes they do, and I was going to suggest it to him!

Good thing is, the service obligation (6-years) begins after flightschool, so if you come in already having a comm rotor, flight school is very short and your obligation begins a year earlier than most.

So Paul... this website is for you: http://www.und.edu/dept/armyrotc/home.html

Wow, Ive been well behind on this thread. I was just browsing around and found it again. But of course, things never go as planned, I havnt flown in months, I havnt had the money, and I didn't get the FBO job (I'm actually calling him today, he said he might need help in August and on, well see how that goes). So I think Im going to start flying again (fixed) and I'll see if I could solo at 16. As for helos, i can only wish right now, but I would still love to fly (beat the air into submission) them. As for the ROTC program, I dont think I will, Ive still got some time to make up my mind.

Ah, FBO foods, The last time I was there they had brownies and jelly beans, my CFI was going crazy.

Back